The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

People who don't think we can get forsberg as part of a deal for Lou..

Do you think Washington would have been happy to trade Varlamov for Lou? Id say so, what did they get for him? a 1 and a 2

So its not incomprehensible that we see Johansson and Forsberg for Lou and someone else...

Tamby > Ebbett.

I would rather sign Tamby then just waive Ebbett myself, Schroeder is better than Ebbett so I don't see a need for Ebbett as a depth center, and Tamby can bring alot more, he's great in shootouts, great on the 4th line, has more speed, more grit, and can jump into the top 6 when needed.

I thin Washington makes the absolute most sense for Luongo. I don't know their team well enough to say who Gillis would want back but I know they have one player he covets - Troy Brouwer. Gillis tried to get Brouwer but Chicago traded him to Washington instead. I'm not saying Luongo for Brouwer straight up, but TB could be part of the package.

There are many teams interested,just most of them can not give us what we want.TML for example will not get Luo unless they are willing to give us one of the three players we are asking for, a minor league young gun, plus 3 1st's or something to that effect.I still think that Luo will hold out till Florida makes a decent offer to us.MG has to tell luo that Florida is out before anyone else gets a crack at getting him or luo will say "NO" like he will to the leafs and sorry to say any great player would not want to play there as the team is.

I have to think that if this is true Montreal would take that deal SO fast. They're pretty small down the middle, could use a big guy like Couturier. Not to mention they've been nickel and dime negotiating with Subban when they could acquire a guy who's still on his ELC.

I was one of those fans who was calling for Lu to be moved .. I thought he choked in big games, and was an egotistical person from the way he acted in interviews .. I must admit now that I had him wrong . He seems to have found humility , and has shown how much he cares about his teammates . He could easily have barked publicly for a trade and made it very difficult for the canucks to get any worth in return .. But instead he has acted with grace and class . Hes given this team a chance to better itself ,and I think it was pretty selfless .. Honest , whatever happens Ill be a fan of the man .. Heres hoping that the team thats lucky enough to get him appreciates what they have ,and When we receive a player that helps us on our way to the cup, we will owe him a debt of gratitude .

Archived