The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New lines at Practice

-Vintage Canuck-

The second line isn't going to being getting second line minutes. Its just the style of play that they will be playing. They'll get comfy offensive minutes while the third line of Burrows Higgins Hansen will do the heavy lifting (checking etc) and probabley end up with more ice time.

Weise is more than likely on that line because Kassian got promoted. That lines need someone like Weise, a big body that can create some room.

Should be

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise Schroeder Burrows

Volpatti Malhotra Ebbett

1st line builds on the assumption Kassian can be a 1st line 40 goal scorer

2nd line is our post Kesler injury 3rd line, may as well get it some practice.

3rd line is 2 wingers that can speed through defenders for easy breakaways, while fore checking hard, probbaly best to give this line our top 2 d lines from time to time.

4th line is Volpatti with two plugs that I feel are better than Raymond.

The reason weise is up is because he hast the energy and speed to play second line minuets, which will hopefully wear out some of the other teams better players. I think Burrows will fill that spot if Weise get's tired though. Our team looks slow at times so I'm glad AV is putting the guys in the best shape in a position to play the most minuets. I don't see us moving forward for long with these lines, but until the timing and conditioning gets back to where it should be we will have to juggle to keep the energy up :)

I'd like to see

sedins kass

higgins/mayray schroeder burrows/hansen

higgins/mayray Lapierre hansen/burrows

volpatti malhotra weise

Once we have improved our conditioning and are in game shape

The second line isn't going to being getting second line minutes. Its just the style of play that they will be playing. They'll get comfy offensive minutes while the third line of Burrows Higgins Hansen will do the heavy lifting (checking etc) and probabley end up with more ice time.

Weise is more than likely on that line because Kassian got promoted. That lines need someone like Weise, a big body that can create some room.

why weise with Schreoder?? I rather have Burrows there. Don't make me hate Weise. AV seen to love to over estimate players potential. it's like when Rome scores two games in a row and he puts in on the PP. He did it with Hansen last year too by putting him with Sedins for a few games.

Check out how tough the opposing defenseman is. In a 7 team league, this team has 1 win in nearly 30 tries. Weise looks like he's playing against boys.(or, maybe he's just making it look that easy 'cause he's 2nd line material!)

Such finesse. 2nd liner for sure. Lets put a 40 point/3 time 20 goal scorer in Higgins on the third line behind him. Or better yet, a 4 time 25 goal scorer and 4 time 40 point guy behind him. On a team thats having trouble scoring right now, these are smart decisions.

AV has always rewarded the players who are showing up to games with more ice time, and similarly "punished" players who are putting in a lackluster effort by demoting them. Burrows and Higgins haven't been showing up, Weise and Kassian have been.

Not sure why Raymond isn't in the pressbox though. He just really doesn't look good out there anymore.

AV must have a head cold. Canucks looking pretty confused with these lines. What's with Burrows playing centre over Higgins? Has he ever played C? The second line will be buzzing around all over the place, except where it counts.

Oh well, knowing AV the lines will be changed a few times during the game.

AV must have a head cold. Canucks looking pretty confused with these lines. What's with Burrows playing centre over Higgins? Has he ever played C? The second line will be buzzing around all over the place, except where it counts.

Archived