12 replies to this topic

#1 JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

To Vancouver: Alex Semin, Cam Ward To Carolina: Mason Raymond, Eddie Lack Keith Ballard, 7th Round Pick. Vancouver Does this because we could use Semin on our fourth line to add some grit and size, not to mention his fighting ability would help protect guys like Kassian and Lapierre, we could also use Cam Ward down in Chicago as the wolves backup. We also do this because, although Raymond's incredible speed creates gorgeous chances, he is saying he is tired of being here, we trade Ballard because he is not a good fit in our lineup, but will likely return to his old all star ways in the new scenery of Carolina, we add Eddie lack because we have too many great goalies on the team already with Lu and Schneids, and although Lack has the least amount of goals against in the NHL, he is mad that he is stuck behind one guy who let in 5 goals against Anaheim, and another goalie who single handedly lost us the cup a few years back. Carolina does this because they need someone to compete with Dan Ellis with the starting position, as Cam Ward is not even cut out for being a back up in the NHL, I mean his pads are old and aren't looking as nice as they could. They are also desparate for a first line winger, they have almost no offensive talent, they are relying too heavily on Chad LaRose and Jiri Tlusty to produce points, which would be a lot easier for them if they didn't have to deal with Semin playing, and it would be easier to score with a guy like Raymond, who once scored 25 goals in a single season! Imagine if he could do that again this year with LaRose and Tlusty?! All in all, this is a good trade for both teams, we add toughness and some goaltending depth, and Carolina adds a high profile goal scorer, a highly sought after d-man who has the defensive skills similar to Larry Robinson and Nick Lidstrom, they also get a Henrik Lundqvist-like goalie in Lack.

Edited by JJ_The_Hockey_Fan, 22 January 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#2 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,217 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:45 PM

Not sure if serious

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#3 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Posted Image

That wasn't even funny.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#4 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm not even sure how to read that...
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

........what did I just read.

#6 AriGold

AriGold

Hairy Old

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,963 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

........what did I just read.

Holy crap, you just read that ??? Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:09 PM

:picard: all that needs to be said

#8 JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

In this "joke" I was simply intending to show how ridiculous other people are, as I have seen other serious proposals similar to this, though not quite as extreme. Many of the members of the CDC over value and under value all of our roster and its ridiculous. Obviously this wasn't serious, nor was it meant to troll. I just can't believe people thinking that a straight up trade of Luongo for Stephen Weiss is a solid move in our part. Luongo led the Canucks to a cup final, and won gold with team Canada, the guy deserves more credit, also people under value Ballard, who although isn't the best d-man on our roster, is still a solid guy to have on any team.

#9 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

And he actaully typed a paragraph why the teams would both do the trade hhahahahahahhahahah

Edited by Olson22, 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM.

Posted Image
Drouin#27 Halifax Mooseheads Star

Credit to Canucks Top Scorer

#10 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,199 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I just need to break this down

Ward and Semin for Luongo, Raymond, Lack, Ballard and a 7th.

And then send Ward thru waivers to back up Climie.

Froggy Fresh was wrong.. it is pretty funny.

Plus this:

t, they are relying too heavily on Chad LaRose and Jiri Tlusty to produce points, which would be a lot easier for them if they didn't have to deal with Semin playing,

#11 JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

And he actaully typed a paragraph why the teams would both do the trade hhahahahahahhahahah

Haha yes I did, I thought how can I make this worse than the actual proposal? The paragraph only took me about 5 minutes so sorry if it's not as good as it could be :P

#12 JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

JJ_The_Hockey_Fan

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

I just need to break this down

Ward and Semin for Luongo, Raymond, Lack, Ballard and a 7th.

And then send Ward thru waivers to back up Climie.

Froggy Fresh was wrong.. it is pretty funny.

Plus this:

Thank you! In all seriousness I love the Canucks and follow the NHL religiously, I just wanted to make a ridiculous proposal for once

#13 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

In this "joke" I was simply intending to show how ridiculous other people are, as I have seen other serious proposals similar to this, though not quite as extreme. Many of the members of the CDC over value and under value all of our roster and its ridiculous. Obviously this wasn't serious, nor was it meant to troll. I just can't believe people thinking that a straight up trade of Luongo for Stephen Weiss is a solid move in our part. Luongo led the Canucks to a cup final, and won gold with team Canada, the guy deserves more credit, also people under value Ballard, who although isn't the best d-man on our roster, is still a solid guy to have on any team.

Alright, so you're not borderline retarded.

I agree with mostly everything you said in this post. Luongo deserves way more credit than he gets. He's the greatest goalie we've ever had and he's getting treated like garbage by the fans. If Ballard wasn't paid as much as he was, he would get the hate that he gets. He's a decent defenseman.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.