Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ben Eager out with concussion from Kassian Fight (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#61 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,242 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

The Gordie Howe hattrick will live forever.

Fighting is tradition.

Like dueling? Oh...but wait - that is the purpose of it - to fight someone else. Just like boxing.
The purpose of hockey is not fighting - it's to out score the other team.

How about Geisha girls, or human sacrificing? Those were traditions as well.

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#62 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,242 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Because being driven into the boards from behind isn't consentual whereas facing the guy and fighting is. Its like rape vs rough sex.

It's still a concussion and the NHL is supposed to do everything it can to protect players from getting one.

See the contradiction?

Edit: and don't compare rape. bad analogy...

Edited by Heretic, 23 January 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#63 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Reminds me of a school yard bully who finally picked on the wrong guy and got his ass handed to him.

#64 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:44 PM

Because being driven into the boards from behind isn't consentual whereas facing the guy and fighting is. Its like rape vs rough sex.

I'm sure there's a better analogy then this.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#65 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,047 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm normally above petty stuff like this...but it couldn't have happened to a nicer @#$%-sucking, dirty, douchebage. @#$%-Yah! :towel:
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 Onions

Onions

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

On hockeyfights.com he was voted the winner by a landslide

and popular opinion 500 years ago believed the Earth was flat.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#67 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,428 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Keith, Bolland, Marchand next up in the hit list B)

#68 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

It's still a concussion and the NHL is supposed to do everything it can to protect players from getting one.

See the contradiction?

Edit: and don't compare rape. bad analogy...

No I don't see the contradiction.

The government is supposed to protect its citizens from harm and yet allows the sale of tobacco.

The NHL can try to protect the players from everything but if two grown men want to throw punches at each other (as stupid as it may be) that is for them, their family and their coaches and managers to workout.

The NHL is there to sell tickets and although you don't like fighting, the rise in popularity of the UFC says you are in the minority.

I think you are just a self righteous crusader with a holier-than-thou attitude. If you don't like fighting cover your eyes when it comes on or better yet don't watch hockey, maybe professional bingo might be more up your alley.

Or you could even petiton the NHL to change to a ringette league that bubble wraps the players for their own protection.
Posted Image

#69 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

I'm sure there's a better analogy then this.

and?
Posted Image

#70 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,663 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Like dueling? Oh...but wait - that is the purpose of it - to fight someone else. Just like boxing.

How about Geisha girls, or human sacrificing? Those were traditions as well.

The purpose of hockey is not skating - it's to out score the other team.

If your statement makes any sense, then so does this one: "Skating can be removed without taking away from the purpose of hockey."

The object/purpose of hockey is not fighting, but the means to the end, of outscoring the other team, includes fighting.
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#71 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,047 posts

The government is supposed to protect its citizens from harm and yet allows the sale of tobacco.

The NHL can try to protect the players from everything but if two grown men want to throw punches at each other (as stupid as it may be) that is for them, their family and their coaches and managers to workout.

The NHL is there to sell tickets and although you don't like fighting, the rise in popularity of the UFC says you are in the minority.

I think you are just a self righteous crusader with a holier-than-thou attitude. If you don't like fighting cover your eyes when it comes on or better yet don't watch hockey, maybe professional bingo might be more up your alley.

Or you could even petiton the NHL to change to a ringette league that bubble wraps the players for their own protection.

I personally would like to see them skating around in pink tutus and blowing kisses at eachother.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#72 Common sense

Common sense

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,742 posts

Where are the Hodgson fanboys?

#73 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

So you don't think Kassian won the fight? Eager getting bloodied up and getting a concussion isn't enough for Kassian to get the W?

#74 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • 17,047 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

Giving themselves concussions?
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#75 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

I personally would like to see them skating around in pink tutus and blowing kisses at eachother.

That sounds quite Lovely! They can also substitute beer with tea and crumpets at the games.

So you don't think Kassian won the fight? Eager getting bloodied up and getting a concussion isn't enough for Kassian to get the W?

Um Kassian destroyed in the fight. Maybe if it went on longer Eager would have changed it around... maybe just because Kassian was facing the wrong way but really Kassian won the fight that happened.
Posted Image

#76 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,378 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

and?

There is no "and" coming. There are better analogies than comparing a professional sport to professional rape.

Edited by Monty, 23 January 2013 - 04:03 PM.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#77 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,920 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

There is no "and" coming. There are better analogies than comparing a professional sport to professional rape.

I didn't even know there was such thing as professional rape... Guess you learn somthing new each day.
Posted Image

#78 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I can't show any remorse to him after the cheapshots to Rypien and Danny.. not to mention he wouldn't even go with Hordi after the cheap shot to Rypien.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#79 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,242 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Wow - personal attack much? Maybe you should re-read the forum rules.

You just proved what I said "the rise in popularity of the UFC" - means if you want to see fights, go watch UFC.

Posted Image

#80 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

Couldn't have happened to a more deserving target, although I'm not so sure Eager hasn't been playing with a concussion for years.

This will have a positive effect on the whole team's play; we finally got someone who can deliver some retribution when it's called for. Hopefully Kassian keeps it up and silences all those on here complaining about the trade.

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#81 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,242 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

The purpose of hockey is not skating - it's to out score the other team.

If your statement makes any sense, then so does this one: "Skating can be removed without taking away from the purpose of hockey."

The object/purpose of hockey is not fighting, but the means to the end, of outscoring the other team, includes fighting.

Yes, hockey can be played without ice and skate - it's called floor hockey (or roller hockey).

Next thing you're going to tell me is that humans are potatoes - for humans have skin and so do potatoes...

Posted Image

#82 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,010 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

I believe I hear the Oilers Forum calling your name .. y'all come back now .. but no rush .. :emot-parrot:

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#83 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 75,128 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

Cody who?

307mg00.jpg

#84 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,011 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

The example might be a little extreme, but it's actually a pretty valid analogy. Maybe, since you have such an issue with it, you could provide a better one?

CMc20QE.gif

Put Gino in the ROH

#85 4thLineGrinder

4thLineGrinder

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

to be fair, we haven't seen cody fight eager yet, so................... :bigblush:

#86 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,054 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

fighting is a part of hockey whether you like it or not pretty simple its not like players are being forced to fight they choose to fight they don't have to and the league allows it so until the league removes fighting by suspending the players then fighting will remain a part of the game

it can turn momentum it can send a message to a team you will not be pushed around and sends a message after a cheap hit by a dirty player

#87 Vigneault's Timeout

Vigneault's Timeout

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,678 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Kassian's left hook really caught Eager by surprise. Eager should be thankful this injury did not come from a cheap shot move that he dishes out to others. If his injury were an actual consequence of the karma he's brought upon himself, it'd be worse than a concussion.

I hope Sedin-Sedin-Kassian is able to produce a lot of points, because the grit and physical presence of Kassian should help protect our star players from B.S. moves against them. Suck it Hodgson
Posted Image

#88 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

I'm never going to celebrate a guy getting a concussion. But I've seen Eager deliberately look to injure star players. We all saw the cheap shot on Sedin. So yeah, "live by the sword, die by the sword," Kharma, whatever, he's courted this for a long time. And let's be honest, this is a guy who ganged up on someone in a bar, used a chair on him and sent him to the hospital last summer, so he isn't exactly Gandhi. But I don't want Kassian getting caught up with these neanderthals. He's taking himself off the ice for five minutes. He's got way too much potential and talent. Crash the net, dominate the boards, make room for teammates, yes, but don't waste yourself on such a douche. I look forward to the day when teams don't have room for guys like Eager, they use his spot for a hockey player.

#89 Callahandy

Callahandy

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Karma. I can't say anything else without coming accross as an insensitive douche.

This.
www.myspace.com/callahanband

#90 Rypien37

Rypien37

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,585 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

After watching those videos erhoff is a B**** Daniel gets drilled from behind and nobody helps him

This, just unbelievable. Not only Ehrhoff, but Edler just casually skated by. If it was the other way around and Thornton got hit like that, a line brawl probably would have happened.

Edited by Rypien37, 23 January 2013 - 04:21 PM.

Posted Image

R.I.P. Your heart and fearlessness will be remembered

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.