Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

NHL Broadcaster!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

#1 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hey CDC,

I'm a 16 year old kid going for a career in NHL Broadcasting. Can you guys help me out? Please? Follow me on twitter @TylerLawsonNHL and subscribe to my youtube www.youtube.com/user/LawsonNHLNews

I am currently uploading my first podcast. I will be discussing about the Roberto Luongo Sega and a possible destination for the Nino situation out in New York!

Thanks

Edited by CanucksHockey11, 22 January 2013 - 07:28 PM.

#2 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

No

Posted Image

#3 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

I wanted to take you seriously, because that's also what I'm interested in, but then I saw you used the words "persuading a career".

Bad, bad work Mr. Starbuck.

/=S=/

#4 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

You need to go to school for that or make the nhl and retire.

3ab53391304f614b13c048696ff0cb49.jpg?ito

#5 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

I also am interested in being a sports broadcaster but you should work on your punctuation, grammar, and spelling first.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#6 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

You need to go to school for that or make the nhl and retire.

I know I am going to go to BCIT after i graduate high school. I just want to get some practice in now.

#7 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I know I am going to go to BCIT after i graduate high school. I just want to get some practice in now.

I thought about going to BCIT myself after graduating high school but it's much better if you actually studied journalism in a university before doing practical things. Yes, BCIT offers hands-on experience but at the same time, you're only earning a diploma, which doesn't hold much value as a bachelor's degree. I don't wanna try and determine your future but if you wanna go to BCIT, be my guest. I've heard it's a great program there and they have a good co-op program.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#8 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

I also am interested in being a sports broadcaster but you should work on your punctuation, grammar, and spelling first.

lol When i post my blogs and stuff i will but for making quick posts i don't focus on grammar.

Edited by CanucksHockey11, 22 January 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#9 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Well good luck, but dont be surprised if it takes you 5- 10 years to be a broadcaster for a Major Junior League though because that work force is competitive.

#10 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

Well good luck, but dont be surprised if it takes you 5- 10 years to be a broadcaster for a Major Junior League though because that work force is competitive.

Yeah, I wanna start with a team associated with the CHL

#11 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Your not going to start with a chl team. I'll probably more like junior b radio broadcasting than junior a and than CHL.
You gotta work your way up. ::D

#12 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

I've seriously looked into it, you will probably have to start even lower than CHL. Probably a local college team, or perhaps a league along the lines of the BCHL and work your way up like that. It's a very, very, VERY competitive business and I wish you luck.

Although, not too much luck because I'm looking into this line of work too..

/=S=/

#13 CanucksHockey11

CanucksHockey11

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:47 PM

I've seriously looked into it, you will probably have to start even lower than CHL. Probably a local college team, or perhaps a league along the lines of the BCHL and work your way up like that. It's a very, very, VERY competitive business and I wish you luck.

LOL! Good luck!

#14 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I guess it's us three huh? Well is it broadcasting as in what people do on TSN? Or play by play? Cuz I'm hoping my final destination is TSN and work with James Duthie. I'm sure I'll get a good word in from him cuz I met him in the summer :)

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#15 Patrick Jane

Patrick Jane

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

I guess it's us three huh? Well is it broadcasting as in what people do on TSN? Or play by play? Cuz I'm hoping my final destination is TSN and work with James Duthie. I'm sure I'll get a good word in from him cuz I met him in the summer :)

Are you talking about NHL on TSN or just doing Sports Centre

#16 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

lol When i post my blogs and stuff i will but for making quick posts i don't focus on grammar.

It's never too early to start developing good habits. Focusing on it now will get you started on developing it and then when you actually need to write properly, in your blogs and whatnot, it'll come much more naturally.

#17 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

Are you talking about NHL on TSN or just doing Sports Centre

Both.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#18 Oregon Canucky

Oregon Canucky

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

INTERNSHIPS!

Look into it. Youll have to hold down a job/school while you do it, and youll have to do a lot of hard work for NO PAY. but if you can intern with your local teams or even with the NHL, you can get in and see what is what while building up rapport.

Write letters/talk to people who do what you want to do and find out how THEY did it.

Good luck guys!
Posted Image

Portland Oregon: The first U.S. city to play for the Stanley Cup!

#19 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Lol, mute your tv and do your own play by play. Sounds cheezy, but it gets fun. Work on your "scoooooorrrreeesss" voice, or wait till puberty passes

Posted Image

#20 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Lol, mute your tv and do your own play by play. Sounds cheezy, but it gets fun. Work on your "scoooooorrrreeesss" voice, or wait till puberty passes

I think he wants to be a broadcaster, as in someone who reports on sports news. Not a play by play.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#21 Dittohead

Dittohead

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,212 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

problem with broadcasting is once they get a job they never leave and there's only a few positions open. become a lawyer instead.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.