Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DonLever

Canucks and Other Teams Complain Over Loss of 1st Class Seats

25 posts in this topic

Air Canada have reconfigure the seats of its Charter Service by removing first class seats. Only one of six planes now have the first class seats. Vancovuer Canucks and other hockey players complain over the loss of these seats since they lose leg room.

http://www.vancouver...1411/story.html

You'd think they could make a nice deal with a private charter company...

If I was a 6'3" NHL defenseman who was getting run at by opposing forecheckers all night, you're damn straight I'd want a comfortable seat with lots of leg room for the plane ride home.

Hopefully making room for players from a Canadian league to replace this joke of one.

It's consistent with Air Canada's motto: We're not happy, until you're not happy.

:lol:

Oh dear. No first class seats. How sad.

Here's a man playing the world's smallest violin to show my sorrow:

worlds-smallest-violin.jpg

When you're playing every other night in a different city and need to sleep on the plane...the least they can do is provide a little comfort. I want a refreshed Canucks team and Air Canada coach is brutal!

Leg room? These guys aren't basketball players....

Maybe they can all pool their money and bring back the Canucks plane they had in the 80's!

canada-politics_-75.jpg

I'm 6'3", 230 pounds, and I can't afford anything more than basic seats.

I have to shift my legs. My lower back is never comfortable. Every time I fly more than 90 minutes, I'm not in good shape. Fortunately though, any time I fly for more than 90 minutes, it's quite rare, and at my destination I'm usually not doing much more than grabbing a beer and hitting the beach or my hotel room.

I can't blame players for being upset about this. Especially Western teams that fly lots. It can really affect health and performance.

Time to bring back this guy

AT16201jp.jpg

jT0YxCU.jpg

I don't know how bad it will be for them, but considering the teams out west do far more travel, that's pretty weak since it is a charter.

Maybe WestJet jumps in and re-configures their planes to pick up the deal with the NHL teams. WestJet has always been far superior to Scare Canada.

I don't know how bad it will be for them, but considering the teams out west do far more travel, that's pretty weak since it is a charter.

Maybe WestJet jumps in and re-configures their planes to pick up the deal with the NHL teams. WestJet has always been far superior to Scare Canada.

Honestly though if I were the Canucks I would be pissed. First of all most of the players are big guys playing a tough sport, and with all the travel they need to be well rested and in peak condition, especially in a condensed season. Plus they are paying for the charter service and Air Canada suddenly downgrades their service with little to no notice. I know people will say they are rich whiny crybabies, but if you had paid for a first class ticket and they suddenly switched you to economy with no notice you would be angry too.

Well there's few things I hate more than a long day on the slopes and then coming down on the bus for a couple hours with your legs all sore and cramping on those uncomfortable seats and no room to stretch out. So I'm 100% with the hockey players on this one, that has got to suck. Lactic acid buildup and all that. Give them their first-class already! Also I like how the article says all the Canadian teams are upset, but the headline only says the Canucks. And we wonder how this team gets the reputation like they have? Media bias much!