The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL Broadcaster!

Hey CDC,

I'm a 16 year old kid going for a career in NHL Broadcasting. Can you guys help me out? Please? Follow me on twitter @TylerLawsonNHL and subscribe to my youtube www.youtube.com/user/LawsonNHLNews

I am currently uploading my first podcast. I will be discussing about the Roberto Luongo Sega and a possible destination for the Nino situation out in New York!

Thanks

I've seriously looked into it, you will probably have to start even lower than CHL. Probably a local college team, or perhaps a league along the lines of the BCHL and work your way up like that. It's a very, very, VERY competitive business and I wish you luck.

Although, not too much luck because I'm looking into this line of work too..

I've seriously looked into it, you will probably have to start even lower than CHL. Probably a local college team, or perhaps a league along the lines of the BCHL and work your way up like that. It's a very, very, VERY competitive business and I wish you luck.

Although, not too much luck because I'm looking into this line of work too..

INTERNSHIPS!

Look into it. Youll have to hold down a job/school while you do it, and youll have to do a lot of hard work for NO PAY. but if you can intern with your local teams or even with the NHL, you can get in and see what is what while building up rapport.

Write letters/talk to people who do what you want to do and find out how THEY did it.

Good luck guys!

Archived