The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Eager out with concussion from Kassian Fight (confirmed)

Jinx_RK17

no kidding, politically correct kumbaya types make me laugh.

i dont think its un-reasonable to want to see Kassian cleanly catch Keith with his head down and have him leave on a stretcher

after what he did last year to our organization.

I am not one that wants kass to take out revenge on anyone for something that happened last season.

There is no way he will ever get to go toe to toe with Keith, marchand (sp) etc they will never step up against him, and i don't want him to get a suspension for jumping a player.

but if he could ever catch them with there head down.... i might be happy.

as for fighting Eager i am glad he did but i also wish Vandy was in the lineup so he could have done it.

but at least Kass will get some legit tough guy Cred.

Having a healthy Kassian, Volpatti, and Vandermeer (sp) will be and essential part of a good cup run.

I hope for great things but i do not want to see Kass fighting ever other night.

edit: plus kass is still just a kid wait a couple years and he will be a monster out there.

guys like eager will think twice (if they are even able to think once.) before trying anything dirty.

Kass can still gain a lot of weight in the next few years , 20-30lbs by the time he is 25-26 is not unrealistic

What exactly did he do last year to "our organization"? Check a Sedin? Heavens! Quick, "Bertuzzi" him!

To all you people gloating that a Canuck injured another player by starting a fight with him I say that the karma fairy has a nasty way of getting even with such sentiments. I love Kass as much as anyone and was delighted to see him tune up Eager but gloating over his getting a concussion is so typical of the whiny classless attitudes of some fans here. Let's hope the karma fairy isn't listening.

Who are all these people saying "I wouldn't wish a concussion on anyone, poor Eager". If I was on the ice during that hit on Daniel/punch on Colby I would have nearly killed the guy. Concussion would be the least of his worries. That is so incredibly beyond something you do in a game and this guy does it over and over. If someone went knee on knee on Eager, I'd send the guy chocolates and flowers. Same goes for Marchand. The only way these guys stop getting away with their crap is when players start sending them to the hospital for their actions.

Archived