The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Brouwer

2013 first

wilson (the least potential of their 3 big forward prospects)

Luongo

-we finally solve the dilemma and the headache of a controversy, get his money off the books, we get younger and tougher, a cup winner and some help for the future. A bit of an underpayment but worth it IMO

heck I'd toss in Rodin

Brouwer

2013 first

Luongo

-we finally solve the dilemma and the headache of a controversy, get his money off the books, we get younger and tougher, a cup winner and some help for the future. A bit of an underpayment but worth it IMO

heck I'd toss in Rodin

Brouwer

2013 first

Luongo

heck I'd toss in Rodin

nube question here, but Luongo gets paid (not his cap hit) 6.375 per year currently and when he retires, he no longer gets paid. He is too egocentric to continue to play in the minors if someone waves him when he is old and crappy, so what is the main hung up over the contract? He max plays like 5-6 more years and that is an amount of money comparable to other great players.

What is the problem? I know I am missing something, just looking for some help.

Thanks

I still think it would be in our teams best interest to rotate our goalies every game. Keeps them fresh, keeps their trade appeal high assuming they both play great over the course of the year, which im sure they can do. I know its in our best interest to keep winning but I know both our goalies give us that chance every game. Even if they end the season playing approx 50/50 in 3 game spurts i think alternating them game by game is in the best of our club, and the most fair approach.

I just can't take it anymore. King of the ES, you are a complete and total knob. Everything you say is beyond my comprehension for how shortsighted, dull, and incorrect it is. When brought up with facts, you either try to bring up other, irrelevant stats, or completely ignore them. I used to think that you were just a kid trying to rile up some people here, but now I realize that you're nothing short of pathetic neckbeard. Your behaviour and such is cringe-worthy if you're anything short of 13. You make stupid ass decisions and jump on every. Single. Bandwagon that you find with any sort of negativity.

Christ. Some people's children.

nube question here, but Luongo gets paid (not his cap hit) 6.375 per year currently and when he retires, he no longer gets paid. He is too egocentric to continue to play in the minors if someone waves him when he is old and crappy, so what is the main hung up over the contract? He max plays like 5-6 more years and that is an amount of money comparable to other great players.

What is the problem? I know I am missing something, just looking for some help.

Thanks

Not sure why McPhee seems so committed to these crappy goalies? He doesn't have to g out and get Luongo, but any self respecting GM would go out and do something to upgrade that position.

Bernier is not the answer, he is less experienced than both WSH goalies in terms of playoff experience and less experienced than neuvirth in regular season action.

Way to go McPhee, stand idly by and watch your core of veterans lose a season due to pathetic goaltending

Archived