The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ben Eager out with concussion from Kassian Fight (confirmed)

Jinx_RK17

can't quote but to heretic if the player doesn't agree to fight and gets punched then the player trying to start a fight will usually get a penalty and could face suspension depending on his record this is known around the league as a cheap shot

its really not that complicated 2 players agree to fight each other it will continue to happen til the nhl changes its rules so live with it and if you don't like it watch golf

As somebody who's had multiple concussions and knows what a pain they are...Ben Eager had one coming. Guy's a dirty player.

And honestly, who doesn't feel good about having some proof that Kassian can be a deterrence? While playing with the twins, he goes out and pounds a big dude into the IR! I'm pumped about this season for Zack.

As somebody who's had multiple concussions and knows what a pain they are...Ben Eager had one coming. Guy's a dirty player.

And honestly, who doesn't feel good about having some proof that Kassian can be a deterrence? While playing with the twins, he goes out and pounds a big dude into the IR! I'm pumped about this season for Zack.

What's Hodgson got to do with anything?

I was all over CDC questioning the trade. We lost in the first round last year, and probably would have scored an extra goal in a tight game if we still had CoHo.

But I also wished for the best for Kass considering the deal was done; was amongst the first to get excited and cheer for Kassian when he won the fight and scored his goal in that game! Even if we lost it was something to cheer for. Also passed my regards on to Eager! ;)

FTR; Kass still has a ways to go, even in fighting. Dude has serious power, and the attitude to dispense it. But he's also reckless and gets his share in return. Its the first fight he's won here, and its not like he had a whole pile of victories in Buffalo either. Watch the Colton Orr / Engelland fight in todays Laff / Penguins game. Those guys protect themselves a whole lot more, respecting the damage that can be done. Engelland did some serious battling, and still came out with a massive goose egg on his left eye. Kass would either score a knockout or get pounded, noting he was very vulnerable after he scored his king punch. It's early days.

For now it's awsome we're finally getting a bit of what we want out of the deal. But it really has bugger all to do with Hodgson at this point.

Where are the Hodgson fanboys?

I didn't say he couldn't take - I said if he didn't consent to fighting does that make the shot a head shot?

You said the difference was that fighters agree to fight.

Are you now retracting that statement?

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with fighting - I'm just not fine with the penalty.

Yes...men play hockey at the NHL level, and most of the ones that get into a fight are ones that can't control their emotions - which makes you question if they are indeed adults - no?

Kassian does not have to fight every night. He needs to score and hit hard and be the power forward who is also willing to stick up for his teammates.

He needs to play with the fire every night and no one will mess with the Sedin's or anyone else in our lineup

Ben Eager is an idiot. But I still wish him a speedy recovery

Archived