The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do you guys underestimate Lapierre's skill?

kj29

I just dont get it.... why do you guys choose schroeder over lapierre?

I mean, Lapierre played with the Sedins last year and he was able to score a ton of points........

Schroeder has to prove tht he is a 2nd line centremen

Lapierre already did so why dont you guys think tht he is ready for tht role

What the heck guys <_<

Love the guy but he's a grinder. A very good grinder, but a grinder. He should play the role that suits him. Just because he scored a few points playing with the best playmakers in the world doesn't mean he can anchor a scoring line by himself.

because he would be a fringe 2nd liner, instead of an awesome 3rd liner... i would like to see lappy on the 2nd line, but not with the supporting cast he would currently have. if kesler is slow off of injury or is missing a beat on faceoffs i would welcome the chance to see lappy with ACTUAL top 6 players on his wing. throwing him in there now doesnt really seem to make sense.

i do, however, think that hansen would make the players around him on the second line better... maybe a demotion to, oh-i-dont-know, raymond.

Although Schroeder played college, and Lapierre played QMJHL, Lapierre was able to put up over a point a game in junior, similar to Schroeder. Also, Lapierre stats while in the AHL are a lot more impressive than what Schroeder has done.

The reason that people only think Lapierre is a 3rd line center, is because NHL 13 says so.

This happens year after year with fans. They believe the hype of prospects.

I will say this. If Schroeder is unable to put up points at this level, he will have to change his game somehow to be able to contribute. I have no doubt Lapierre has the skillset to fill-in the top 6. But that is not how he evolved his game in the NHL.

Taylor Pyatt was an 8th overall pick, huge scorer in junior. Raffi Torres, too. They put up 2nd line quality points in the AHL. They aren't anything more than 3rd liners. Their size allowed them to stay in the NHL as they became "grinders".

If you look at small speedy players, there aren't as many like Schroeder that are success. Marty St. Louis put up significantly better numbers than Schroeder at each level. Until Schroeder can dominate the AHL, I don't think he takes another step. He certainly doesn't pass Lapierre on the depth chart now.

Best case scenario, is he duplicates Brian Gionta's rookie season. Play 30 games, get 10 points.

I actually agree with this post, I was always a Lapierre fan living in MTL and then the day he got traded to the Ducks I bought center ice and watched him there and then he got traded to Vancouver one of the greatest hockey places in the world and I was so happy, I bought a lappy Vancouver jersey and learnt about the team and everything. But there is a reason I have always loved Lapierre and thats because he is not only one of the most versatile forwards in the leagur, but he is one of the hardest workers in the league as well and he always puts the team before him. When u give him the right coaching he will play spectacular and Carbo and AV seem to have something in common, they both know how to use him, however I would like to see AV put him back on the 3rd line for next game and not ruin him playing with volpatti and manny. I think he has an unrated amount of talent, this is someone who was promised the "A" in Montreal when carbo was there for winning the jean Belveau trophy and then Carbo got fired and they never gave him the "A" and Jaques Martin ruined him. I really want him to get that bigger role because he deserves it after all hes been through. I would really like players to be more like him, not only did he put on 20 pounds for us but he just works harder, and I am hoping Gillis will reward him with a contract.

I like Lappy a lot and I think he is perfect for our 3rd line. Higgy and Laps are better players that Shroeder right now, but I don't think Jordan is good for the 3rd line. With Booth and Kes out, our 2nd and 3rd lines are interchangeable. The current 3rd linup will probably be a permanent line, so keep them together and play them as much as the 2nd. If Jordon can't do it, Higgy or Laps will have to step in and someone else will have to play 3rd winger.

Archived