The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] NYI-MTL

c00kies

With rumours of Nino Niederreiter wanting out of New York and Montreal struggling to sign P.K., I figure a deal could benefit both teams.

To New York:

D- P.K. Subban

Conditional pick (2nd rounder if Subban doesn't sign)

To Montreal:

F- Nino Niederreiter

Potential Subban contract: 6.500M for 5 years.

Over-payment by the Islanders, but they can afford to give him an extra million dollars to solidify their back end.

This would help New York with their core defense (Streit, Subban, and Hamonic), but would also help Montreal by gaining a great young forward to play with Galchenyuk.

As I've said numerous times now, Visnovski isn't just refusing to play for the Isles, he wants to stay in Russia to be with his son while he has health issues. His son is due for surgery or therapy or something in early February and Vis has already agreed to come back to the NHL after that is taken care of.

As I've said numerous times now, Visnovski isn't just refusing to play for the Isles, he wants to stay in Russia to be with his son while he has health issues. His son is due for surgery or therapy or something in early February and Vis has already agreed to come back to the NHL after that is taken care of.

Archived