Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

The media trying to put words in canucks management mouth

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
27 replies to this topic

#1 37yrsncounting

37yrsncounting

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Why is the media trying to force the issues down the canucks management throat

1. The media is going crazy and ripping mg for saying that there is a deal in place for Luongo and how that causes problems for the team. But all mg said was that there was a 'potential' deal in place. Doesn't potential just mean there is a possiblility? There are all types of scenarios that can be 'potentially' played out. Why is the media trying to put words in mg's mouth?

2. Its a fact that the Canucks are trying to trade Luongo. It is also a fact that they signed Schneider to very good starter's money. It is also fact that Schneider started the first game of the year in Vancouver. Can the media NOT conclude from these facts that Cory Schneider is the defacto starting goalie for the Vancouver Canucks. As a fan, I have no doubt who the starter is. Besides, doesn't AV have the right to start whoever he feels has the best chance to win any given night. Yet the media is trying to pin blame on AV with playing headgames with Cory. Whats it got to do with the media? Maybe Cory knows he's the starter. Is it actually AV's job to satisfy media curiosity?

There is plenty to report about, but the media chooes to spin these stories so negatively and attack the people in charge. Is all this happening just because we are losing or what going with the usually canucks management friendly media?

Edited by 36yrsncounting, 23 January 2013 - 05:39 PM.

#2 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,319 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Then MG should shut his mouth? He should know better.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#3 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Possible deals are B.S.. Everybody knows what Gillis is doing.

Everybody knew that the Luongo deal had to be done before or as the season started to not distract the team.

Seems Gillis didn't get the reality memo.

#4 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

This is nothing new, this media putting words in management's mouths thing or downright making up stuff in order to sell newspapers. It's disgusting and why the general public continues to support it by discussing it, or buying papers or registering on news websites defies understanding. When whatever comes out fof MG's mouth or AV's mouth that doesn't quite suit, they (the media) will twist it to generate more controversy and false interest. It's bull&*^%.

Hopefully MG is turning that same bull&*^% back on the media and is playing them for the blood sucking fools they are.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 23 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#5 tigerwilliams for pm

tigerwilliams for pm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I agree. I find it funny on how the media trys to throw these crafty questions at MG trying to get him to spill the beans. He gets this look like "Are you kidding me" :blink:

#6 smithers joe

smithers joe

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:01 PM

maybe gillis said too much but the truth is that the only contraversy is in the media....we all know how reporters can take a statement and turn it into something all together different...i trust gillis and AV to run this team..i doubt the media or any of us would lead this team to the prize...

#7 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

Gillis's statement was an attempt to put a damper on the media frenzy surrounding which goalie should be starting. Obviously MG missed the boat when it comes to dealing Luongo in a timely manner and now he's got fires to try to put out.

#8 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

In my opinion, I think he showed Toronto his cards. If this "potential deal", (whether or not it exists) doesn't go through then that could damage any leverage we had over the Burke dismissal.

However, I like what Gillis is willing to attempt. Luongo looked good on Sunday, and wherever he goes I believe he's gonna have something to prove. He's basically been politely run out of town. To me, putting that type of chip on an elite goalies shoulder is worth more than anyone named Tyler Bozak or Nazem Kadri.

Toronto is trigger shy I think, and it's cause of what happened in the Kessel trade..
Posted Image

#9 Kubrick

Kubrick

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

In my opinion, I think he showed Toronto his cards. If this "potential deal", (whether or not it exists) doesn't go through then that could damage any leverage we had over the Burke dismissal.

However, I like what Gillis is willing to attempt. Luongo looked good on Sunday, and wherever he goes I believe he's gonna have something to prove. He's basically been politely run out of town. To me, putting that type of chip on an elite goalies shoulder is worth more than anyone named Tyler Bozak or Nazem Kadri.

Toronto is trigger shy I think, and it's cause of what happened in the Kessel trade..
Posted Image

#10 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

No big deal. Just the media scumbags doing they're jobs and MG doing his job. Nothing more nothing less. Just a lot of us whining about it.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#11 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

this whole "goalie controversy" bs was started by the media to begin with, not surprised.

the media here is pathetic

#12 oldnews

oldnews

Declining Grinder

• Members
  • 17,990 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:18 PM

The particular media you are talking about have delusions of grandeur - the Pope makes the ridiculous claim of being the official agent of God - TSN et al think they hold a similar position with respect to NHL GMs. They don't necessarily know what they are talking about - they're merely speculating for the most part, and attempting to stamp authority on their words. Entertaining but not necessarily worth taking very seriously.

#13 Jester13

Jester13

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

MG is using the media just like other GM's do ie Burke to try and force other teams to panic. If there are teams interested and they hear that there is a potential deal, they might offer something more than what they have been.

"Education is the inoculator for ignorance."

#14 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'd rather have the media discussing this rather than how crappy our team has been lol

Posted Image

#15 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

this whole "goalie controversy" bs was started by the media to begin with, not surprised.
the media here is pathetic

Please.We all saw the #1 goalie usurped by management.
Then we saw the media throng thrown on Luongo/given to speculation because mgmt. did not back up Luo.
This is 100% management.The media never threw Luo off the Canucks bus.Gillis did.
Gillis had eight months to trade Luo.He never accomplished what Luo and Cory and the team expected and needed him to do.
Now it is a major distraction to the players and the team and will remain a distraction until Gillis finishes what he started.
This is all Gillis,all the time.

Edited by nuck nit, 23 January 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#16 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Then we saw the media throng thrown on Luongo/given to speculation because mgmt. did not back up Luo.
This is 100% management.The media never threw Luo off the Canucks bus.Gillis did.

Yes, MG started the booing fans by telling them to jeer. MG told the media to over analyze and criticize Luongo. That totally wasn't the media who started all that controversy. I don't think I have ever seen a post of yours that didn't appear like a troll post.

#17 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

MG is using the media just like other GM's do ie Burke to try and force other teams to panic. If there are teams interested and they hear that there is a potential deal, they might offer something more than what they have been.

speculation UN educated guess heh we can all do that you don't have to be smart to speculate now do yah

#18 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Yes, MG started the booing fans by telling them to jeer. MG told the media to over analyze and criticize Luongo. That totally wasn't the media who started all that controversy. I don't think I have ever seen a post of yours that didn't appear like a troll post.

agreed seems to be alot of trolls lately trying to stir things up

#19 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Sad you young ones have no idea how the game is played off the ice.

#20 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Possible deals are B.S.. Everybody knows what Gillis is doing.

Everybody knew that the Luongo deal had to be done before or as the season started to not distract the team.

Seems Gillis didn't get the reality memo.

seriously the only ones distracting any thing is the media give it a rest and every one gets on the bandwagon with the media unsat..there is no contoversy I would love to have both this year and win the Stanley cup now that would be controversy

#21 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Spare me.The fans never made the decision to usurp Luo or let the media have at him without covering his back.
The fans never made the decision to trade Luo.
It suited Gillis and the media did what they do.It is no mystery,well,apparently some of you have yet to figure it out.
The controversy is because Gillis threw Luongo and then never delivered for all concerned.

#22 enterin

enterin

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:20 PM

Gillis had eight months to trade Luo.He never accomplished what Luo and Cory and the team expected and needed him to do.
Now it is a major distraction to the players and the team and will remain a distraction until Gillis finishes what he started.
This is all Gillis,all the time.

Your wrong as usual and Lou is still part of this team get over it

#23 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Banned
  • 9,149 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Your wrong as usual and Lou is still part of this team get over it

Luo is actually holding the team in so far.Get over what?

#24 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,970 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm glad Gillis said what he said.

First off it puts him ahead of all these wanna insiders who actually have nothing. All of them are probably saying.

*@$%^! I missed out on posting a luongo rumor"

2nd, Gillis is negotiating through the media. I just loved what he did. The fact he said that it means at least 2 teams are interested in Luongo, because it makes the other team think, and up their offer. Awesome move Gillis, guys like bob can screw himself.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#25 bobopan

bobopan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,532 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

I dont believe for a second anything MG said was nothing more than posturing. No way in hell he would say that if he truely had a deal in place.. If he does and what he says is the truth i am genuinelly surprised.

#26 Tragoedia

Tragoedia

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,404 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

Spare me.The fans never made the decision to usurp Luo or let the media have at him without covering his back.
The fans never made the decision to trade Luo.
It suited Gillis and the media did what they do.It is no mystery,well,apparently some of you have yet to figure it out.
The controversy is because Gillis threw Luongo and then never delivered for all concerned.

What could MG do to stop the media from their talking? Ask them to stop? That would only further incite them? Should he "LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!" him? He did say that he stood by Luongo and supported him, how is that not backing him up. The media will do what it does no matter what the GM says. Do you not think that if MG had the option to silence them about anything he would?
Of course the fans never made the decision to trade him. The fans don't make any decisions. What they can do is create an environment where a player no longer feels welcome.
Why would MG want to LOWER his value by slandering him? Wouldn't it be better for his interests to raise his value? You're logic makes no sense, but then again you never seem to make sense. You always will badmouth MG no matter what he does.

#27 rawkdrummer

rawkdrummer

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

I think as far as Gillis playing the media (and he was) in his last statement about a potential deal in place was him saying in so many words, "turn around is fair play"! Yes he's getting slammed for it in the media but MG and Av are giving it "right back at you" in their own way. I also enjoyed how AV says we have 2 number "1" goalies as if to say so which goalie are you referring to?

I love these guys! The Canucks will prevail!

#28 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,163 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

If you just didn't listen to the media, you'd be a lot calmer.

I recommend it. You don't like them? Don't listen. Ahhhhh, now isn't that relaxing?
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.