The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

I dont get Gillis's theory...

Ricciuti1

i agree it seems a little odd that he chose to go to the media today. but as fans we have no idea what's going on behind the scenes, got to have trust that MG knows what he's doing here, and that this is a calculated move going to the Vancouver Sun today.

one thing today's move suggests is that he is clearly set on moving Lu, if that wasn't the case talking to the media about 'deals in place' would be completely ridiculous. this just seems like a move designed by MG to push the trade talks along.

Personally, I think he is making matters worse unless he is planning on dealing him before Wednesday game...otherwise we will just have even more of a distraction.

It's too bad that this team has come to this with trading Luongo. I blame the media and so-called "fans". The true canuck fans remember the goalie graveyard years. We have a proven goalie in Luongo that has a solid 3-5 years of great hockey left in him. In my opinion and I think most peoples opinion, Schneider should have been traded at the deadline prior to the Canucks run in 2011. Even to get a solid 3-4 liner and a solid 5/6 d-man plus a prospect would have been a great return. With the amount of injuries that occur in the playoffs, it is always good to have depth.

Anyways, I know this sounds very repetitive and whatnot, but I rarely post on here and I really think MG made a mistake in terms of going to the media with his statement.

i think trades bound to happen soon but gillis face three factors

i. he wants to see how lu and schneid play together and how good season goes

ii. he wants best deal for lu and some other plyer

iii. he knos lu's value goes down ovr time

so tradell happen but not now

wait until mid season or end of season

Archived