The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why do you guys underestimate Lapierre's skill?

kj29

He does have skill, there is no denying that but he is more of a 3rd/4th player. Schroeder is more of an offensive player and that is why he is on the 2nd line as 3rd/4th are more of checking/secondary scoring/energy lines. I also like how we have a balanced roster, we could just give all 4 lines the same amount of ice time, maybe little less for the 4th though.

Because some people can only see the bad things in anything!! If Gretsky was playing today there would be people who would not be satisfied with his play. Look on the bright side, the wins will come and both these two will be playing a part. They are too good not to succeed.

Go Canucks Go

Lappy - Hansen - Higgins could be amongst the best 3rd lines in the League .. just need to let them play together ..

Edit: Lappy could be amongst the very best 3rd line centers in the League, given his new "martial" ability, increased strength and maturity .. just watch him .. not too many people are willing to get physical with him ..

He and Malhotra haven't really done anything offensively lately. We need our 3rd line center to be scoring 30-40 points and 4th line center to chip in 20-30 points bare minimum.

No one ever scrutinizes their games because they're leaders and PK players, but our centers need a shake up.

I'd rather try Lapierre or Higgins than give someone who's never been in the NHL our 2nd line center position. I have a feeling AV disagrees though. And I know Lapierre isn't a 2nd liner, but at least he wouldn't look completely lost out there. Ebbett was pretty awful from what I saw.

I love Lappy, he's my favorite non-Swedish player on the team, but I really think we should give Schroeder a shot, I mean, he's been waiting for this chance ever since we drafted him. If it doesn't work out then we could put Lapierre on the second line, but I really feel that Higgins is more suited for it.

I just dont get it.... why do you guys choose schroeder over lapierre?

I mean, Lapierre played with the Sedins last year and he was able to score a ton of points........

Schroeder has to prove tht he is a 2nd line centremen

Lapierre already did so why dont you guys think tht he is ready for tht role

What the heck guys <_<

One thing I notice is that this team has little "cliques". There should be lines sure but know that this is a team...Sedin's get to try every player out to see who fits this week lol...Kelser and Bieksa are the whiny ones...Burrow and lappy are the grinders with grit and actually who I look forward to every game not the twins not kes..maybe bieksa so to see a scrap...

IMO its not a team yet,,,

He and Malhotra haven't really done anything offensively lately. We need our 3rd line center to be scoring 30-40 points and 4th line center to chip in 20-30 points bare minimum.

No one ever scrutinizes their games because they're leaders and PK players, but our centers need a shake up.

Well Schroeder has more upside, they are hoping he could be a 50-60 point guy someday. Lapierre while a very valuable player hasn't really shown any propensity to turn into an offensive threat. He makes good plays but never quite gets the offensive results. Therefore he is better suited to bottom six. He's had opportunities and has already shown coaches what he can do. Schroeder hasn't gotten the chance yet. Difference is if Schroeder puts up the same type of numbers Lappy does he's probably out of the NHL due to all the other little things Lappy does well.

If we were going into the last 10 games of the season fighting for a playoff spot I have no doubt Lappy would be second line center. However, not an ideal situation for any team if he plays there.

Archived