The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

See just above in the Minister's posts.

Funny, Steve Ott or Mike Ribeiro are attractive to me. They're high quality rentals, a notch above Torres or Bernier. They also would blow the cap as is, but no doubt we'll have someone on LTIR. And they're teams are the sort that they will have to give up on the season before they become, if they become, available.

Derek Roy or J Jagr if Dallas goes wayward, Weiss out of Florida when they do > Iginla if I dream a little (don't see us paying the price to acquire him).

I'd kick the tires on Vinny Prospal, maybe Anton Babchuck (him only if we had injuries), Kovalev.

Note > These are all rental suggestions at the deadline, not Lou primary value trades.

When you put it that way, yes, I agree. I suppose the point I was agreeing with was the goaltending tandem not being 'broke' but I do agree some grit/sandpaper/toughness would be ideal for a long playoff run and if that could be had without a Lou trade at this point then definitely MG should go for it. After watching After Hours last night it really sounded to me that Luo is comfortable with the situation as is - at this point and you cant argue with results. I'm not big on proposing trades and/or signings but might I ask who in your mind would foot the bill as far as an acquisition/trade for depth supposing the likes of Torres or Bernier were not available? (assuming the dogs are in a playoff hunt at that point because i'd personally love nothing more than Raffi re-joining this squad although I'm sure plenty of CDC members would oppose it)edit: I know you "proposed" Torres and Bernier, I only ask for maybe another name for conversations' sake, not to put anyone on the spot. :)

Y'know a funny story. I whinged big whinges about 4 years ago that we needed Joel Otto. Then Kesler came out from Sundin's wing if you believe all those who thought he was worth $10 mill...

We have a Joel Otto.

We also have a 5'7" 3rd line centre behind him. What we need is someone bigger for him to play with if he's our guy...

How about Mike Greene; who basically now sits behind Carlson but would be our best puck mover and right handed shot?

Plus his value is a bit off due to injuries the last few years. I proposed Lou for Greene and a first? Greene's hit is a tad lower than Lou's, so we have to shed some salary next year but would be awsome now (and we'd arguably have plenty of room to trade Ballard then).

Carlson is better than half our D right now. If we were to get him, we could then trade Ballard and acquire an upgrade to our top 9.

Going forward we will need a defenseman like him. He`s got top pairing defenseman written all over him. And as Hamhuis and Bieksa get older, we would need younger guys like him and Tanev to move up and play more minutes.

I would pass on Johansson. He`s not what we need for the third line. He really doesn't bring much more than Schroeder at this point.

But giving up Luongo and Raymond for those two is ridiculous. Johansson and Neuvirth is an underpayment just for Luongo. It would have to be more like Brouwer, Carlsson, Neuvirth for Luongo and Raymond.

:rolleyes: Yip, your right.

I was kind of hinting that Kess (healthy) might even be an upgrade on Joel Otto, because as yu say he also has speed, but also scores a fair bit more than Joel.

And edit; I also agree Morrow would be a major score!

I think Kesler's foot speed would be insulted with a comparison to Otto. LOL

No, I meant position players.

A player who isn't mentioned a lot that the Canucks should maybe be interested in is Thomas Kopecky...

6'3, 203 pounds. Can play C or W. Has playoff experience.

Although he doesn't take many draws his last years stats (52 percent) reflect an improvement over his days in Chitown..

Was 2nd on Florida in TAKEAWAYS last year with a ratio 60:27

He isn't physical enough, but he's a big body who is strong on the puck.

He's been averaging 17-18 minutes a night since joining Florida, which I think shows that he is reliable enough.

So far this year he has 6 points in 11 games.

Left-handed right winger who has the POTENTIAL to put up 30+ assists on a good line, might be a good 3rd member of the Booth - Kesler line.

Because of his versatility and the idea that the Canucks don't really have any holes to fill, having a guy who can play wherever might be key for injury depth in the playoffs..

Luongo, Raymond for Kopecky, Petrovic + __________

Hmm. Sorry, rambling.

How about Mike Greene; who basically now sits behind Carlson but would be our best puck mover and right handed shot?

Plus his value is a bit off due to injuries the last few years. I proposed Lou for Greene and a first? Greene's hit is a tad lower than Lou's, so we have to shed some salary next year but would be awsome now (and we'd arguably have plenty of room to trade Ballard then).

See just above in the Minister's posts.

Funny, Steve Ott or Mike Ribeiro are attractive to me. They're high quality rentals, a notch above Torres or Bernier. They also would blow the cap as is, but no doubt we'll have someone on LTIR. And they're teams are the sort that they will have to give up on the season before they become, if they become, available.

Derek Roy or J Jagr if Dallas goes wayward, Weiss out of Florida when they do > Iginla if I dream a little (don't see us paying the price to acquire him).

I'd kick the tires on Vinny Prospal, maybe Anton Babchuck (him only if we had injuries), Kovalev.

Note > These are all rental suggestions at the deadline, not Lou primary value trades.

Is there really a point having a discussion with trolls, who with their obsessive idolizing of Lu, come to this thread and post nonsense garbage after nonsense garbage?

Tells me "great contribution", while illiogical trolls post garbage like "trade Schneids" when clearly its a thread about "Lu who is soon to be traded." Or you ppl post Lu is such a "good guy," like you are his personal house maid or something..

Then you want ppl to respond to trolls like you and 101? get real, there is no logical or factually understanding with your type, just blind obsession. This is why trolls get the "facepalm"

Name brand + high cost but I like Jagr!

If you took Crosby, Sedin, Malkin, Thornton, Datsyuk, St Louis, Zetterburg and Sedin as the top 8 passers in the league. How many respondants would still pick Jagr in the top 10?

If you wanted a cup; a 230 lb body that could kick start the Kesler line or trade tic tac toe saucer passes with the Twins; who else in the world would be better? Oh, he's a 230 lb right wing, where we need him...

But hey, that's not a Lou discussion.

Of the players you mentioned the two bolded definitely strike me the best rental choices (IMO) should they be available. Sure-fire impact players that can fill in and make a difference when the going gets muddy out there.

Archived