The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Vancouver-Carolina

To Vancouver: Alex Semin, Cam Ward To Carolina: Mason Raymond, Eddie Lack Keith Ballard, 7th Round Pick. Vancouver Does this because we could use Semin on our fourth line to add some grit and size, not to mention his fighting ability would help protect guys like Kassian and Lapierre, we could also use Cam Ward down in Chicago as the wolves backup. We also do this because, although Raymond's incredible speed creates gorgeous chances, he is saying he is tired of being here, we trade Ballard because he is not a good fit in our lineup, but will likely return to his old all star ways in the new scenery of Carolina, we add Eddie lack because we have too many great goalies on the team already with Lu and Schneids, and although Lack has the least amount of goals against in the NHL, he is mad that he is stuck behind one guy who let in 5 goals against Anaheim, and another goalie who single handedly lost us the cup a few years back. Carolina does this because they need someone to compete with Dan Ellis with the starting position, as Cam Ward is not even cut out for being a back up in the NHL, I mean his pads are old and aren't looking as nice as they could. They are also desparate for a first line winger, they have almost no offensive talent, they are relying too heavily on Chad LaRose and Jiri Tlusty to produce points, which would be a lot easier for them if they didn't have to deal with Semin playing, and it would be easier to score with a guy like Raymond, who once scored 25 goals in a single season! Imagine if he could do that again this year with LaRose and Tlusty?! All in all, this is a good trade for both teams, we add toughness and some goaltending depth, and Carolina adds a high profile goal scorer, a highly sought after d-man who has the defensive skills similar to Larry Robinson and Nick Lidstrom, they also get a Henrik Lundqvist-like goalie in Lack.

In this "joke" I was simply intending to show how ridiculous other people are, as I have seen other serious proposals similar to this, though not quite as extreme. Many of the members of the CDC over value and under value all of our roster and its ridiculous. Obviously this wasn't serious, nor was it meant to troll. I just can't believe people thinking that a straight up trade of Luongo for Stephen Weiss is a solid move in our part. Luongo led the Canucks to a cup final, and won gold with team Canada, the guy deserves more credit, also people under value Ballard, who although isn't the best d-man on our roster, is still a solid guy to have on any team.

I just need to break this down

Ward and Semin for Luongo, Raymond, Lack, Ballard and a 7th.

And then send Ward thru waivers to back up Climie.

Froggy Fresh was wrong.. it is pretty funny.

Plus this:

t, they are relying too heavily on Chad LaRose and Jiri Tlusty to produce points, which would be a lot easier for them if they didn't have to deal with Semin playing,

In this "joke" I was simply intending to show how ridiculous other people are, as I have seen other serious proposals similar to this, though not quite as extreme. Many of the members of the CDC over value and under value all of our roster and its ridiculous. Obviously this wasn't serious, nor was it meant to troll. I just can't believe people thinking that a straight up trade of Luongo for Stephen Weiss is a solid move in our part. Luongo led the Canucks to a cup final, and won gold with team Canada, the guy deserves more credit, also people under value Ballard, who although isn't the best d-man on our roster, is still a solid guy to have on any team.

Archived