Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ben Eager out with concussion from Kassian Fight (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#91 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

As much as I hate Ben Eager, you never want to see a player get hurt no matter how much a douche they are.

Everyone in Canucks Nation, Habs Nation and Flyers Nation wants Brad Marchand to be injured and get what's coming to him.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#92 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Keeps making trading Cody Hodgson look better and better.

Next up is Duncan Keith. Kassian just needs to lay hands on him once.

I'd actually rather see him beat Marchand that little rat has it coming. But Keith deserves a nice punch too don't get me wrong.
Posted Image

#93 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

It's still a concussion and the NHL is supposed to do everything it can to protect players from getting one.

See the contradiction?

Edit: and don't compare rape. bad analogy...

Is there a quote where the NHL says that it is supposed to do absolutely anything that it can, no matter how it might change the game, to protect players from getting a concussion? Certainly they aren't intending to remove fighting... neither the NHL or the PA. That means you made it up.

Here's some "actual" information to consider... not that it's true... but what you said certainly isn't and has no legitimate reference.
http://sports.nation...he-concussions/

"Gary Bettman, the N.H.L. commissioner, said the league and the players were not inclined to enact measures that would limit fighting." - NYTIMES
i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#94 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Wow - personal attack much? Maybe you should re-read the forum rules.

You just proved what I said "the rise in popularity of the UFC" - means if you want to see fights, go watch UFC.

Cry to a mod about it... and no it means fighting sells and the NHL is a business.
Posted Image

#95 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

Just like bieksa didn't drop the gloves when keith hit daniel. Love the idea of having Kassian out there with the twins. Nothing pisses me off more when stars are given a cheap shot and surrounding players don't do a thing.

#96 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

Is there a quote where the NHL says that it is supposed to do absolutely anything that it can, no matter how it might change the game, to protect players from getting a concussion? Certainly they aren't intending to remove fighting... neither the NHL or the PA. That means you made it up.

Here's some "actual" information to consider... not that it's true... but what you said certainly isn't and has no legitimate reference.
http://sports.nation...he-concussions/

"Gary Bettman, the N.H.L. commissioner, said the league and the players were not inclined to enact measures that would limit fighting." - NYTIMES

That's my point.

It's a contradiction.

25 games for checking someone and you leave your feet a tad, but this is hockey - where checking/hitting is allowed.
Okay - only if it's a "clean hit" is it allowed.
But wait a moment...the key phrase every talks about is "head shots".
So...for fighting, if both players agree to fight - it's okay to throw a punch at someone's head.

What if the other player didn't want to fight?
Say, like Marchand throwing a punch at Daniel Sedin?
Is that a "head shot"?
Surely Daniel didn't ask to be punched in the head.

As far as the NHL?

"I applaud the NHL for doing all it can to protect the players from injury, not only current injuries but future injuries. And, yes, sometimes the players need to be protected from themselves."

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=4786

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#97 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,682 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thats something you wont see Cody Hodgson do...

#98 VancouverStyle

VancouverStyle

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

Though i was never a fan of Eager, you never want to see a player suffer
any serious injury like that.

I'm glad Kassian is finally using his size to his advantage. I hope to
see more out of Kassian now.

#99 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,461 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

That's my point.

It's a contradiction.

25 games for checking someone and you leave your feet a tad, but this is hockey - where checking/hitting is allowed.
Okay - only if it's a "clean hit" is it allowed.
But wait a moment...the key phrase every talks about is "head shots".
So...for fighting, if both players agree to fight - it's okay to throw a punch at someone's head.

What if the other player didn't want to fight?
Say, like Marchand throwing a punch at Daniel Sedin?
Is that a "head shot"?
Surely Daniel didn't ask to be punched in the head.

As far as the NHL?

"I applaud the NHL for doing all it can to protect the players from injury, not only current injuries but future injuries. And, yes, sometimes the players need to be protected from themselves."

http://www.nhl.com/i...ost.htm?id=4786

This is why men play in the NHL and not little boys. If Daniel Sedin can't take a gloved punch from someone half his size he really shouldn't be playing Hockey at a professional level.
Posted Image

#100 Cromeslab

Cromeslab

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:54 PM

Good!No sympathy here.Both players were willing combatants.
Posted Image

"Where you've been is good and gone,all you can keep is the gettin there"Townes Van Zandt

#101 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

if Kassian starts to get challenged on a nightly basis by the goons of the NHL we will need Vandy call up and in our lineup so he can take the heat off Kass don't need him getting hurt.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#102 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,342 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

I just don't understand how people can not like Kassian when he plays like he did against EDM.

zackass.png

#103 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,591 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Awesome, and Zack "The Kassassin" Kassian did it the right way, in a fight, fairly. So sweet to see that prick get KO'd, hopefully thats it for his career, Keith and Marchand are next.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#104 tottenhamninja

tottenhamninja

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Ben Eager
Duncan Keith
Brad Marchand

Haha perfect
hi, my name is daniel, and i wear comfy pants.

#105 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,575 posts

can't quote but to heretic if the player doesn't agree to fight and gets punched then the player trying to start a fight will usually get a penalty and could face suspension depending on his record this is known around the league as a cheap shot

its really not that complicated 2 players agree to fight each other it will continue to happen til the nhl changes its rules so live with it and if you don't like it watch golf

#106 tottenhamninja

tottenhamninja

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Haha perfect

The list. Not the resulting injurie.
hi, my name is daniel, and i wear comfy pants.

#107 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

As somebody who's had multiple concussions and knows what a pain they are...Ben Eager had one coming. Guy's a dirty player.

And honestly, who doesn't feel good about having some proof that Kassian can be a deterrence? While playing with the twins, he goes out and pounds a big dude into the IR! I'm pumped about this season for Zack.
Posted Image

#108 c-a-n-u-c-k-s

c-a-n-u-c-k-s

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,659 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yes, hockey can be played without ice and skate - it's called floor hockey (or roller hockey).

Next thing you're going to tell me is that humans are potatoes - for humans have skin and so do potatoes...

Is this supposed to be funny?

We're talking about the NHL... ice hockey... in case you forgot.

Changing the argument.... #signsthatyouropinionhasnofoundation

Edited by c-a-n-u-c-k-s, 23 January 2013 - 05:42 PM.

i make music - here it is - and run a label & musician community - sectionz [savant, mr.bill, katfyr, sirensceol, virtual riot, kaster etc....] (mainly edm)

#109 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

I dont wish that on anyone but that guy is a cheapshot artist. I hope he's sitting on the edge of his bed singing "Old Mcdonald had a farm" not permenantly just for a few days.

#110 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,048 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

As somebody who's had multiple concussions and knows what a pain they are...Ben Eager had one coming. Guy's a dirty player.

And honestly, who doesn't feel good about having some proof that Kassian can be a deterrence? While playing with the twins, he goes out and pounds a big dude into the IR! I'm pumped about this season for Zack.

Yea, for a guy who intentionally hit Daniel from behind in an attempt to injure 2 years ago, i dont feel bad for him.

You can bet Eager will be well disciplined next time we play again :) But that being said, i dont want Kassian dropping the gloves with every goon that challenges him.

#111 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

First brainless player to ever receive a concussion.

#112 Heretic

Heretic

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,839 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

This is why men play in the NHL and not little boys. If Daniel Sedin can't take a gloved punch from someone half his size he really shouldn't be playing Hockey at a professional level.

I didn't say he couldn't take - I said if he didn't consent to fighting does that make the shot a head shot?

You said the difference was that fighters agree to fight.

Are you now retracting that statement?

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with fighting - I'm just not fine with the penalty.

Yes...men play hockey at the NHL level, and most of the ones that get into a fight are ones that can't control their emotions - which makes you question if they are indeed adults - no?

McCoy: We were speculating. Is God really out there?
Kirk: Maybe he's not out there, Bones. Maybe he's right here. [points to his heart]

Posted Image

#113 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:09 PM

If feel like I should feel worse, but he's such a d**k dork that I find it hard to find sympathy for him.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#114 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,124 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

What's Hodgson got to do with anything?

I was all over CDC questioning the trade. We lost in the first round last year, and probably would have scored an extra goal in a tight game if we still had CoHo.

But I also wished for the best for Kass considering the deal was done; was amongst the first to get excited and cheer for Kassian when he won the fight and scored his goal in that game! Even if we lost it was something to cheer for. Also passed my regards on to Eager! ;)

FTR; Kass still has a ways to go, even in fighting. Dude has serious power, and the attitude to dispense it. But he's also reckless and gets his share in return. Its the first fight he's won here, and its not like he had a whole pile of victories in Buffalo either. Watch the Colton Orr / Engelland fight in todays Laff / Penguins game. Those guys protect themselves a whole lot more, respecting the damage that can be done. Engelland did some serious battling, and still came out with a massive goose egg on his left eye. Kass would either score a knockout or get pounded, noting he was very vulnerable after he scored his king punch. It's early days.

For now it's awsome we're finally getting a bit of what we want out of the deal. But it really has bugger all to do with Hodgson at this point.

Where are the Hodgson fanboys?

#115 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

I didn't say he couldn't take - I said if he didn't consent to fighting does that make the shot a head shot?

You said the difference was that fighters agree to fight.

Are you now retracting that statement?

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with fighting - I'm just not fine with the penalty.

Yes...men play hockey at the NHL level, and most of the ones that get into a fight are ones that can't control their emotions - which makes you question if they are indeed adults - no?

So you are always in control of your emotions?? I'm a pretty calm guy but push me far enough and you are bound to get a reaction. And hockey is a pretty emotional sport so a lot of guys are more likely to cycle through the emotions than others(everyones different ;) )...and I certainly don't think of them as not adults.
Posted Image

#116 lowest common denominator

lowest common denominator

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

Git Sum!

Keith doesn't have the cajones to throw down!

#117 canucksforalways

canucksforalways

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:23 PM

Kassian does not have to fight every night. He needs to score and hit hard and be the power forward who is also willing to stick up for his teammates.

He needs to play with the fire every night and no one will mess with the Sedin's or anyone else in our lineup

Ben Eager is an idiot. But I still wish him a speedy recovery

#118 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

I really don't know what to say either....except maybe look at my sig. ;)

Awesome hahha
Posted Image

#119 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,441 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Kass must have serious hands if you can give a concussion to a stone.

#120 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXekjZLXB0

Who's Next?

Dave Boland deserves a concussion Im thinking,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUXekjZLXB0

Who's Next?

Dave Boland deserves a concussion Im thinking,,,,,,

BRAD MARCHAND, i really hope Kassian is able to get his hands on that little piece of crap

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.