The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

West Coast Express 2.0

DhillonCanuck

Brendan Morrison is and always has been twice the player that Schroeder is. He absolutely dominated in college each year, becoming a a 2 points per game player by his senior year.

Then, in his rookie AHL season, he tore it up as well. Trying to compare the two players is silly.

However, you could make some comparisons between Bertuzzi and Kassian, yet alot of that is hope.

What is ironic, is that if you compare the careers since 17 years old up until 22, you won't see alot of difference in production between Schroeder and Andrew Ebbett. Ebbett got lucky the same year that Schroeder is in now. He got paired with Getzlaf and Perry, and put up some decent 2nd liner numbers. As soon as Anaheim got a "real" center, he went back to the AHL where he belonged.

I see no reason why Schroeder will fare any better than Ebbett in the here and now, nor in the future. The similarities between the 2 of them is eery.

All in all, nobody knows how Schroeder will produce, right now it's a huge gamble. Maybe somebody flips a switch and his "progression" absolutely changes over night. But based on what he's done since being drafted, I see nothing more than a 13th forward role for Schroeder.

Brendan Morrison is and always has been twice the player that Schroeder is. He absolutely dominated in college each year, becoming a a 2 points per game player by his senior year.

Then, in his rookie AHL season, he tore it up as well. Trying to compare the two players is silly.

However, you could make some comparisons between Bertuzzi and Kassian, yet alot of that is hope.

What is ironic, is that if you compare the careers since 17 years old up until 22, you won't see alot of difference in production between Schroeder and Andrew Ebbett. Ebbett got lucky the same year that Schroeder is in now. He got paired with Getzlaf and Perry, and put up some decent 2nd liner numbers. As soon as Anaheim got a "real" center, he went back to the AHL where he belonged.

I see no reason why Schroeder will fare any better than Ebbett in the here and now, nor in the future. The similarities between the 2 of them is eery.

All in all, nobody knows how Schroeder will produce, right now it's a huge gamble. Maybe somebody flips a switch and his "progression" absolutely changes over night. But based on what he's done since being drafted, I see nothing more than a 13th forward role for Schroeder.

Archived