The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Depending on what the package is his ability to read the play could be really good this year with Kesler & Booth, also running the 2nd PP as a center (with Kassian & ________).

In the future him & Kassian might make 2/3rds of a really awesome line.

Johansson has a 50-65 point ceiling IMO, so he would help now and in the future. The biggest risk I would see with him is his unflattering playoff numbers so far.

Johansson, Neuvirth & a 1st for Luongo? Is that worth it or would the Canucks be better off this year with Lu as backup?

If Jannik was on a less deep team I think his contributions would be more recognizable. As t is, he's our most consistent PKer and is the best forechecker on the team. I'm not sure of his turnover to takeaway stats but observationally he is a threat to steal the puck every time he is on the ice.

I'm 36 and never owned a jersey until last year. I proudly sport my #36 blue stick-in-rink whenever I can.

I like the option?

Can't see a Lou trade here; Josh Bailey is a bit stunted in terms of his development. My guess is he'd still give JS a good run for his money and competition is good. Mo Jo is about my low point on a prospect as the signature return on a Lou move.

And with Mojo I'm looking for obvious other value. With Bjugstad less...

Would anyone trade a 1st, likely a a late first rounder for Bailey? He needs some fixing, but there was the talent that saw him picked before Hodgson, Tyler Myers, Eberle..., He'd also be ready, if ever, in the next year versus waiting 4 or more years...

If not that, what (which would be fair)?

The real problem with the Lou trade is twofold;

The publicity, not the money, is the problem. These owners and GM's throw this kind of money around all the time. Its a consideration, not a big deal. The real problem is the publicity, like trading Danny Heatley when he wants out of Ottawa.

The second problem, is assessing the real risk! Which Lou are u getting? The one who is calm, cool, collected, has a swagger even and a career .920 ish save %. By far this is the best in the current NHL amongst guys with tenure. Or Lou who needs his tires pumped, doesn't get it, then woofs the bed at the biggest moments.

When Lou came back and beat Chicago after being humbled by Schneider starting a game, I thought he might have matured enough. But here he is, doing a great job of hiding it, but pouting again cuz Schneider stole his spot. There are signs he will melt down again; and make no mistake that is also the real reason Lou is the one on the block!

exactly- SY is a duffs, the only D men that can make up for poor goaltending are true hall of famer #1 D men, and even then it is often not enough.

The only one that truly comes to mind is Chris Pronger with Edmonton (Roloson) and Philly (the cluster F of goalies they had- Boucher, Leighton, Babrovsky...)

like I said, these GMs are in denial and I am not sure what the problem is becuase Luongo can help all these guys, and if he retires early the canucks help out with some of the contract anyway...

I think there really is some personal stuff going on here, other GMs do not want to make the canucks stronger by knowingly giving MG what he is asking for, they want to pull the wool over his eyes

Agreed!

Or Mike Green instead of Orlov if we're willing to shed $'s elsewhere (Ballard, Booth) next year. I don't think we'll get Alzner or Carlson; but I see the attraction!

Old News (I think?) suggested we should hold out for one of them...

Whats your comparison on MoJo versus Kadri?

Not sure yet. I asked NYI fans in a thread saying that he was avaliable and I haven't got a clear answer.

He isn't worth this years first IMO.

As for Mojo, he is probably on Bailey's level, just struggling, he is still a solid NHLer, I think a fair deal would be:

Johansson, Orlov for Luongo (Could throw Nuevirth in for a goalie aswell)

When Lou came back and beat Chicago after being humbled by Schneider starting a game, I thought he might have matured enough. But here he is, doing a great job of hiding it, but pouting again cuz Schneider stole his spot. There are signs he will melt down again; and make no mistake that is also the real reason Lou is the one on the block!

we just need a player that helps us now (Brouwer, Laich, Carlson, Alzner, NOT Mojo, orlov, green) and a 2013 first and they can toss in which every crappy-ass goaltender they want bc both are junk

we can throw in Higgins or Raymond and if they give us a D man (Carlson or Alzner) Id toss in Cannauton bc we are so deep on the L side and have corrado coming up

Dream trade

Brouwer

Laich

Neuvirth

1st

for

Luongo

Booth

Cannauton

minimum

Brouwer, 1st for Luongo

happy medium

Brouwer, Neuvirth, 1st for Luongo, Higgins

I really don't understand how anyone who knows what the Canuck's needs are....would want Johansson.

NHL.com has him listed at 6'1 205, but other sites have him at 5'11 and under 200. I am sure his size is inflated ALONG with his points since he played a lot of minutes with Ovi and Semin last year.

He is soft, relatively small and not good enough for OUR top 6. MEANING he would be a 3rd line guy, in spot where we need GRIT.

The only current roster forward I would want from the Caps is Brouwer. A cup winner, 6'3 213, hits, fights when needed and puts up decent points. He is a guy that can play on the 2nd OR 3rd line no problem.

We already have Schroeder who is the same age and plays the same position.

Makes NO sense. The Caps might want him gone, doesn't mean we are going to pick him up.

I honestly don't want any more roster players atm. I'm ready to sit back and wait for the kuznetsov's or the forsbergs + a pick come running our way. Johanssen's a great player, but do we honestly want to set back schroeder another year given his amazing play so far?

Please answer me there.

I'd like to wait until draft day to make a deal for roster players, seeing as we'll probably need to let go of/ buy out some players for the new cap, but if we're going to make a deal right now, i'd prefer prospects+picks.

Archived