The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Eager out with concussion from Kassian Fight (confirmed)

Jinx_RK17

One of the reasons why I don't understand how fighting is condoned by the NHL.

If you give a guy a concussion during normal play - chances are you would get a suspension.

If you want to fight - no problem - each of you go off for 5 minutes so we don't really penalize the teams.

Hockey is like the only non fighting based sport where you don't get ejected from the game for fighting.

I don't understand the mentality towards Eager "I don't want to see anyone get hurt." He's a big boy and plays this game with the intent to hurt others so I say, WAY TO GO BADKASSIAN!! Karma is a you know what and that was the highlight of that game IMO. Kassian is going to be a beast power forward in this league. Concussing Eager is quite a feat and something that others will be watching for when they play against us. I say play him with the Sedins, no one will mess with them then. Two games in and Kass is showing some great signs. I might get flamed for saying this, but that fight won us the trade.

If you give a guy a concussion during normal play - chances are you would get a suspension.

If you want to fight - no problem - each of you go off for 5 minutes so we don't really penalize the teams.

Hockey is like the only non fighting based sport where you don't get ejected from the game for fighting.

He fully deserves it for trying to give people concussions on a regular basis. Ive had several and really don't wish them upon anybody but if anyone has to be the next one im glad its a dips**t like eager. especially because it happened to him during a fight, his bread and butter.. Hope he's embarrassed.

The worst part is concussions are a hot topic, as is fighting, so this doesn't help the argument we need fighting in hockey to keep the concussion rate down.

I guess you live by the sword, you die by the sword. As much of a DB that Eager is, I hope he won't suffer any long term affects. With all the high profile suicides due to symptoms from sports related brain injuries, I find it hard to cheer when anyone gets a concussion.

Who said nobody gets injured in hockey fights?

What makes me really happy is that if you look at instance where Eager got that dirty hit on Danny a couple years ago not a single person stood up or even touched Eager. Nothing. ZERO response. It was the biggest upset for me from this amazing hockey team of ours. We had no backbone. We took the beatings and did nothing about it. Look at Marchands hit on Salo or his punches to Dannys face in the playoffs.

To see someone take another run at Danny but this time have a bigger, stronger and fed up team stick up for each other and make em really reconsider if being a scumbag to a teams star players is worth getting your ass beat into a concussion. I have a lot of doubts in Kassian and thats just my opinion thus far but his will to stand up against the oppression and give this team some back bone has really gained some respect points from me. This will hopefully send a message to any goon out there. Touch our stars, you'll be seeing stars.

I loved it as much as anybody, but I hope this doesn't make him a target for Eager and other knuckledraggers, I think Kassian is a legit long-term power forward and I don't want him getting dragged down or injured by the goons. Kass, hit hard, skate hard and score, that's what the nucks need from you. Keep the fights to a minimum.

I liked when kassian threw his arms up after the scrap trying to get the fans to wake up and get in the game. Not everyone can go to the games, which means if your threre its your job to cheer on the canucks!

Archived