The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Damien Cox might just be the dumbest a$$ person making a living to speak publicly about hockey - and that's saying a lot coming from a place where Tony Gallagher and Jason Botchford can be read and heard on a regular basis.

Damien Cox @DamoSpin

You can blame the Leafs for many, many things. How anyone can blame them for Kadri showing up to camp out of shape is beyond me.

8:16 PM - 28 Sep 12

Now Cox is on the Kadri wagon again. For an 'insider/expert', Cox sure is subject to changes in the weather.

Damien Cox: "You couldn't even do Kadri-for-Luongo straight up now. Kadri for Cory Schneider, maybe."

Ahahaha! Priceless. Apparently Kadri is now priceless lol.

Hey, you guys need Kadri way, way, way, way more than the Canucks do - so do us all a favour and don't use the words Luongo and Kadri in the same sentence anymore.

And the timing of talking that s#!t about Luongo couldn't have turned out to be dumber, could it?

Lou wants out; how else do you want it spelled out?

This would all be relevant if we had been talking about two years ago, but we weren't. You were claiming that Luongo was pouting right now. If you can find some video of that occurring, we'd all love to see it.

True that; but the problem with threesomes is someone usually spits the dummy early; leaving the third party in the lurch?

:lol:

So far it looks like the best play for Gillis could have been Luongo for Schenn and some other pieces, and swapping him for JVR.

JVR is breaking out this year with 8 goals in 13 games. I thought last year would be the year for him, but I guess it's this year. Philly was dumb to give up on him at 23, at least they should have got more for him than Schenn.

JVR - Kesler - Booth, or JVR - Kesler - Kassian would have been a beastly second line.

Damien Cox might just be the dumbest a$$ person making a living to speak publicly about hockey - and that's saying a lot coming from a place where Tony Gallagher and Jason Botchford can be read and heard on a regular basis.

Damien Cox @DamoSpin

You can blame the Leafs for many, many things. How anyone can blame them for Kadri showing up to camp out of shape is beyond me.

8:16 PM - 28 Sep 12

Now Cox is on the Kadri wagon again. For an 'insider/expert', Cox sure is subject to changes in the weather.

Damien Cox: "You couldn't even do Kadri-for-Luongo straight up now. Kadri for Cory Schneider, maybe."

Ahahaha! Priceless. Apparently Kadri is now priceless lol.

Hey, you guys need Kadri way, way, way, way more than the Canucks do - so do us all a favour and don't use the words Luongo and Kadri in the same sentence anymore.

And the timing of talking that s#!t about Luongo couldn't have turned out to be dumber, could it?

just turned on hockey central at noon on sportsnet1 and caught the very end of a gillis interview.. i didnt hear much but after they were saying they got some good insight and love talking to mike. i checked the listings and its on again on sportsnet pacific and west at 2.

only part i heard was they asked him if there was still a mystery team involved and gillis said "you would be surprised the amount of interest we have in our goalies"

he also said something about being happy with the team right now and they wont make a move and disrupt what they have right now unless it significantly improves the team.

I'll try to watch it again at 2 and give a better summary

edit: i think this is it http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/2013/02/12/nhl_vancouver_canucks_mike_gillis_on_hockey_central_at_noon/

Ok; lets think this through. Multiple choice might help?

Option A Lou is thrilled with everything so he wants out?

Option B His sense of manhood is challenged by being sat in favour of another goalie, so he wants out?

I'm going with B... And I call it pouting!

I suppose your entitled to your own perception of things.

And thanks D Money! I kacked myself laughing!

QCpan.png

That's irrelevant to thew conversation. You said he was "pouting". I challenged to to provide some evidence, which you have been unable to do.

Now you're attempting to deflect the debate into a different area to try and support your baseless claim.

Yeah...no.

The problem in Philly isn't Bryzgalov - at least, not to the point where they'd buy him out. They have other pressing problems.

I think their problems stem from their D. Timonen is the only reliable guy at kickstarting offense from his own zone - let alone getting the puck out. They miss Carle's and Meszaros' puckmoving ability. Brayden Coburn leads the league in giveaways with 16 already, and Luke Schenn is 9th with 13. Those guys are supposed to be defensively sound.

The entire Philadelphia defense corps has a total of 57 giveaways. Compare that with our supposedly turnover-happy guys in Vancouver, who have 35.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "You talk to general managers all the time... You'd be surprised the number of teams that have inquired about our goalies." Plural.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis on a Luongo buyout: "Absolutely not." Never even discussed.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "Every team you're talking to about a potential trade includes a player you might not want or manages their cap situation as well."

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: Time to do something with goalie situation will be the summer.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "Doing the right thing by the two guys changes during the off-season."

@SNHockeyCentral: Mike Gillis: "If there wasn't a deal for us that made sense, we were going to keep both of them in a shortened season."

They will both be here for the rest of the season, end of thread

Ok; lets think this through. Multiple choice might help?

Option A Lou is thrilled with everything so he wants out?

Option B His sense of manhood is challenged by being sat in favour of another goalie, so he wants out?

I'm going with B... And I call it pouting!

I suppose your entitled to your own perception of things.

And thanks D Money! I kacked myself laughing!

QCpan.png

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "You talk to general managers all the time... You'd be surprised the number of teams that have inquired about our goalies." Plural.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis on a Luongo buyout: "Absolutely not." Never even discussed.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "Every team you're talking to about a potential trade includes a player you might not want or manages their cap situation as well."

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: Time to do something with goalie situation will be the summer.

@SNHockeyCentral: Gillis: "Doing the right thing by the two guys changes during the off-season."

@SNHockeyCentral: Mike Gillis: "If there wasn't a deal for us that made sense, we were going to keep both of them in a shortened season."

They will both be here for the rest of the season, end of thread

Archived