The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wondering about lines when Kesler & Booth return.

Tom Sestito

Lines after Booth and Kesler return  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Raymond, a 2nd, and "insert" or Raymond, and a 1st for Nino Niederreiter (Whatever works with Raymond)

Loungo, Sweatt, and a 2nd for Couturier (Mentioned in another thread) - Philly Buys out Bryz or Trades him to Toronto

Now

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Nino - Couturier - Kassian

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Wiese - Malhotra - Volpatti

Ebbett

Schroeder

When Healthy

(1) Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

(2a) Booth - Kesler - Burrows

(2b) Nino - Couturier - Kassian

(3) Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Malhotra

Wiese

Volpatti

Ebbett (Wolves)

Schroeder (Wolves)

Not Bad :bigblush:

End of Season...

(1) Buyout Ballard

(2) Get Under Cap

After how they've been playing of late (can you say DEPTH?)

Dan - Hank - Kassian (KEEP THIS LINE)

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen (they've worked before, 3 speedy two-way demons who can score)

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth (Ray - Shray has worked well; Booth also has speed, plus he's physical and Shray can set him up)

Higgins - Malhotra - Weise (surprised Higgins regressed of late; this line has offensive potential though)

Volpatti (he's played well, just that with the regulars back someone has to go and unfortunately it's him)

After how they've been playing of late (can you say DEPTH?)

Dan - Hank - Kassian (KEEP THIS LINE)

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen (they've worked before, 3 speedy two-way demons who can score)

Raymond - Schroeder - Booth (Ray - Shray has worked well; Booth also has speed, plus he's physical and Shray can set him up)

Higgins - Malhotra - Weise (surprised Higgins regressed of late; this line has offensive potential though)

Volpatti (he's played well, just that with the regulars back someone has to go and unfortunately it's him)

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Hansen

Raymond - Schroeder - Burrows

Higgins - Lappiere - Weise

Malhotra/Volpatti

That's what I'd like to see tried first. Three very capable scoring lines with size and grit throughout even the fourth should be able to get some points. Our depth is insane when everyone is healthy especially with Kassian and Schroeder looking great so far.

I like that Kassian is a monster physically, and it seems after 2-3 games he's much better at standing up for the line, whereas Burr is good at getting under people's skin but nobody is really afraid of him (except maybe Bergeron's finger).

I hope he can keep it up so that the top-12 is:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Booth

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Lapierre

Weise, Ebbett

Of course, that line-up doesn't incl. Raymond. Talk about depth! I'm hoping Raymond will be traded for a veteran C around the trade deadline and Schroeder sent down until playoff depth is needed.

I think the kesler booth experiment has ended. Kesler last year brought the 2nd line down with his wrecking ball no pass mentality. booth and raymond need a setup guy. schroeder provides that. These should be the lines when he gets back

sedin sedin kass

higgins kesler burrows

booth schroeder raymond

volpatty lappy weise

eddy mr garrison

hammer boom boom

ballard tanev

Forwards:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian (seriously, Kassian will do to other teams what Dustin Byfuglien did to us for two years)

Booth-Kesler-Raymond (pure speed. Everyone on this line is eager to have a memorable comeback from injury. Look out league)

Higgins-Lapierre-Burrows (this line will just piss teams off. Corey Perry will cry himself to sleep for weeks)

Volpatti-Malhotra-Hansen (substitute Wiese, Ebbett and/or Schroeder as you please on this line)

Bottom Line: With a healthy Booth and Kesler, and Raymond and Kassian playing as well as they have the last two games, Alain Vigneault can do whatever the hell he wants and still get it right. What a team - I'm in love.

Defensemen:

Edler-Garrison (Alex Edler is fast eclipsing Bieksa as our best D-man. What a beast. And I love Garrison. These two guys can skate like nobody's business)

Bieksa-Hamhuis (Bieksa = awesome. Hamhuis has had a rough couple of games, IMO, but this pair has good chemistry and should stay together)

Tanev-Ballard (Tanev is one smart kid. Ballard is just... cool)

Schneids is our man. 'Nuff said. Bobby Lu can play as much as he wants in the regular season, but in the playoffs, we're riding Schneider all the way to the Cup. Go Canucks Go!

My ideal line up:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Higgins Burrows Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Malhotra/Ebbet

Weise/Raymond

This is assuming that Schroeder keeps playing well and Burrows fits as a center. I think the second line needs a set up guy badly and Schroeder could be that guy. This leaves out Raymond though, who is playing better as of late, but he doesn't seem to click with Kesler/Booth but who knows I could be wrong. I honestly think MG should trade Raymond.

3rd line would be an excellent checking/offensive 3rd line. 4th line would be very versatile as well.

Not having to trade for a top 6 gives us so many options now....

Sedins, Kass

Amex Line again - Played great until the injuries occurred and never had a chance to really recover

Burr/Schroeds/Hansen

Mayray/Lappy/Patti

With the amount of depth we have now (with Booth/Kes returning) I wonder if Pini will find a spot?

I'm thinking that we might be better off trading for prospects and picks or a serious top 4 D?

AV is a genius...so far, his plan is coming together! Mayray and Ballard are both increasing their value :) Lou...will always be considered a #1 goalie :) All 3 need to be traded for the cap next season and it's nice knowing that we can get something in return....

I love how some of you have Raymond as a substitute ahead of Weise even though he is tied as our leading goal scoring with Kassian. Can't make some people happy I guess.

I was going to put these lines:

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Raymond-Schroeder-Hansen

Higgins-Malhotra-Lapierre

Volpatti

Ebbett

Archived