The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nino Niederreiter wants out?

He's an anomaly. Had a single point and was -29 in 55 games last season with the Isles.

Was a 19 year old who had 46% offensive zone starts...? What's the point of bringing up a player like him and playing him as a 3rd/4th line tweener with Jay Pandolfo and Tim Wallace....? Odd.

Throw him this way.

I don't understand, how could you be drafted at 5, play 64 games and accumulate just 3 points? Where would we put someone like that?

We are having enough trouble scoring at present without taking on ANOTHER project.

The thought of giving up someone like Lu in the deal would haunt us forever.

I think the point (remembering the formula of a roster player who helps us, a prospect, and a pick) is that Ninno is the prospect in the equation. Someone who helps us in the future. We would give him time to develop!

We also would require an able bodied roster player...

I don't understand, how could you be drafted at 5, play 64 games and accumulate just 3 points? Where would we put someone like that?

We are having enough trouble scoring at present without taking on ANOTHER project.

Come on people this guy was drafted in 2010, was 19 years old playing in the top league on a crappy team.

No need to give up on him yet, if Garth is willing to trade him then I'd be happy to get him on our prospect pool.

Plus he's a left wing and we need more left wing prospects in the system

If we could get Nino I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is a great player. We would need another nhler in the deal though. Grabs is probably the best choice unless they want to give us a a center to make room for strome next year.

Also anyone who is complaining about Hodgson asking for a trade needs to give their heads a shake. Hodgson is playing on Buffalo's top line and it is producing like crazy. Vanek had a 5 point night playing with the kid. We got so screwed in that trade its not even funny.

Buying out dipietro is a good idea but I'm not sure the owners would want to.

Realistically if we are taking Dipietro for Luongo that just makes the deal more one sided for ny.

I could see us getting nino and dipietro for luongo straight up and if we wanted bailey or even nielsen we'd have to give up a forward or D that can play solid nhl minutes.

If we could get Nino I'd do it in a heartbeat. He is a great player. We would need another nhler in the deal though. Grabs is probably the best choice unless they want to give us a a center to make room for strome next year.

Also anyone who is complaining about Hodgson asking for a trade needs to give their heads a shake. Hodgson is playing on Buffalo's top line and it is producing like crazy. Vanek had a 5 point night playing with the kid. We got so screwed in that trade its not even funny.

Buying out dipietro is a good idea but I'm not sure the owners would want to.

Realistically if we are taking Dipietro for Luongo that just makes the deal more one sided for ny.

I could see us getting nino and dipietro for luongo straight up and if we wanted bailey or even nielsen we'd have to give up a forward or D that can play solid nhl minutes.

Archived