The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The media trying to put words in canucks management mouth

37yrsncounting

Why is the media trying to force the issues down the canucks management throat

1. The media is going crazy and ripping mg for saying that there is a deal in place for Luongo and how that causes problems for the team. But all mg said was that there was a 'potential' deal in place. Doesn't potential just mean there is a possiblility? There are all types of scenarios that can be 'potentially' played out. Why is the media trying to put words in mg's mouth?

2. Its a fact that the Canucks are trying to trade Luongo. It is also a fact that they signed Schneider to very good starter's money. It is also fact that Schneider started the first game of the year in Vancouver. Can the media NOT conclude from these facts that Cory Schneider is the defacto starting goalie for the Vancouver Canucks. As a fan, I have no doubt who the starter is. Besides, doesn't AV have the right to start whoever he feels has the best chance to win any given night. Yet the media is trying to pin blame on AV with playing headgames with Cory. Whats it got to do with the media? Maybe Cory knows he's the starter. Is it actually AV's job to satisfy media curiosity?

There is plenty to report about, but the media chooes to spin these stories so negatively and attack the people in charge. Is all this happening just because we are losing or what going with the usually canucks management friendly media?

This is nothing new, this media putting words in management's mouths thing or downright making up stuff in order to sell newspapers. It's disgusting and why the general public continues to support it by discussing it, or buying papers or registering on news websites defies understanding. When whatever comes out fof MG's mouth or AV's mouth that doesn't quite suit, they (the media) will twist it to generate more controversy and false interest. It's bull&*^%.

Hopefully MG is turning that same bull&*^% back on the media and is playing them for the blood sucking fools they are.

maybe gillis said too much but the truth is that the only contraversy is in the media....we all know how reporters can take a statement and turn it into something all together different...i trust gillis and AV to run this team..i doubt the media or any of us would lead this team to the prize...

In my opinion, I think he showed Toronto his cards. If this "potential deal", (whether or not it exists) doesn't go through then that could damage any leverage we had over the Burke dismissal.

However, I like what Gillis is willing to attempt. Luongo looked good on Sunday, and wherever he goes I believe he's gonna have something to prove. He's basically been politely run out of town. To me, putting that type of chip on an elite goalies shoulder is worth more than anyone named Tyler Bozak or Nazem Kadri.

Toronto is trigger shy I think, and it's cause of what happened in the Kessel trade..

In my opinion, I think he showed Toronto his cards. If this "potential deal", (whether or not it exists) doesn't go through then that could damage any leverage we had over the Burke dismissal.

However, I like what Gillis is willing to attempt. Luongo looked good on Sunday, and wherever he goes I believe he's gonna have something to prove. He's basically been politely run out of town. To me, putting that type of chip on an elite goalies shoulder is worth more than anyone named Tyler Bozak or Nazem Kadri.

Toronto is trigger shy I think, and it's cause of what happened in the Kessel trade..

The particular media you are talking about have delusions of grandeur - the Pope makes the ridiculous claim of being the official agent of God - TSN et al think they hold a similar position with respect to NHL GMs. They don't necessarily know what they are talking about - they're merely speculating for the most part, and attempting to stamp authority on their words. Entertaining but not necessarily worth taking very seriously.

Yes, MG started the booing fans by telling them to jeer. MG told the media to over analyze and criticize Luongo. That totally wasn't the media who started all that controversy. I don't think I have ever seen a post of yours that didn't appear like a troll post.

Archived