The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I wonder if Buffalo may get into the picture for Lu?

They have the money and have Ryan Miller signed for this year and next year.

They're in an obvious tail spin and have some assets.

Tyler Myers a guy with size and a right handed shot that we so desperately need, Steve Ott and a 1st

for

Luongo, Raymond and Ballard.

Myers is going to be healthy scratch and is obviously not playing well for them right now. He would give us size and has a lot of potential. The only problem I have is that we have way too much money in our d guys but our D if Myers plays to his potential would be amazing.

The other option would be,

Myers, Ott, Foligno and a 1st or 2nd

For

Luongo, Raymond and Edler.

That seems fair for both teams in my opinion. The other good thing is that we have a pretty good trading history with the Sabres and I would like to think the 2 gms feel pretty good about their past deal.

I wonder if Buffalo may get into the picture for Lu?

They have the money and have Ryan Miller signed for this year and next year.

They're in an obvious tail spin and have some assets.

Tyler Myers a guy with size and a right handed shot that we so desperately need, Steve Ott and a 1st

for

Luongo, Raymond and Ballard.

Myers is going to be healthy scratch and is obviously not playing well for them right now. He would give us size and has a lot of potential. The only problem I have is that we have way too much money in our d guys but our D if Myers plays to his potential would be amazing.

The other option would be,

Myers, Ott, Foligno and a 1st or 2nd

For

Luongo, Raymond and Edler.

That seems fair for both teams in my opinion. The other good thing is that we have a pretty good trading history with the Sabres and I would like to think the 2 gms feel pretty good about their past deal.

I'm not completely sold on Ott at all, I'm just saying that a physical presence who can put up the same amount of points as Raymond plus has proven playoff numbers would be a CLEAR UPGRADE and when a team is really gunning for the cup, if there's an upgrade available they should take it..

I think of Brouwer vs. Raymond in the playoffs... Brouwer has had a least 1 super successful run with the Hawks and although his offensive stats weren't great with the Caps, he was still 5th amongst forwards in points for them.. whereas Raymond was 8th amongst Canucks forwards during the cup run.. but the important part is stats-aside, when Raymond hasn't produced in the PLAYOFFS he has not been all that useful, he's been very perimeter and basically always the lowest scorer on his line (incl. the Wellwood/Bernier 3rd line), whereas Brouwer can play a bottom-6 role and when he's not producing throw hits, wear down the opposition, which is something that always happens AGAINST the Canucks in the end. When Raymond isn't producing in the reg. season it is less noticeable, but the playoffs it is very obvious and an obvious hole at that.

I know CDC as a consensus seems to forget the past when a player is putting up decent stats.. (Raymond 4 points last 3 games), but to think that there is no risk with him going into the playoffs is just foolish.. The Canucks should try to be as risk-free as possible even if that means giving up a small piece of the future, because teams only have this much depth every once & a while..

Brouwer > Raymond for the Canucks in the upcoming playoffs. That is my main point.

Look, I'm not trying to inflame things by posting; but the request is there. I don't think these interviews reflect the mind set of a guy you are hoping to lead you to a championship. And I believe, because we made Lou the single highest paid player in the world for 2010/2011 at $10 mill, that we should expect him not to get caught up in not having his tires pumped.

Does anyone think that was not a mental distraction for Lou? He came out and crapped it the next game, and while not the reason for our game 7 loss, was not a solution either. You want the worlds highest paid player leading your team; not get caught up in distractions.

Check the save % in a big game; the real logic...

Anyone want to check Lou's save % after these interviews?

"We're going to talk to Mike in the next few days and draw up a plan." As politically correct as this is said, or how even better it has been said recently; the reality is Lou, who we gave a $60 mill contract, clearly wanted out."

Does not get a start and wants out...

Read between the lines and tell me how its a positive? You can give him all the credit in the world for trying to recover a positive from it since, but its still a bad message...

I was just going to chime in with somethibng similar.

Please CS, feel free to show us an example of Luongo "pouting". If you watched After Hours on Saturday, you saw a goalie doing and saying all the right things, even joking with his coach as AV passed by the set...

we just need a player that helps us now (Brouwer, Laich, Carlson, Alzner, NOT Mojo, orlov, green) and a 2013 first and they can toss in which every crappy-ass goaltender they want bc both are junk

we can throw in Higgins or Raymond and if they give us a D man (Carlson or Alzner) Id toss in Cannauton bc we are so deep on the L side and have corrado coming up

Dream trade

Brouwer

Laich

Neuvirth

1st

for

Luongo

Booth

Cannauton

minimum

Brouwer, 1st for Luongo

happy medium

Brouwer, Neuvirth, 1st for Luongo, Higgins

Damien Cox: "You couldn't even do Kadri-for-Luongo straight up now. Kadri for Cory Schneider, maybe."

That is pathetic. Leafs "insiders" are nothing short of jokes. Hate on Kadri since the day he was drafted, suddenly he's worth more than two elite goaltenders - all because of a hot streak. Joke of a fanbase. Wanted to trade Kessel because he didn't score for a few games, too.

Damien Cox: "You couldn't even do Kadri-for-Luongo straight up now. Kadri for Cory Schneider, maybe."

That is pathetic. Leafs "insiders" are nothing short of jokes. Hate on Kadri since the day he was drafted, suddenly he's worth more than two elite goaltenders - all because of a hot streak. Joke of a fanbase. Wanted to trade Kessel because he didn't score for a few games, too.

I don't know why anyone is surprised here. According to leafs nation kessle could win art/hart/richard reimer is vezna worthy kadri and gardiner should have won calder and phaneuf is due for the norris... yet with this "stacked" team they cant even play in may

Archived