36 replies to this topic

#1 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

How long can AV & Gillis last ? Do you think the Canucks have enough talent and grit? I think their days are numbered. Both the coach and GM have been along term disappointment. Granted at times they got this team rolling along, but the team is not talented enough or tough enough to go far in the playoffs. The building still sells out so they think they are fine. The coach has not delivered and seems lost unable to make the right decisions. The manager is content it seems but how long can they stick with basically the same group. An injury or two and the team is hooped. What worse is it seems like AV is not on the same page as the team.

#2 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

OK
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#3 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,580 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Why?

Snake Doctor, on 23 May 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:snapback.png

Miller is not on our list. It's Lack as our #1. There is no reason we would have traded both Schnieder and Luongo if we never intended to give Lack the #1 starting job.  Furthermore, the salary and term Miller is looking for is not in our favor.

#4 Peace Bond

Peace Bond

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

Well you sure convinced me!

#5 BananaMash

BananaMash

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,070 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

POPULAR

I'm not sure about AV, but I hear Gillis has been doing a series of kegel exercises to help him last longer.

Posted Image

#6 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

nope go cheer for a new team.......

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#7 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

we need more canuck fans like you.....what?

#8 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

All fresh and well thought out points. :shock:

1zchaix.jpg

Always vigilant and on the lookout for Tiger Singh,The Stork, Shamu101, Mangoes, Cucumbers, Proballhockeyplayer, Dal Colle, DontTradeEdler, RespectYourEdlers23, D.T.E. and...

#9 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

How long can AV & Gillis last ?

Longer than this thread
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#10 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

longer than you can on this board, op
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,040 posts

Guess back-to-back President Trophies mean nothing? How about a Stanley Cup run in 2011 to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals?

Lets get rid of the coach and GM 2 games into the season! :P

Posted Image

#12 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,916 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

Should have tried being a fan in the 70's and 80's. You'd be thankful for this team like I am.
Posted Image

#13 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

Thanks for the perceptive analysis and insightful commentary.

#14 Clinch16

Clinch16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

How long can AV & Gillis last ? Do you think the Canucks have enough talent and grit? I think their days are numbered. Both the coach and GM have been along term disappointment. Granted at times they got this team rolling along, but the team is not talented enough or tough enough to go far in the playoffs. The building still sells out so they think they are fine. The coach has not delivered and seems lost unable to make the right decisions. The manager is content it seems but how long can they stick with basically the same group. An injury or two and the team is hooped. What worse is it seems like AV is not on the same page as the team.

I wondered, as I read your post, if there existed such a drug that would make one delusional enough to type something like this out only 2 games into a season after back to back Prez trophies and a game 7 SCF, and if this drug does infact exist, why you are trying to OD on it so early in the day?
Posted Image

#15 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,311 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Infinitely! so long as they keep icing a competative team that is able to yearly compete for the Cup and draft relatively decently using the low draft picks they get for being competative.

Oh wait that's pretty much what they've been doing soooo um talk to me after the Canucks miss the playoffs for 2-3 seasons straight.
Posted Image

#16 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I wondered, as I read your post, if there existed such a drug that would make one delusional enough to type something like this out only 2 games into a season after back to back Prez trophies and a game 7 SCF, and if this drug does infact exist, why you are trying to OD on it so early in the day?

Maybe he is talking about how we got bounced by the eventual Cup champs. The same ones that rolled through everyone. We could have been the Hawks and got bounced by the Coyotes (snicker) or the Bruins getting bounced by the Caps (snicker snicker)

#17 DooBie604

DooBie604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:37 PM

Well thought out. We should fire the coach and the GM every year we don't win a Stanley Cup. Any coach and GM who can't win a Stanley Cup is useless and we should go through a new one every time this happens. In fact we should just swap out our entire roster and management staff on any year we don't win it all. That strategy is fool proof!

#18 disisdayear

disisdayear

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Regarding comment about AV not being on the same page as the team...based on what? 2 games? Lets wait and see what happens over the next 5-7 days...oh no...the sky is falling!!! The bottom has fallen out!!!

Regarding comment on MG's complacency...based on what? Not willing to give up Luongo for a back of pucks? Not signing Schultz, Doan, etc. after making a hard pitch to both? I suppose the signing Edler/Burrows to long term contracts occurred because everyone on MG's staff are sitting on their a$$e$. Good one.

#19 Rocket Robin

Rocket Robin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

Coach of the year and general manager of the year a couple of seasons ago wow I think
u have to stay away from the paint thinner wow lmfao :picard:

#20 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

OMG. There are 29 GM's and coaches a year that don't reach the ultimate goal, 28 of each of them wish they were in MG or Av's position. The team continues to tweak the lineup and look for impact moves and the coach that can't get through to his players just coached them to two President's trophies.

What might not last is my ability to respond to idiotic posts much longer without being banned. Turn in your Canuck jersey and souvenirs and leap from the bandwagon. Snucks rhymes with schmucks.
Posted Image

#21 frazzY

frazzY

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I dont get people, u all (haters/bandwagoners) have stanley cup tunnel vision!

Dont get me wrong, i am aching for a cup like everyone else in this town, but take a step back and look at the big picture.

Maybe AV could be on thin ice, maybe, but as far as Gillis his job is as safe as Aquilini's IMHO. We contend every year for at least 4 seasons now, went to game 7 cup finals EXTREMELY BANGED UP! This team has had very bad luck with injuries compared to most teams.

You cant argue with the on ice product, if we keep contending every year I dont see how MGs job could be in jeopardy.

Clearly u dont remember the dark days in Canucks history, we finally have a winning team. The best 5 years in Canucks history statistically BY FAR!....

And all some people want to do is cry for change and hang the goalie (Lu) coach, or GM out to dry...

There are 29 other teams trying to achieve what we are and the stanley cup playoffs is by far the most grueling, physically demanding tournament in pro sports.

Theres a reason they call it "the toughest trophy to win!"

The Canucks are on the right track, relax and have some patience...

GO CANUCKS GO!! I BELIEVE!!

** Oh.. And we're only 2 games in.....

/rant

#22 GTVic

GTVic

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Guess back-to-back President Trophies mean nothing? How about a Stanley Cup run in 2011 to game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals?

Lets get rid of the coach and GM 2 games into the season! :P

Funny how in the pre-season predictions several media people referred to the Canucks as prior President's cup trophy winners, stating they won two years ago but not mentioning last year. Somehow word didn't get out on the back to back part.

#23 FelixPotvin29

FelixPotvin29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

The only thing that bothers me and many others is the fact that the players seem to only play at 100% for half the game. Half the time we look lost and have no jump to our offense. This goes back to all of last year not just these 2 games.

#24 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

JMO but after waiting for the lockout to end then seeing 2 such pathetic games, the worst 2 games in recent years, something needs to be done.Not many games left to win the presidents trophy again and fizzle in the playoffs. For me its not good enough and is a horrible lack of preparedness by coaches, the GM and players, granted the canucks always start slow, but the season doesn't have much time left for them to get into the playoffs.

#25 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

In case you don't know I have followed this team since day one and they have had bad luck it is true but most yrs a mediocre team that sometimes played above their talent level by hard work. Thing is it never seems enough. The current team is way to soft. It won't change though because the fans like it OK the way it is I guess. So does the GM and he is the one that spoke about grit.

#26 Ray_Cathode

Ray_Cathode

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,800 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Two president's trophies and a run to the finals in the past two years are death knells nowadays, I suppose...

#27 Papayas

Papayas

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

In case you don't know I have followed this team since day one and they have had bad luck it is true but most yrs a mediocre team that sometimes played above their talent level by hard work. Thing is it never seems enough. The current team is way to soft. It won't change though because the fans like it OK the way it is I guess. So does the GM and he is the one that spoke about grit.

It would be better for both of us if you don't follow the team from now on.

#28 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,443 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Off the top of my head I would guess you're 14 and have been watching the Canucks for two years now. You have no clue.

I've looked at your profile and read another comment so I guess my guess above is wrong.

So, have you forgotten the last 15 years, get hit on the head, remember our old GM and coaches ... any of this ringing a bell?

Edited by Dogbyte, 23 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#29 combover

combover

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

as long as the team they put on the ice continues to win. (president trophy division titles)if things get like the flames or T.O then expect changes but with the talent this team has i don't see that happening any time soon.
Stability starts at the top and trickles down it very important to have if you want to attract ufa's not to mention it key to having a winning organization. Caps and leafs are good examples new coaches new gm's players don't know what happening its a distraction once the novelty wears off.
I wouldn't say i'm a AV fan but i can't argue with his results.
my warn status is for calling it like i saw it with Dave the donut Nonis. apparently the owners agreed

#30 CanuckCup1316

CanuckCup1316

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

To answer the question without a dig, I say they are both going to stay for the remainder of this year for sure. There are already enough excuses to back up any type season we end up having. But if we were to miss playoffs this and next year then you can expect to see big changes. Now to answer your question with a dig, they should both be fired and so should every coach and gm that does not win the cup each year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.