The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Zack Kassian the next Todd Bertuzzi?

carter299

Yes he will use the Bertuzzi Manueover on anyone that targets a Sedin with a cheap hit.

He played a solid game, no doubt, but really the bipolarness of these boards are epic, either a player should be flogged for their poor play or hailed as the next saviour for a solid game. :picard:

Hopefully not - Kassian is his own player (and people seem to foget a lot of the "bad" that went with Bertuzzi [and not "the hit" - there were a lot of issues with him until he had a season and a half of incredible play that erveryone does remember).

I would love to see Kassian turn into a Bertuzzi (in his prime), but aside from being the same style of player, I highly doubt you will ever see another Bertuzzi. Kassian has the size, skill set and attitude to do it, but he's still young and his development could still go south. From what I've seen in the 2 games so far this season, I was more impressed with the Oilers game (almost a Gordie Howe hat-trick). If he can keep up that play for the rest of the season, he will look alot more like the big bruising power forward we have been missing for years.

Leave him with the twins, and he will put up some damn good numbers... just like anyone else you put with the twins. Playing him on the 2nd line with a healthy Kesler and Booth... I don't think we're going to see the same results. Kes and Booth need a playmaker, someone to constantly dish them the puck so they can just goto the right areas and shoot. Kassian is not the answer for these 2. My opinion anyway.

he'll never come close .. your all dreaming when you say he has the same skill set... he doesnt even have the same mind set... when he goes hard on the outside driving to the net dragging 2 guys with him and puts one top corner on the backhand with one hand on his stick then you can start talking...

Archived