42 replies to this topic

#31 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,662 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:31 AM

There're Nicklas Jensen's first 8 goals in the SEL (Now has 15). His wrister is definitely reminiscent of Naslund.

All I know is, I really want to see a Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian line during the next pre-season at least.

Edited by Hansen 36, 23 January 2013 - 02:32 AM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#32 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

hey remember when byron bitz got a bucket full of points playing with the sedins for a few games? how come no one said he was the next bertuzzi like kassian? oh thats right your all trying to make that trade look good in your heads.... hodgson wanted more ice time when that didnt happen he wanted out now we are going to give kassian all the ice time cody wanted and also play him with the sedins to inflate his numbers so these blind fans can say its a good trade.

Why does every thread have to turn into Kassian vs Hodgson.

People like you are just trying to make the trade look worse in your own minds by purposely forgetting about all the potential and skills Kassian has.

We are playing Kassian with the Sedins and on these lines because he fits there, Cody did not, who would you rather have with the Twins? Kassian or Cody? I'm taking Zack. Cody just doesn't fit there and he had been given opportunities to play on the 2nd line in his time here (10 pre-season) but couldn't hack it.

we were patient with him and but all our time and resources into developing him and he ended up not wanting to be here, looking back you can understand why, if he couldn't play on the Wing he would be wasting alot of his prime years as a 3rd line center & he is capable of more, so we moved him for a players that fills a huge need with our organization and a kid who high upside just like Cody.

When you haters see Zack play a game like he did against Edmonton I don't know how you can continue not to like what you see, I love it, the more time passes I only start liking the deal more and more.

zackass.png

#33 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:29 AM

I don't doubt any of the potential from these guys but that just all it is right now, potential. Lets let them build their own future without holding them back to the past.

Hells Yeah!

hey remember when byron bitz got a bucket full of points playing with the sedins for a few games? how come no one said he was the next bertuzzi like kassian?

oh plenty of people did, they just lost interest quickly, on to the next thing..

Tomorrow is going to be exciting. Finally get to see if he's the real deal, or if he gets dominated physically by the opposition.

Tomorrow is just one game for Schroeder, leave it at that.

#34 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:41 AM

hey remember when byron bitz got a bucket full of points playing with the sedins for a few games? how come no one said he was the next bertuzzi like kassian? oh thats right your all trying to make that trade look good in your heads.... hodgson wanted more ice time when that didnt happen he wanted out now we are going to give kassian all the ice time cody wanted and also play him with the sedins to inflate his numbers so these blind fans can say its a good trade. shroeder jensen kassian = kayria bulis isbister

Staying up pretty late for someone who has school in the morning.

I wonder when the day will come that a thread can complete a life cycle without some fan boi going off about Hodgson. Take the poster down from your bedroom wall. He's long gone.
Posted Image

#35 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,492 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

They are different players you meatballs.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#36 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,735 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

A lot of people are terrible at reading comprehension.

Jensen's play style is similar to Naslund's. Flashy, european snipers with speed. Jensen will never be at the level of Naslund's prime.

Schroeder's play style is similar to Morrison's. Short and fast centres who are defensively responsible, with underrated playmaking ability. Nobody is saying that JS will meet Morrison's level (60-70 points in his prime)

Kassian's play style is similar to Bertuzzi's. Big bodied powerforwards who can play undisiplined at times, both with soft hands and good skating ability. Kassian's not a clone, and in all likelyhood won't ever be a PPG player like Big Bert was.

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#37 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:58 AM

I personally think it disrepects the current players to make comparisons to past lines/players like this. They have their own talents and styles and there really is no need to force a comparison like this.

#38 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

Imagine if we were not so lacking in vision to have let ROME become a Star... :rolleyes: :bigblush: :rolleyes: An enigma?

But more seriously to the question;

Absolutely Jensen / Kesler / Kassian which could also be the NHL's most physically dominating top line?

In Morrison's best year he scored 25 goals and 71 points, with Bert and Nazzy who had 201 points / 94 goals to drive the WCE! Morrison was to Bert and Nazzy what Burrows is to the Twins; the best also rans who do the dirty work to let the top dogs do their thing. Kess put up 75 points in 09/10 playing with frackin Raymond and Samuelsson for god sakes? Then 41 goals and 73 when he got some PP time with the Twins. 75 and 73 point top seasons as a SECOND line centre with inferior players. Then add the being a beastly physical body being nominated for the Selke three times. Kesler easily tops any discussion about Morrison.

C'mon people; put your best players out on the ice??? :frantic:

edit; you know what Shroeder could become that was better than Morrison? Cliff Ronning! A speedy and nifty play maker; might even have the potential to be a bit more physical or pot a couple extra goals!!!

Edited by Canuck Surfer, 23 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#39 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Weise = Naslund

The Dutch League Superstar to the rescue :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#40 GarthButcher5

GarthButcher5

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

I think the WCE is too recent, go back one more decade to Linden, Adams and Ronning and it may be easier to make these comparisons based on skill but definately not on heart.

#41 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

Naslund - Morrison - Bertuzzi

=

Jensen - Schroeder - Kassian

Posted Image

#42 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,332 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows was far better than the WCE.

??? :huh:

In 3 the years from 2001-2004 the WCE put up 701 points

Bert 242, Nazzy 278, and Mo 181

They averaged 80, 93, and 60 pts each respectively over that time.

While you can argue that the Sedins with Burrows have approached those types of number recently (since about 2010), you have to take into account that Morrison was the defensive presence on that line and was not expected to score so much as to hang back and cover the door. He averaged 60 pts despite that role.

Burrows doesn't have the same role. He's expected to produce on that line.

It's hard to really compare these kinds of things as we are also talking about different eras.

IMO though the WCE is the best purely talented line we've ever had here. As short lived as it was.
The one reason I think that they were so successful is that they were wholly unpredictable. In that way they are very much UNlike the Sedins and the way they approach the game.

Both amazing lines, but I'm going with WCE.

Who's next? With this organization who knows.... Jensen seems to be a popular pick and I think he's going to be a helluva player for us. He is a *pure goal scorer which is something we haven't had here for a long time. (yes I include Daniel here)

Maybe some of the Schroeders or Jensens will surprise us, or maybe we'll see another massive 7 player deal like Quinn pulled off to send us to the Finals.
I really don't care, Just get it DONE for once.

#43 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

bert =/= weise
mo =/= schroeder
nazzy =/= raymond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.