The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

goaltending controversy or bad coaching?

pbcpanel

Im glad I am not a Kings fan right now, I cant imagine what they are thinking...the team that was supposed to repeat.. Its no wonder people hate Canucks fans...everyone is up and down with this team.

When we trade Luongo, there are going to be like 100 threads on that, and 50% on this forum will be unhappy. No matter what Gillis does, or what AV does. This team is doomed for failure. ...some people know nothing about hockey but think they know everything.

If half of you guys were alive when the Canucks really did suck...you wouldnt be complaining so much. HA HA HA

Two of the best goalies in the league playing back to back games....what coach in the world wouldn't split the starts???

The goalie controversely is so overplayed by the press and then fans keep parroting it. So much goes back to Burke's "goalie graveyard" comment which was made not to accurately describe Vancouver but to distract fans and press from the real issues at the time. People loved the phrase, so somehow it became true.

lu always starts slow, maybe cory does to....take a valum and let the pro's make the decisions and play the games..no wonder people question the hockey knowledge of canuck fans..after every loss, some people want the GM, coaches and owners changed and players traded...ignorant.

I've never liked AV as coach.

He won the Jack Adams because of Luongo. We couldn't score if our lives depended on it. We played boring trap hockey because he didn't have good enough players, to play any other style.

Look at our cup run.

Chicago series his game plan went to crap as soon as Bolland got in the lineup and we just edged them out with a knuckle puck.

Nashville series they completely outplayed us. Thankfully Kelser played better then their whole team.

San Jose series was probably the closest series.

Boston series was a joke. When your plan is to stop playing 5on5 and just play to get on the power play, the plan is crap. Especially when it's obviously not working.

Kinda makes me wish he never separated Kesler and Burrows that in turn saved his job.

I've never been a fan of AV, I've never seen an elite team lose so many leads over the years or show up for so many games unprepared.

His tactic of not talking to his "veteran group" works really well. Maybe every coach should try that awesome idea.

Yeah he won the Jack Adams and took us to game 7 but look at the team we had..... It wasn't no team like the Oilers when they were full of plugs and made it to the finals.

If he takes us far into the playoffs this year I will be impressed because I think were headed for another first round exit, but we'll see.

And to answer your question I don't really seem to remember winning any games where our goalies played bad.

:lol: Plus one response sir!

C'mon OP; AV is a good coach and Schneider ain't going to let one bad game (is that his first in 3 years here?) get to him. He played great and still had to sit and stew behind Lou for years. He'll be fine!

Letting Lou have a bit of a roll, seein as he's here for the moment if he won the Edmonton game would not have been a bad thing at all...

I understand Ron Wilson is available.

regards,

G.

Yeah...goalies can't stop shots. Damn, must be AV's fault. If anyone is to blame for whatever controversy there is it's Gillis.

And seriously...some of you really need to reconsider before referring to the Canucks repeatedly as an "elite team". They've been a better than average team with elite goalies, the Sedins, and a bunch of guys who for the most part bought into a system, but are far from elite.

For years I've been saying this teams success has been because of goaltending and not coaching. When has this team ever won a game where Lui or Schnieder have a bad game? Everyone was saying Schneider should have started Sunday and given a vote of confidence but no AV goes the opposite route and plays Lui which adds more fire to the goaltending controversy. What if Lui won? Imagine how that would have played out in the media. Schneiders confidence is already shakey. This team will only go as far as goaltending will take them. It sure won't be coaching.,

Or: The Canucks have by far the best goalie tandem in the league (on paper) and, in a short season, can use that to their advantage. I hope they play the two of them back-to-back all year.

Only in Vancouver can a fan be worried "What if Lui had won?" That's what he gets paid to do! Are you serious? His job isn't to go out on the ice and make Schneider look better. The team needs wins, and I don't care if they get them from Schneider, Lu, or Tommy frickin' Santala.

Archived