• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Markus Alexander Cody

[Rumour] Nino Niederreiter wants out?

96 posts in this topic

He's an anomaly. Had a single point and was -29 in 55 games last season with the Isles.

Was a 19 year old who had 46% offensive zone starts...? What's the point of bringing up a player like him and playing him as a 3rd/4th line tweener with Jay Pandolfo and Tim Wallace....? Odd.

Throw him this way.

silly reasons to want out. WTF is wrong with him? dont go near this guy Gillis. Another Cody Hodsgson in the making.

I don't understand, how could you be drafted at 5, play 64 games and accumulate just 3 points? Where would we put someone like that?

We are having enough trouble scoring at present without taking on ANOTHER project.

The thought of giving up someone like Lu in the deal would haunt us forever.

I think the point (remembering the formula of a roster player who helps us, a prospect, and a pick) is that Ninno is the prospect in the equation. Someone who helps us in the future. We would give him time to develop!

We also would require an able bodied roster player...

I don't understand, how could you be drafted at 5, play 64 games and accumulate just 3 points? Where would we put someone like that?

We are having enough trouble scoring at present without taking on ANOTHER project.

Come on people this guy was drafted in 2010, was 19 years old playing in the top league on a crappy team.

No need to give up on him yet, if Garth is willing to trade him then I'd be happy to get him on our prospect pool.

Plus he's a left wing and we need more left wing prospects in the system

Come on people this guy was drafted in 2010, was 19 years old playing in the top league on a crappy team.

No need to give up on him yet, if Garth is willing to trade him then I'd be happy to get him on our prospect pool.

Plus he's a left wing and we need more left wing prospects in the system

heres the problem

H'e's on a crappy team.

Yet he can't even crack the teams top 6 lineup? Thats sad. They didn't put him on the 3rd line. He did.

Because he wasn't good enough to play top 6 minutes yet.

heres the problem

H'e's on a crappy team.

Yet he can't even crack the teams top 6 lineup? Thats sad. They didn't put him on the 3rd line. He did.

Because he wasn't good enough to play top 6 minutes yet.

silly reasons to want out. WTF is wrong with him? dont go near this guy Gillis. Another Cody Hodsgson in the making.

Would love this kid in our prospect pool. In the World Juniors he put the Swiss team on his back and almost had them take home a medal IIRC.

Nino.... thought this was about me for a second.

False, first thing I notice was the word Google, then his nickname El Nino, than his height, weight, wikipedia, trade, web, sound tiger, born. But nope no bust.

The Islanders are such a terrible organization.

Hire a real GM not a back-up goalie with little to no management experience.

The amount of top players they could and have drafted in the past 15 years, they should be icing all-star teams by now.

Would love this kid in our prospect pool. In the World Juniors he put the Swiss team on his back and almost had them take home a medal IIRC.

If we could get Nino I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is a great player. We would need another nhler in the deal though. Grabs is probably the best choice unless they want to give us a a center to make room for strome next year.

Also anyone who is complaining about Hodgson asking for a trade needs to give their heads a shake. Hodgson is playing on Buffalo's top line and it is producing like crazy. Vanek had a 5 point night playing with the kid. We got so screwed in that trade its not even funny.

Buying out dipietro is a good idea but I'm not sure the owners would want to.

Realistically if we are taking Dipietro for Luongo that just makes the deal more one sided for ny.

I could see us getting nino and dipietro for luongo straight up and if we wanted bailey or even nielsen we'd have to give up a forward or D that can play solid nhl minutes.

If we could get Nino I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is a great player. We would need another nhler in the deal though. Grabs is probably the best choice unless they want to give us a a center to make room for strome next year.

Also anyone who is complaining about Hodgson asking for a trade needs to give their heads a shake. Hodgson is playing on Buffalo's top line and it is producing like crazy. Vanek had a 5 point night playing with the kid. We got so screwed in that trade its not even funny.

Buying out dipietro is a good idea but I'm not sure the owners would want to.

Realistically if we are taking Dipietro for Luongo that just makes the deal more one sided for ny.

I could see us getting nino and dipietro for luongo straight up and if we wanted bailey or even nielsen we'd have to give up a forward or D that can play solid nhl minutes.