The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

You really shouldn't be that shocked if you look at their centres. Ennis? Hodgson? Talk about nightmare matchups against centres like Malkin, Crosby, Giroux, Lecavalier, Stamkos, Bergeron, Krejci, B. Richards, E. Staal, J. Staal etc etc.

On top of that they have an over the hill Regher and four offensive defencemen (Myers, Ehrhoff, Leopold, Sulzer). Sekera is the only guy that can play a reliable two-way game. Miller has been left out to dry all year.

Gradin was apparently pushing Gillis to take Rodin in the first round, but Gillis couldn't pass on Schroeder because he was originally projected as a top 10-15 pick.

Gradin ended up getting Rodin in the second round anyways. And so far that pick isn't looking as promising as I once thought.

ya he sounded like he was gonna turn into something special.

also just noticed, brouwer drafted 7th round. i mean a whl guy with size 49 pts in 72gp. We dont take a flyer on someone with his size that late? instead in round 4 we take Andrew Sarauer, 5th round mike brown, 6th round Julien Ellis. Gee those guys sure turned into something, wish we never traded brown, but the other two lol great drafting i tell ya. The late rounds is where you have to find a gem if ur lucky like detroit or someone who can pan out like brouwer. instead we draft duds later on.

I truly feel our scouting staff needs to be overhauled

why did we use to have 9 rounds and now only 7 for drafting?

ya he sounded like he was gonna turn into something special.

also just noticed, brouwer drafted 7th round. i mean a whl guy with size 49 pts in 72gp. We dont take a flyer on someone with his size that late? instead in round 4 we take Andrew Sarauer, 5th round mike brown, 6th round Julien Ellis. Gee those guys sure turned into something, wish we never traded brown, but the other two lol great drafting i tell ya. The late rounds is where you have to find a gem if ur lucky like detroit or someone who can pan out like brouwer. instead we draft duds later on.

I truly feel our scouting staff needs to be overhauled

why did we use to have 9 rounds and now only 7 for drafting?

Well; Thanks for the response. My defence is I played several media interviews which referenced Lou clearly inferring he wanted out. Me, i thought / still think that a guy asking out, lets use not happy versus pouting, who just got a fat contract is putting us on the spot for his own agenda. I cut the slant on trash talk.

If u have a reference to this Galagher article, I'm out of the country, I would appreciate it? Your saying it will say Hodgson's agent planted it, not just that Galagher reported it and kept his source private?

Personally I heard lots of speculation he wanted out. But there were lots of concepts as to why...

Ok Surfer - you asked a question that I'll answer, but this is pretty much the last I care to engage on this.

I don't see what Gallagher wrote regarding demands to be traded (in December) as a result of conversations with Hodgson's agent to be "kept behind closed doors." That context was initiated entirely by the player's representation.

Luo was scrummed after the playoff loss and asked to waive in traditional Vancouver troll-media fashion - he answered diplomatically - and regardless, what has happened was simply in the cards; it's not of Luongo's doing. The Canucks have two starters - everyone knows this - to try to blame Luongo for 'handcuffing' the Canucks is slanted.

If you want to protest about eliciting the type of responses you have, perhaps you should avoid the kind of inflammatory comments regarding "challenged manhood", "pouting" etc that you persist with. You're trash-talking - it's a common thing in hockey - but in some people's eyes it's borderline trolling given you can't back any of it up with actual comments or context. I'm not going to protest that you aren't being polite enough, but you coming back and whining about the response is pretty weak.

beauty goaltending display by holtby- 1st, 3rd, 5th goals are not goals an NHL goaltender should give up...clemensen just wow, not sure why he got the full 60min...maybe because it is theodore on the bench.

This was just hysterical that both teams are moving forward with this goaltending mwahahahhahahahah

Mean while Luongo plays stellar in another Canucks victory.

I love it.

Tallon and McPhee make like Jobe and "taste the sad"

Did you watch Afterhours? Luongo pretty clearly said that Schneider has made him better - that his calmness and poise has rubbed off. They've made each other better - simple as that. No need to keep beating this Schneider vs Luongo drum - they're team-mates, they both want to play and win, and they aren't small enough to envy each other's strengths.

beauty goaltending display by holtby- 1st, 3rd, 5th goals are not goals an NHL goaltender should give up...clemensen just wow, not sure why he got the full 60min...maybe because it is theodore on the bench.

This was just hysterical that both teams are moving forward with this goaltending mwahahahhahahahah

Mean while Luongo plays stellar in another Canucks victory.

I love it.

Tallon and McPhee make like Jobe and "taste the sad"

Archived