Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Ben Eager out with concussion from Kassian Fight (confirmed)

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#151 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:13 PM

What a decimating punch Kassian delivered. Sucks for Eager, but he danced with the wrong Canuck that night.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#152 BiriBiri

BiriBiri

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Boom hate that POS ever since that cheap shot against Danny.

This

I live in Edmonton, and you guys got no idea how much hate Kass is getting right now (even though coiler fans don't like ben much either)

#153 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

Poor Eager. He wasn't the smartest guy in the league before this concussion.

aXmDa9t.gif

#154 stawns

stawns

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,926 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

meh don't want to see anyone get injured.

screw that.......there's only a couple guys in the league who deserve it.......he's one. Cheap shot artist with little to no regard or respect for the health of the players he plays with and against.

#155 DaMacNamedDre

DaMacNamedDre

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

I don't know about DJ Ball but I can go waaaay lower.

God bless the NHL if I was ever an enforcer.

no kidding, politically correct kumbaya types make me laugh.
i dont think its un-reasonable to want to see Kassian cleanly catch Keith with his head down and have him leave on a stretcher
after what he did last year to our organization.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Posted ImageBodee, on 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM, said:

I haven't been a supporter of the Canucks for long. Mainly because firstly I know nothing about NHL and secondly ESPN America only started showing NHL 3 years ago.

http://forum.canucks.com/topic/328055-whats-wrong-with-me
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

#156 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

no kidding, politically correct kumbaya types make me laugh.
i dont think its un-reasonable to want to see Kassian cleanly catch Keith with his head down and have him leave on a stretcher
after what he did last year to our organization.

What exactly did he do last year to "our organization"? Check a Sedin? Heavens! Quick, "Bertuzzi" him!

To all you people gloating that a Canuck injured another player by starting a fight with him I say that the karma fairy has a nasty way of getting even with such sentiments. I love Kass as much as anyone and was delighted to see him tune up Eager but gloating over his getting a concussion is so typical of the whiny classless attitudes of some fans here. Let's hope the karma fairy isn't listening.

#157 surtur

surtur

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

I am not one that wants kass to take out revenge on anyone for something that happened last season.
There is no way he will ever get to go toe to toe with Keith, marchand (sp) etc they will never step up against him, and i don't want him to get a suspension for jumping a player.
but if he could ever catch them with there head down.... i might be happy.
as for fighting Eager i am glad he did but i also wish Vandy was in the lineup so he could have done it.
but at least Kass will get some legit tough guy Cred.

Having a healthy Kassian, Volpatti, and Vandermeer (sp) will be and essential part of a good cup run.
I hope for great things but i do not want to see Kass fighting ever other night.

edit: plus kass is still just a kid wait a couple years and he will be a monster out there.
guys like eager will think twice (if they are even able to think once.) before trying anything dirty.

Kass can still gain a lot of weight in the next few years , 20-30lbs by the time he is 25-26 is not unrealistic

Edited by surtur, 24 January 2013 - 07:22 PM.

Release The KraKassian
Kassianthe_Krakensm.jpg

#158 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Eager deserves everything he gets. That sac of garbage has been playing out of his shoes since coming into this league. I for one am doing the dance of joy !

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#159 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,121 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

What exactly did he do last year to "our organization"? Check a Sedin? Heavens! Quick, "Bertuzzi" him!

To all you people gloating that a Canuck injured another player by starting a fight with him I say that the karma fairy has a nasty way of getting even with such sentiments. I love Kass as much as anyone and was delighted to see him tune up Eager but gloating over his getting a concussion is so typical of the whiny classless attitudes of some fans here. Let's hope the karma fairy isn't listening.

Clearly you have forgotten the SJS series or the CHI series when he was there? I will not hide my joy at his pain. Say what you will about me . Eager's karma has come full circle.

Edited by vanfan73, 24 January 2013 - 07:35 PM.

1987.jpg

On weekends, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami :ph34r:

#160 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Who are all these people saying "I wouldn't wish a concussion on anyone, poor Eager". If I was on the ice during that hit on Daniel/punch on Colby I would have nearly killed the guy. Concussion would be the least of his worries. That is so incredibly beyond something you do in a game and this guy does it over and over. If someone went knee on knee on Eager, I'd send the guy chocolates and flowers. Same goes for Marchand. The only way these guys stop getting away with their crap is when players start sending them to the hospital for their actions.

Edited by nateb123, 24 January 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#161 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Who are all these people saying "I wouldn't wish a concussion on anyone, poor Eager". If I was on the ice during that hit on Daniel/punch on Colby I would have nearly killed the guy. Concussion would be the least of his worries. That is so incredibly beyond something you do in a game and this guy does it over and over. If someone went knee on knee on Eager, I'd send the guy chocolates and flowers. Same goes for Marchand. The only way these guys stop getting away with their crap is when players start sending them to the hospital for their actions.

So I guess you are a big fan of Bertuzzi "defending his captain" then too eh? Has Eager actually sent anybody to the hospital with any of his hits? One thing I am certain of; if he were a Canuck he would be a fan favorite. Antics aside he could play for my team. At least he doesn't bite or pull people's hair.

#162 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

Concussions are no laughing matter. Sucks to be him.

karma for his antics on luongo in the playoffs?

either way, muhaahahahhaha
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#163 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

So I guess you are a big fan of Bertuzzi "defending his captain" then too eh? Has Eager actually sent anybody to the hospital with any of his hits? One thing I am certain of; if he were a Canuck he would be a fan favorite. Antics aside he could play for my team. At least he doesn't bite or pull people's hair.

lol you must be a blackhawks fan. If Ben Eager was a Canuck...I would hate him just as much as I do now(only a matter of time before he'd do something stupid that costs the team). And I guess trying to put someone in the hospital is ok if you don't actually succeed? Is that what you are saying?
Posted Image

#164 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:44 PM

Eager is the biggest stooge in the league.

I wonder if Edmonton even notices he's injured.

#165 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

Aww, thema......are you telling me you wouldn't bite the finger of some ass trying to shove their finger(s) down your throat? Bad example.......I'll give ya the hair pulling thing,though, not terribly on-ice cool even if it's in reaction to something said person is doing to you first.....

And no, Eager would not be this fan's favourite by a long shot.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#166 thema

thema

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Aww, thema......are you telling me you wouldn't bite the finger of some ass trying to shove their finger(s) down your throat? Bad example.......I'll give ya the hair pulling thing,though, not terribly on-ice cool even if it's in reaction to something said person is doing to you.....

And no, Eager would not be this fan's favourite by a long shot.

Guess Eager's sucker punch (against Armstrong for which he was suspended 4 games) wasn't "Bertuzzi" enough for you. Pretty wimpy compared to Bert's career ending criminal assault. Now THERE'S a tough guy.

Eager makes the perfect villain; if he were forced to retire because of this nobody here would have him to vent on. Admit it, you would miss him. He's almost made his pension despite having little or no actual hockey ability yet he sticks in the league because he is the perfect agitator. His teammates also love him (ask Philly). As I said I'm glad Zach tuned him up but anybody who gloats over his concussion deserves to have their favorite Canuck go down for awhile. Classless.

#167 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

Lol. Go away Hawks fan.

#168 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,584 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

You forgot an L in your name there you nancy

Eager's a prick that Canucks fans have hated for ages, and now one of our rising young stars owned him in a fight, feels great!
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#169 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

Guess Eager's sucker punch (against Armstrong for which he was suspended 4 games) wasn't "Bertuzzi" enough for you. Pretty wimpy compared to Bert's career ending criminal assault. Now THERE'S a tough guy.

Please don't assume or attempt to put words in my mouth.

And nope, nothing to admit....... I wouldn't miss Eager at all.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 January 2013 - 04:29 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#170 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

As much as I hate Ben Eager, you never want to see a player get hurt no matter how much a douche they are.

Speak for yourself.

/=S=/

#171 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

You had best hope the "karma fairy" is not listening, as flaunting a fairy of any kind can be dangerous .. your sentiments leave you open to a visit from Tinkerbell .. I have seen worse acts of violence on the ice than what Bertuzzi did to Moore that went unpenalized .. IF there is a karma fairy, then Mark Messier is bound to die slowly of some rectal disease .. how fitting ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#172 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:16 PM

You had best hope the "karma fairy" is not listening, as flaunting a fairy of any kind can be dangerous .. your sentiments leave you open to a visit from Tinkerbell .. I have seen worse acts of violence on the ice than what Bertuzzi did to Moore that went unpenalized .. IF there is a karma fairy, then Mark Messier is bound to die slowly of some rectal disease .. how fitting ..

Like Chara intentional hit Pacioretty on the turnbuckle...

#173 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,788 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Like Chara intentional hit Pacioretty on the turnbuckle...

Yes .. that was deliberate attempt to injure .. getting even for being mocked .. the big tool ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#174 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,532 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'd rather see Eager concussed so bad he becomes a vegetable than risk that scumbag putting an actual hockey player in that condition.

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

#175 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

To all you people gloating that a Canuck injured another player by starting a fight with him I say that the karma fairy has a nasty way of getting even with such sentiments.

Then why is Marchand still skating? Chara? For what he did to Pacioretty?

At least Kassian fought Eager cleanly.

Heck, Bertuzzi is still playing professional NHL hockey after what he did to what's his face. There is no such thing as karma my friend, only bullies and bullieds. And we are better off being the former.
Posted Image

#176 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

Never, ever want to see another player injured, not even a complete douchebag like Ben Eager. That said, "Karma" got him pretty good, didn't it?

"Karma" was played brilliantly by Kassian's fist.

Think I might change my user name to "Kassian's Fist".

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#177 Coconuts

Coconuts

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:59 AM

Hopefully this deters people from taking runs at the twins. Word travels fast when you give someone like Eager a concussion.

It's hard to feel bad for him after all the cheap shots his taken.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

#178 Johnny Shotgun

Johnny Shotgun

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Live by the sword die by the sword. Eager is a plug who got what he deserves.
No one escapes my blast!

#179 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

This

I live in Edmonton, and you guys got no idea how much hate Kass is getting right now (even though coiler fans don't like ben much either)

This is good news for the Canucks. Kassian is making a name for himself. He's letting Edmonton and other teams that he's here to stay. Who was the last Canuck to do that?

#180 aqua59

aqua59

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

One more thing. Remember when Ben Eager played for San Jose, took dumb penalties that ended San Jose' playoff hopes. From what I've read he's not been endeared by Edmonton fans either. Also his brawling in a bar with his brother during the lockout wasn't good for his career. Ben Eager is having what one can only call a moronic hockey career. If he keeps it up he'll be compared to Sean Avery. The parents must be so proud.

Thanks for coming out Ben!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.