The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wondering about lines when Kesler & Booth return.

Tom Sestito

Lines after Booth and Kesler return  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Before you vote, please read what I've said [:

Would it be Daniel - Henrik - Burrows like before, and then Kass on the second line with them, or (assuming Kassian puts up points that are exceeding his expectations and the Sedins have the same PPG that they usually average,) would Alain keep Kassian there?

To me it seems like the most logical thing to do if Kassian is playing well and the Sedins are holding their own. Kassian will add his physicality to the line, and be there to help produce when needed, while Burrows will help out a huge load on the second line. I think that that the Canucks are in need of a playmaker on that second line. I'm not saying Burrows is, or that Kesler can't pass, but it'd help a lot because both Booth and Kes' strength is to put the puck in the net. I think Burrows would help that a lot more, and increase the chemistry on that line. I think Kassian would also add a bit of physicality to that first line as well

Go 'Nucks :towel:

Cheers

Depends on how Kassian and Burr are playing. Given Kassian's age/experience I would not expect him to stay there the entire season. I however have no objections to him playing there while Bur shakes off the rust or if he slumps at some point later in the season. Kassian will stay there as long as he deserves to. Just don't be disappointed when that's not likely to be the entire season. If it is well... yippeee!

You forgot two other choices in your poll:

• Maybe

• I don't know

Hard to tell what chemistry will develop between now and when those players come back. We've only had two games to really look at anything and the lines have been shuffled along the way.

Never been a fan of bible thumpin Booth, but if hes back then Id put him with Kesler, even thought he has done nothing to show he has any chemistry with him since hes been a Canuck.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Raymond

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Weise-Kassian

Roll all four lines. I know Weise isnt a typical centre, but try him there and let the 4th line loose. Those 3 on the same line would wreak havoc for opponents.

Raymond, a 2nd, and "insert" or Raymond, and a 1st for Nino Niederreiter (Whatever works with Raymond)

Loungo, Sweatt, and a 2nd for Couturier (Mentioned in another thread) - Philly Buys out Bryz or Trades him to Toronto

Now

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Nino - Couturier - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Wiese - Malhotra - Volpatti

Ebbett

Schroeder

When Healthy

(1) Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

(2a) Booth - Kesler - Burrows

(2b) Nino - Couturier - Kassian

(3) Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Malhotra

Wiese

Volpatti

Ebbett (Wolves)

Schroeder (Wolves)

Not Bad :bigblush:

End of Season...

(1) Buyout Ballard

(2) Get Under Cap

I'm assuming we can get Pavelski or a similar type player for Luongo here:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Pavelski-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Weise

Malhotra

If we cant:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Volpatti-Malhotra-Weise

Vandermeer

Give the rookie a couple of shifts with the Sedins and everyone wants to dump Burr.

Once Burr is game ready (and the 2nd line returns), he will be the permanent fixture with the Sedins.

Sedins Burr

Booth Kes Kassian

Higgy Laps Hansen

Volpatti Maholtra Weise

If Kassian can't play 2nd line, Higgy moves up.

Really hoping we get a good 2nd line player before trade deadline. Kassian is really young and can be very inconsistent. Keep him around so he can float the lines, depending how on his play each game.

It depends how Kassian does with the Sedins for the next while, if he does pretty well with them then I think we should keep him up there and Burrows remains on the 2nd with Booth and Kesler, if Kassian struggles then Burrows will go to his usual spot and Kassian either comes down to the 2nd line or 3rd.

It's not about dumping Burr, it's about trying to find secondary scoring from the 2nd line. Burrows and Kesler have chemistry together previously.

This enables us to spread out the scoring more, protect the twins from cheap shots in a shortened season, and hopefully accelerate Kassian's development

Depends how everyone is playing. Burrows hasn't shown any chemistry with the Sedins since the last half of last season so I think his time there is done. Hansen and Kassian are showing much more chemistry already.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Our top-6 is pretty much set. Our bottom-6 can take a couple of different looks:

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Higgins - Lapierre - Weise

Malhotra

OR

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Weise

Schroeder

I have NO clue who'll come back for Lu so I'm not gonna try to guess, but going with what's here

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (hope this line sticks!)

Booth - Kesler - Hansen (Schroeder could fit on the right, though it depends on how he does in the near future)

(I hesitate to lock Booth into the 2nd line since he and Kes have no chemistry, but he'll need the opportunity to live up to his contract; I put Hansen on the right since SOMEONE needs to pass the puck, plus Jannik has the speed to keep up with them)

Higgins - Lapierre - Burrows

Raymond - Malhotra - Weise

If Schroeder sticks I'd bump Hansen down to the "4th" (though both the 3rd and 4th lines could play as 3rd lines)

I think it will depend on how Schroeder does here. If he does amazing and puts up some points, I could definitely see the coaching staff keeping him up with the Canucks and putting him on the RW with Booth and Kesler. He'd have to be very good though. The Canucks simply have too many forwards to keep Schroeder up unless he proves he can be a regular top 6 contributor in the NHL.

Archived