The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I don't know about that, I would say they are close (Jaskin and Rattie) it is just a matter of preference. In your deal it would have to be Jaskin and then some.

Oh and Schwartz value is at an all time low, he could be in the deal but I would rather Jaskin than him honestly.

To St.Louis:

Luongo

Higgins

Connaughton

To Van:

Stewart

Rattie

--

Hitchcock would love Higgins' defensive play and a reliable forward. We get an inconsistent powerforward but with alot of upside and add more toughness to the lineup.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Raymond - Schroeder - Hansen

Weise - Lappiere - Stewart

If St Louis wants Schneider, imo they'd better be prepared to part with Pietrangelo or a couple players like Steen (who can move around forward positions) and Cole (a solid young two way blueliner who gives the Canucks more options in the summer) - anything short and I can't imagine Gilis giving them one of our goaltenders - in other words, I don't see a deal with St Louis being in the cards.

Schneider to ST Louis makes a lot of sense,

St Louis has a lot of niece pieces that would serve as big upgrades. I am not sure that they have had it with their goaltending tho- I think they feel it deserves more of a chance.

I like Pietrangelo but he is their franchise player and I doubt they move him.

Backes has had some trouble with that team and management a little and Gillis offersheet him all those years ago so we know that Gillis likes him. Backes is 28 now and I am a bit surprised he is not more of a dominating force in the NHL- I thought he'd be better.

That being said, teams do not move their captain and best forward just because a team is struggling.

1st choice

-package for Pietrangelo

Schneider

2014 first

Booth

Cannauton

for

Pietrangelo

other pieces worth discussing

backes

oshie

steen

Rattie

after checking out the league standings and seeing how little the canucks are scoring compared to teams like the St. Louis blues, chicago blackhawks, etc...it makes me really wondering why Gillis thinks we would benefit so much from having one goaltender making 4-5 mill on the bench each night.

Our scoring is dependent on the sedins and Kassian who is really still learning the league. We do not utilize Garrison at all...

so offensively how much more does this team want to undermine itself.

Yes we can wait for Kesler to return to form, booth as well, but the fact is we lack scoring depth and we have a grade A asset on the bench each night.

Do we really want to waste this year of the "sedin window?"

There are alot of offensive players out there and crap teams and instead of trying to fill multiple roles with mediocre players via trade:

ex: Luongo for a back up goalie, a pick and a top 9 player, (brouwer, first, Neuvirth-which I had considered until I realized we dont score)

I think we need to get a grade A asset for a grade A asset

schneider, first, Cannauton, Booth, for Backes 3rd.

schneider, Cannauton for Steen, Rattie, first

after checking out the league standings and seeing how little the canucks are scoring compared to teams like the St. Louis blues, chicago blackhawks, etc...it makes me really wondering why Gillis thinks we would benefit so much from having one goaltender making 4-5 mill on the bench each night.

Our scoring is dependent on the sedins and Kassian who is really still learning the league. We do not utilize Garrison at all...

so offensively how much more does this team want to undermine itself.

Yes we can wait for Kesler to return to form, booth as well, but the fact is we lack scoring depth and we have a grade A asset on the bench each night.

Do we really want to waste this year of the "sedin window?"

There are alot of offensive players out there and crap teams and instead of trying to fill multiple roles with mediocre players via trade:

ex: Luongo for a back up goalie, a pick and a top 9 player, (brouwer, first, Neuvirth-which I had considered until I realized we dont score)

I think we need to get a grade A asset for a grade A asset

schneider, first, Cannauton, Booth, for Backes 3rd.

schneider, Cannauton for Steen, Rattie, first

Archived