The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Nino Niederreiter wants out?

I think Snow had no intentions of him playing with the team yet. They wanted to take the Detroit approach at leave him in the minors for one more year. There's nothing wrong with that, so they decided it's no use bringing him to camp. Nothing wrong with what they did. Why is everyone siding against Snow's decision? I don't get this. You guys talk like you what is going on. We really don't know the details. Maybe he showed up to camp out of shape and decided not to bring him to camp as a punishement? Who knows.

I think Snow had no intentions of him playing with the team yet. They wanted to take the Detroit approach at leave him in the minors for one more year. There's nothing wrong with that, so they decided it's no use bringing him to camp. Nothing wrong with what they did. Why is everyone siding against Snow's decision? I don't get this. You guys talk like you what is going on. We really don't know the details. Maybe he showed up to camp out of shape and decided not to bring him to camp as a punishement? Who knows.

By the looks of all, he still needs time to develop. And he really should take time to develop another year in the minors. Wether it's on long island or somewhere else, he needs to do as he is told by people that have done these things in the past and developed players properly before.

He's talented, no doubt. But as everyone knows, scoring and keeping a high level in the AHL is quite a bit different that doing it in the NHL. Still, I wouldn't mind having him. I'm sure he will get his chance and be an elite player in the league in the future.

If the Islanders all of a sudden want to change their philosophy on developing young players and leave them in the ahl to develope that's fine. But you don't bring up a 19 year old player, play him with absolute plugs leaving him little chance to succeed, and then not even give him a camp invite after he was one of the best players in the ahl during the lockout.

The point is he shouldnt have been in the nhl as he clearly wasn't ready at 19 years old, then after having a really solid campaign in the ahl they dont give him a camp invite when he actually might be ready? Sounds pretty damn backwards to me.

I would be open to Nino any day. He was misused by NYI last year as most have said. I enjoyed watching him playing while he was in the WHL for Portland. It was always exciting when he got on the ice.

I think a change of scenery and a non fourth line role would do wonders for the kid. I wouldnt complain if that was in VAN

I would be open to Nino any day. He was misused by NYI last year as most have said. I enjoyed watching him playing while he was in the WHL for Portland. It was always exciting when he got on the ice.

I think a change of scenery and a non fourth line role would do wonders for the kid. I wouldnt complain if that was in VAN

So you figure he could step into The Canucks 3rd-2nd line? If the Canucks got him they would probably put him in the minors to give him a good look before putting him on the big club. Of course if that happened a pile of NHL 13 GMs on here would be screaming for Gillis or AVs head.

Nino is the real deal. I'm guessing a young highly touted prospect + 2nd rounder might work and Snow would make the deal. They don't seem to want any salary back on the isle.

I can see Calgary trying to do something, rebuilding on the fly.. however im not sure what they would have to give up.

:rolleyes:

Well, we still have Raymond, and while on his game does what Grabner does (almost). Believe me, If we could have Grabner and Ninno for Lou I'd be thinking REALLY hard. But does Josh Bailey not fit our needs more?

I also wondered why we were never in on the Boyes reclamation project. A big RW who played top line most of his career, at $1 mill for a cap hit, would have been a great way to make Kass earn his minutes, also free up Burrows to play with Kesler FT. He could still be a throw in on a deal.

Michael Grabner

Archived