Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

goaltending controversy or bad coaching?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
34 replies to this topic

#31 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Yeah...goalies can't stop shots. Damn, must be AV's fault. If anyone is to blame for whatever controversy there is it's Gillis.

And seriously...some of you really need to reconsider before referring to the Canucks repeatedly as an "elite team". They've been a better than average team with elite goalies, the Sedins, and a bunch of guys who for the most part bought into a system, but are far from elite.

#32 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

For years I've been saying this teams success has been because of goaltending and not coaching. When has this team ever won a game where Lui or Schnieder have a bad game? Everyone was saying Schneider should have started Sunday and given a vote of confidence but no AV goes the opposite route and plays Lui which adds more fire to the goaltending controversy. What if Lui won? Imagine how that would have played out in the media. Schneiders confidence is already shakey. This team will only go as far as goaltending will take them. It sure won't be coaching.,

His plan was always to play Lou in the 2nd game of the back to back. Even if Lou had one that game (in which he played quite well in) Cory still would be starting tonight. Are you seriously trying to blame AV because Schnieder had a bad game? Get over it. Stop listening to the media.

#33 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,529 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

If Lu had won that game great, 2 points. He didn't and now Schneider gets to come in and be the hero against calgary. where is the problem?

#34 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,646 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Yeah he Luongo won the Jack Adams and took us to game 7 but look at the team we had..... It wasn't no team like the Oilers when they were full of plugs and made it to the finals.

Not a fan of AV either, should have been fired at the end of last year IMO, never seen a team show up unmotivated and unprepared for so many big games.

When you see the job that Deboer and Sutter did to there teams (where I actually think they were a HUGE key to each teams success) you wonder why we can't just let AV go and bring someone like that in.

AV just has got to go, I like him personally but too many failures over and over again and he hasn't been able to adjust.

zackass.png

#35 geebster

geebster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Or: The Canucks have by far the best goalie tandem in the league (on paper) and, in a short season, can use that to their advantage. I hope they play the two of them back-to-back all year.

Only in Vancouver can a fan be worried "What if Lui had won?" That's what he gets paid to do! Are you serious? His job isn't to go out on the ice and make Schneider look better. The team needs wins, and I don't care if they get them from Schneider, Lu, or Tommy frickin' Santala.

I was with you til you invoked Tommy Santala....I hate that guy....

But yea +1

What if Lou had won? The TEAM that these fans are supposedly cheering for would have won, which is what we are supposed to want.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.