24 replies to this topic

#1 DonLever

DonLever

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,312 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Air Canada have reconfigure the seats of its Charter Service by removing first class seats. Only one of six planes now have the first class seats. Vancovuer Canucks and other hockey players complain over the loss of these seats since they lose leg room.

http://www.vancouver...1411/story.html

Edited by DonLever, 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM.

#2 I Got A Boy

I Got A Boy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

nice info

#3 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,824 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

You'd think they could make a nice deal with a private charter company...
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 canucks since 77

canucks since 77

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Welcome to our world.
Politeness is the first step to respect!

#5 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,934 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

If I was a 6'3" NHL defenseman who was getting run at by opposing forecheckers all night, you're damn straight I'd want a comfortable seat with lots of leg room for the plane ride home.
Posted Image

#6 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully making room for players from a Canadian league to replace this joke of one.

#7 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,100 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:29 PM

It's consistent with Air Canada's motto: We're not happy, until you're not happy.

:lol:
Posted Image

#8 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,721 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Oh dear. No first class seats. How sad.

Here's a man playing the world's smallest violin to show my sorrow:

Posted Image

#9 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

When you're playing every other night in a different city and need to sleep on the plane...the least they can do is provide a little comfort. I want a refreshed Canucks team and Air Canada coach is brutal!
Posted Image

#10 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,689 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Leg room? These guys aren't basketball players....

Maybe they can all pool their money and bring back the Canucks plane they had in the 80's!

Posted Image

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#11 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

#morethanfirstworldproblems

#12 Navyblue

Navyblue

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

They'll get a real place.
Posted Image

#13 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,934 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'm 6'3", 230 pounds, and I can't afford anything more than basic seats.

I have to shift my legs. My lower back is never comfortable. Every time I fly more than 90 minutes, I'm not in good shape. Fortunately though, any time I fly for more than 90 minutes, it's quite rare, and at my destination I'm usually not doing much more than grabbing a beer and hitting the beach or my hotel room.

I can't blame players for being upset about this. Especially Western teams that fly lots. It can really affect health and performance.
Posted Image

#14 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,190 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:58 AM

No one cares.

#15 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:40 AM

Time to bring back this guy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Armada, 23 January 2013 - 09:45 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#16 InTheCrease

InTheCrease

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,601 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

I don't know how bad it will be for them, but considering the teams out west do far more travel, that's pretty weak since it is a charter.

Maybe WestJet jumps in and re-configures their planes to pick up the deal with the NHL teams. WestJet has always been far superior to Scare Canada.
I played for the Leafs for three years, Im used to the booing so it wont affect me - Kyle Wellwood

#17 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

I don't know how bad it will be for them, but considering the teams out west do far more travel, that's pretty weak since it is a charter.

Maybe WestJet jumps in and re-configures their planes to pick up the deal with the NHL teams. WestJet has always been far superior to Scare Canada.

Would disagree big time.

Having flown over 100 times with many different airlines, i'd rank Westjet pretty low with Northwest and Air Transat.

There's a reason Air Canada has been awarded the #1 Airline in North America.

Here's a few of their latest awards.

December 2012

• Air Canada was voted by readers of U.S. travel magazine Business Traveler, as “Best North American Airline for International Travel” and “Best North American Airline Inflight Experience” for the fifth consecutive year.
  • Air Canada was voted “Best North American Airline for Business-Class Service”, “Best North American Airline for International Travel” and “Best Flight Attendants in North America” by readers of U.S. travel magazine Premier Traveler.
  • For the eighth consecutive year in their international survey of business travellers the readers of US travel magazine Global Traveler voted Air Canada as the “Best Airline in North America”.
  • Air Canada Jetz was named “Best Business Charter Airline Company – North America” for our Jetz service by Business Destinations Magazine in their fifth annual Business Travel Awards! Business Destinations is a leading business travel magazine.
September 2012
  • Air Canada Cargo won the “Carrier of the Year” award at the Western CIFFA Region Forwarders Choice Awards, and earlier in 2012 also won the “Carrier of the Year” awards for the Eastern and Central regions, making it a cross-Canada sweep for Cargo.
August 2012
  • For a fifth consecutive year, Air Canada took gold for “Best Flight Experience to Canada” in Executive Travel magazine’s 2012 Leading Edge Awards readers’ survey.
July 2012
  • Air Canada was named “Best International Airline in North America” for a third consecutive year in the 2012 World Airline Awards conducted by independent research firm Skytrax, in its worldwide survey of more than 18 million travellers.

http://www.aircanada...ards/index.html

Edited by Armada, 23 January 2013 - 10:02 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#18 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

Honestly though if I were the Canucks I would be pissed. First of all most of the players are big guys playing a tough sport, and with all the travel they need to be well rested and in peak condition, especially in a condensed season. Plus they are paying for the charter service and Air Canada suddenly downgrades their service with little to no notice. I know people will say they are rich whiny crybabies, but if you had paid for a first class ticket and they suddenly switched you to economy with no notice you would be angry too.

Edited by etsen3, 23 January 2013 - 11:49 AM.

#19 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

Well there's few things I hate more than a long day on the slopes and then coming down on the bus for a couple hours with your legs all sore and cramping on those uncomfortable seats and no room to stretch out. So I'm 100% with the hockey players on this one, that has got to suck. Lactic acid buildup and all that. Give them their first-class already! Also I like how the article says all the Canadian teams are upset, but the headline only says the Canucks. And we wonder how this team gets the reputation like they have? Media bias much!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#20 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Would disagree big time.

Having flown over 100 times with many different airlines, i'd rank Westjet pretty low with Northwest and Air Transat.

There's a reason Air Canada has been awarded the #1 Airline in North America.

Here's a few of their latest awards.

http://www.aircanada...ards/index.html

Jesus, do you work for air canada or something?!?

All I can say is that I've been going back and forth between Edmonton and Vancouver Island quite a bit in the past few months and West Jet is just a way better experience all around. Comfier seats, quicker flight, less delays, less mechanical issues. But maybe that's just me.
Posted Image

#21 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,347 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:38 PM

Why not make a deal with Westjet?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#22 lx Birdie xl

lx Birdie xl

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

Air Canada is a sponsor.. don't think they'd be too happy

#23 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,775 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Maybe they can hitch a helicopter ride with Peter McKay?

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

#24 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,565 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Well there's few things I hate more than a long day on the slopes and then coming down on the bus for a couple hours with your legs all sore and cramping on those uncomfortable seats and no room to stretch out. So I'm 100% with the hockey players on this one, that has got to suck. Lactic acid buildup and all that. Give them their first-class already! Also I like how the article says all the Canadian teams are upset, but the headline only says the Canucks. And we wonder how this team gets the reputation like they have? Media bias much!

It's a Vancouver Sun article.

#25 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,539 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

I know that complaining makes them sound super prissy but...if we put ourselves in their situation, i think it makes sense that they'd be upset. Traveling a much as they do and needing their bodies to be healthy in order to play well means that the players need to be as comfortable as possible when they're in the air.

Lack of proper seating could mean they can't sleep properly or they can't move around as freely. All these things have an impact of fatigue levels and that leads to poor play. These are huge guys - tall and wide. They need to be comfortable.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.