Luongo

Ballard

Schroeder

2013 second

To Van:

Niederreiter

visnovsky

Nabokov

NYI needs salary back and defence (visnovsky not likely to play there anyway).

Nothing they can do with Dipetro either way(possible buy out)

Van gets 2 solid vets that will time out when our window for the cup closes anyway.

Niederreiter may or may not make an impact in this year but would bump up to be one of our top if not top prospects and wants out of NYI.

Visnovsky is just one year left and an elite level defenceman removed 1 year (what ballard was supposed to be just without the hip checks).

I honestly think Visnovsky just doesn't want to play for the islanders, if he was still a duck would have been playing in the nhl right now.

Nabokov is the veteran Goalie MG wants behind Schnieder that also only has 1 year, so Lack can assume that next year.

Basically I think the pot just needed to be sweetened to pry Niederreiter out of NYI

Vis is only paid $3M this year despite his cap hit of $5.6M, which is right up the Islander's alley. Vis not playing for the Isles right now has more to do with his son's health issues and wanting to stay in Russia than just not liking the team, although that may factor in too. They'd rather keep him (and Nabby) and move DiPietro's contract somehow, as they definitely wouldn't want to have over $10M in salary tied up in two goalies.

I'm not sure this is a deal they'd go for.

Because I think that is all we will get, also keep in mind the rookie is a former 5th overall pick.

We are also clearing Ballard from the books and both the oldies are off the books by then end of the year if it is a failed expierement.

Just don't think we can get Nino for Lou straight up... has to be a salary exchange of some sort.

If this is our closing window for a cup room Vis and Nabokov would be clutch in a cup run.

Schroeder is the only piece i am a little suspect to give up but when does he ever fit in the canucks depth charts once Kes is back.

Visnovsky is just one year left and an elite level defenceman removed 1 year (what ballard was supposed to be just without the hip checks).

I honestly think Visnovsky just doesn't want to play for the islanders, if he was still a duck would have been playing in the nhl right now.

Nabokov is the veteran Goalie MG wants behind Schnieder that also only has 1 year, so Lack can assume that next year.

Basically I think the pot just needed to be sweetened to pry Niederreiter out of NYI

i would actually like this trade. El nino is actually listed at RW which we could use with Kes and booth. Vis would be a better bottom 5 chose because he can play solid D and his contract is up at the end of the year and Nabokov would be a great back up

OVERPAYMENT. My goodness.

Servicable NHL defenseman, Prospect who's on the cusp of being NHL ready, a top 10 goalie AND a second for:

a prospect who has 1 point in 55 NHL games last year, a bitter Defenseman who probably has a season or two at most left in the tank and is overseas with his family, and a 37 year old goalie who has more miles than every goalie in the league except brodeur and kippy.

WOOOWWWWWW

Admittedly Niederreiter has more upside than Schroeder, and would help us in the future, but for that slight upgrade of future players, we will downgrade in net, potentially get nothing back on defense, AND lose a 2nd rounder.

OVERPAYMENT. My goodness.

Servicable NHL defenseman, Prospect who's on the cusp of being NHL ready, a top 10 goalie AND a second for:

a prospect who has 1 point in 55 NHL games last year, a bitter Defenseman who probably has a season or two at most left in the tank and is overseas with his family, and a 37 year old goalie who has more miles than every goalie in the league except brodeur and kippy.

WOOOWWWWWW

Admittedly Niederreiter has more upside than Schroeder, and would help us in the future, but for that slight upgrade of future players, we will downgrade in net, potentially get nothing back on defense, AND lose a 2nd rounder.

You have the foundation of something good very here for both teams.

Nino Neiderreiter wants out of Long Island and is a good young right winger with size (6'2), who has lots of potential. The Canucks need a right winger long-term to go with Kesler and Booth, they need a forward short term with the injuries, and they need young players for the future.

Visnovski is a very good veteran defenseman who would be a great addition to any team looking to pursue the Cup. On top of this, his contract isn't long-term which leaves flexibility. He also wants out of Long Island. The Canucks have the defensive depth to let him figure out the situation with his son and then return.

So how do we get these two guys? Honestly I don't think they are interested in Lou (but probably Schneider). So I'm thinking this is a skater deal, not a goalie deal.

For salary and defensive reasons, the Islanders getting Ballard makes sense. He is signed long-term, has been a very good defenseman in the past but is buried on the third pairing and never quite fit in Vancouver.

Jordan Schroeder also makes sense. If the Isles are going to trade a good young right winger, they need someone in return.

I wonder if they'd be interested in Raymond? Please take him! haha

How about Visnovski, Neiderreiter for Ballard, Schroeder, Raymond and a draft pick (I think a third rounder would make it fair)

We must keep in mind that long-term Neiderreiter is by far the best player and therefore we need to give a decent return.

I still think Lou is a good fit for NYI, assuming they make some effort to build a competitive team and he was originally drafted by them. Plus lou's salary keeps dropping but they get the cap hit of 5.3 through the years should they continue to want to be frugal.

Dipetro is a bust and they will just have to deal with it or use an ammesty buy out.

The reason Schroeder is dispensible is he has zero future on the canucks. I agree he is a great prospect but he is not going to take sedin or keslers job any time soon and he is not a 3rd or 4 th line guy... this is the same reason we got rid of cody. Gaunce will likley become a 3rd line centre with us in a couple of years... basically sure he is great but we don't need him.

I agree lou is a great goalie (probably top 10 in nhl right now) but we have made a choice to go with schiender... but that contract is not good and there are going to be a lot of fans with shattered expectations when a trade actually goes down.

I would trade lou straight up for Nino but there is likely zero chance of NYI doing that... same as lou straight up for gardiner... lou straight up for Bjustad.. etc

Archived