The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How long can AV & Gillis last ?

snucks

I dont get people, u all (haters/bandwagoners) have stanley cup tunnel vision!

Dont get me wrong, i am aching for a cup like everyone else in this town, but take a step back and look at the big picture.

Maybe AV could be on thin ice, maybe, but as far as Gillis his job is as safe as Aquilini's IMHO. We contend every year for at least 4 seasons now, went to game 7 cup finals EXTREMELY BANGED UP! This team has had very bad luck with injuries compared to most teams.

You cant argue with the on ice product, if we keep contending every year I dont see how MGs job could be in jeopardy.

Clearly u dont remember the dark days in Canucks history, we finally have a winning team. The best 5 years in Canucks history statistically BY FAR!....

And all some people want to do is cry for change and hang the goalie (Lu) coach, or GM out to dry...

There are 29 other teams trying to achieve what we are and the stanley cup playoffs is by far the most grueling, physically demanding tournament in pro sports.

Theres a reason they call it "the toughest trophy to win!"

The Canucks are on the right track, relax and have some patience...

GO CANUCKS GO!! I BELIEVE!!

** Oh.. And we're only 2 games in.....

/rant

JMO but after waiting for the lockout to end then seeing 2 such pathetic games, the worst 2 games in recent years, something needs to be done.Not many games left to win the presidents trophy again and fizzle in the playoffs. For me its not good enough and is a horrible lack of preparedness by coaches, the GM and players, granted the canucks always start slow, but the season doesn't have much time left for them to get into the playoffs.

In case you don't know I have followed this team since day one and they have had bad luck it is true but most yrs a mediocre team that sometimes played above their talent level by hard work. Thing is it never seems enough. The current team is way to soft. It won't change though because the fans like it OK the way it is I guess. So does the GM and he is the one that spoke about grit.

How long can AV & Gillis last ? Do you think the Canucks have enough talent and grit? I think their days are numbered. Both the coach and GM have been along term disappointment. Granted at times they got this team rolling along, but the team is not talented enough or tough enough to go far in the playoffs. The building still sells out so they think they are fine. The coach has not delivered and seems lost unable to make the right decisions. The manager is content it seems but how long can they stick with basically the same group. An injury or two and the team is hooped. What worse is it seems like AV is not on the same page as the team.

In case you don't know I have followed this team since day one and they have had bad luck it is true but most yrs a mediocre team that sometimes played above their talent level by hard work. Thing is it never seems enough. The current team is way to soft. It won't change though because the fans like it OK the way it is I guess. So does the GM and he is the one that spoke about grit.

Off the top of my head I would guess you're 14 and have been watching the Canucks for two years now. You have no clue.

I've looked at your profile and read another comment so I guess my guess above is wrong.

So, have you forgotten the last 15 years, get hit on the head, remember our old GM and coaches ... any of this ringing a bell?

as long as the team they put on the ice continues to win. (president trophy division titles)if things get like the flames or T.O then expect changes but with the talent this team has i don't see that happening any time soon.

Stability starts at the top and trickles down it very important to have if you want to attract ufa's not to mention it key to having a winning organization. Caps and leafs are good examples new coaches new gm's players don't know what happening its a distraction once the novelty wears off.

I wouldn't say i'm a AV fan but i can't argue with his results.

To answer the question without a dig, I say they are both going to stay for the remainder of this year for sure. There are already enough excuses to back up any type season we end up having. But if we were to miss playoffs this and next year then you can expect to see big changes. Now to answer your question with a dig, they should both be fired and so should every coach and gm that does not win the cup each year.

Hey OP,

2 consecutive Presidents trophies and a trip to the Stanley cup final. Gillis just locked up Edler with the "home team discount" like many of our other top players have and 2 games into the season you're unhappy with the team? The Canucks manage the cap quite well IMO and the team is in contention again for the cup based on the depth we have. Our only concern is youth but it's be expected when you draft at the bottom by virtue of being a TOP TEAM IN THE LEAGUE... fool!

How long can AV & Gillis last ? Do you think the Canucks have enough talent and grit? I think their days are numbered. Both the coach and GM have been along term disappointment. Granted at times they got this team rolling along, but the team is not talented enough or tough enough to go far in the playoffs. The building still sells out so they think they are fine. The coach has not delivered and seems lost unable to make the right decisions. The manager is content it seems but how long can they stick with basically the same group. An injury or two and the team is hooped. What worse is it seems like AV is not on the same page as the team.

Archived