Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Pat Quinn Inducted into the BC Sports Hall of fame!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dalusion

Dalusion

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

The well deserving Big Irishman Pat Quinn has been inducted into the BCHHF. He was my very first coach for the Vancouver Canucks and will always be one of my favorites!

Although he has been involved in many other organizations in management or on the bench as a player or coach, I will cherish the time he spent in Vancouver mostly as a coach (especially when he lead a low seed Nucks to the SCF in 94) I was wondering how others feel about this induction and what are your most positive or negative memory's of him?

I was a little to young to appreciate him drafting Linden at the time and to see him as a player so I am curious what other story's and information people have on him.

#2 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,632 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:17 PM

Was only a matter of time for all he's done here with the Canucks and Giants.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#3 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,560 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Wow, after all he's done for sports here in BC I'd have thought he would have been inducted long ago.
Regardless, congrats to him. He is still a huge presence in the local hockey community. His daughter Kalli is the director of Hockey Canada's female national teams. She and Pat are very involved with growing the game and they both attend Wick Fest every year.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#4 Mainly Mattias

Mainly Mattias

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

Wow, after all he's done for sports here in BC I'd have thought he would have been inducted long ago.
Regardless, congrats to him. He is still a huge presence in the local hockey community. His daughter Kalli is the director of Hockey Canada's female national teams. She and Pat are very involved with growing the game and they both attend Wick Fest every year.

Oh nice! Didn't know that. Go Pat.
“Your journey has molded you for your greater good, and it was exactly what it needed to be. Don't think you've lost time. There is no short-cutting to life. It took each and every situation you have encountered to bring you to the now. And now is right on time.” ― Asha Tyson

#5 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:09 AM

Actually thought he was already in for some reason....oh well, my bad.

Well deserved! Congratulations Pat

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.