The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

More imaginative observers link the Blues with Vancouver Canucks netminder Roberto Luongo.

St. Louis has the cap space to absorb Luongo’s contract and a depth in young talent to interest the Canucks, plus Halak ($3.75 million) and Elliott ($1.8 million) have only a year remaining on their contracts.

Such a move, however, depends on Armstrong's level of desperation, Luongo's willingness to go to St. Louis, and whether or not Blues ownership wants to invest in a 33-year-old goalie with an average annual salary of $5.33 million over the next 10 years.

another laugher by holtby- aside from one nice glove save, he like a solid AHL goalie- could not track the puck , a step behind the play most of the night.

all 3 goals were laughers, he had no clue what he was doing.

1.I am baffled that McPhee thinks that his core group is ok with tis kind of goaltending.

2. Why do they even bother playing Holtby so much?? Neuvirth isnt great but he sucks far less

3.I reccomend at least watching the highlights- some of the goals these guys manage to let in a HILARIOUS- honestly-it is a real treat as you do not get to see such poor goaltending at this level.

Amazing

OK :towel:

Is it too much to ask for Tarasenko if we chip in Raymond...

But seriously; I don't see why St Louis would not be re-signing Halak or Elliot before they gave up assets for a signed guy. They can also play them till their contracts expire, and acquire someone like Bryzgalov for a similar cap hit. Completely irrelevant, everyone thought Bryzzy was funnier than Lou until just recently!

:wacko:

All that said Berglund is otherwise fair value for Lou; but it's all pretty far fetched?

Fun conversation though!

Patrick Berglund k thx.

OK :towel:

Is it too much to ask for Tarasenko if we chip in Raymond...

But seriously; I don't see why St Louis would not be re-signing Halak or Elliot before they gave up assets for a signed guy. They can also play them till their contracts expire, and acquire someone like Bryzgalov for a similar cap hit. Completely irrelevant, everyone thought he was funnier than Lou until just recently!

:wacko:

All that said Berglund is otherwise fair value for Lou; but it's all pretty far fetched?

Fun conversation though!

Halak and Stewart for Luongo.

Melanson can get back to fixing whatever has gone wrong for Jaro since he left Montreal (in fact there was an article that said Halak approached Melanson for help when STL was here last year).

Hitchcock had him as the starter and then Halak pulled the plug in the pregame skate. Reports started coming out that he just didn't want to play. There could be a fractious relationship there...

If Philadelphia really wanted to get rid of Bryzgalov, this would be the time. If the reports out there are true, Bryzgalov would be a great fit in St.Louis. He would fit there system perfectly and I'm sure Philadelphia could get a decent return for him.

That would open the doors to Luongo going to Philadephia. I think a 3 way trade is the way this Luongo trade will go down. Not neccesarily the the teams I'm mentioning now but something along those lines.

If Philadelphia really wanted to get rid of Bryzgalov, this would be the time. If the reports out there are true, Bryzgalov would be a great fit in St.Louis. He would fit there system perfectly and I'm sure Philadelphia could get a decent return for him.

That would open the doors to Luongo going to Philadephia. I think a 3 way trade is the way this Luongo trade will go down. Not neccesarily the the teams I'm mentioning now but something along those lines.

Archived