• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

3,021 posts in this topic

Schneider to ST Louis makes a lot of sense,

St Louis has a lot of niece pieces that would serve as big upgrades. I am not sure that they have had it with their goaltending tho- I think they feel it deserves more of a chance.

I like Pietrangelo but he is their franchise player and I doubt they move him.

Backes has had some trouble with that team and management a little and Gillis offersheet him all those years ago so we know that Gillis likes him. Backes is 28 now and I am a bit surprised he is not more of a dominating force in the NHL- I thought he'd be better.

That being said, teams do not move their captain and best forward just because a team is struggling.

1st choice

-package for Pietrangelo

Schneider

2014 first

Booth

Cannauton

for

Pietrangelo

other pieces worth discussing

backes

oshie

steen

Rattie

I see you have turned a "Luongo trade thread" into one where you appear to assume it is a given that Cory is to be traded. Maybe you should start a thread on that?!!

We have Stanley cup depth on the wings already.

the difference between Stewart and Higgins isn't worth Luongo.

Florida vs Tampa right now

Behind the benches, between the blue lines there appears to be about 20 fans...most expensive seats in the house are empty and their goalie is looking like a spaghetti strainer again (2 in the first ten mins).

If they can't understand the value of getting Lou back, I'm not sure whats going through their heads...

Oh by the way....for anyone still suggesting Schnieder will be moved

let me remind you

LOU ASKED TO BE TRADED AND HAS PUBLICLY STATED ON CBC AFTER HOURS HE IS WILLING TO GO WHERE EVER IS BEST FOR THE TEAM

I KNOW YOU ARE IN DENIAL BUT BED HAS BEEN MADE, HE WANTS OUT, TEAMS DON'T LIKE KEEPING PLAYERS THAT WANT OUT

IF YOU NEED A PRECEDENT OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE STUCK AROUND LONGER AND BEEN 'TEAM PLAYERS' WHILE A GOOD DEAL IS MADE PLEASE SEE RICK NASH

End the stupidity please.

let me remind you

LOU ASKED TO BE TRADED AND HAS PUBLICLY STATED ON CBC AFTER HOURS HE IS WILLING TO GO WHERE EVER IS BEST FOR THE TEAM

I KNOW YOU ARE IN DENIAL BUT BED HAS BEEN MADE, HE WANTS OUT, TEAMS DON'T LIKE KEEPING PLAYERS THAT WANT OUT

IF YOU NEED A PRECEDENT OF PLAYERS WHO HAVE STUCK AROUND LONGER AND BEEN 'TEAM PLAYERS' WHILE A GOOD DEAL IS MADE PLEASE SEE RICK NASH

lol no he didn't and he even hinted at wanting to stay here and win a cup if the team is at the top of the league come March or April and has a good shot at it. end your stupidity please

lol no he didn't and he even hinted at wanting to stay here and win a cup if the team is at the top of the league come March or April and has a good shot at it. end your stupidity please

let me remind you

He said he would do whats best for the team and if that meant accepting a trade he would do it. Don't be delusional. He will be the one traded at some point. It could be tonight, it could be in the summer, but he will be the one who is gone

The southeast division is amazing!!! Perhpas the worst collection of goaltending that has occured in the past decade

FLA vs TB another laugher as far as goaltending...Lindback and Theodore, both "number 1 goalies" are more than struggling, they are down right awful.

I like Luongo's battle level-lets not forget he has always been better than schneider at every age it is not really comparable.

I dont like seeing us struggling to score and having too many lefty Ds when we have schneider on the bench- he should have been traded a while ago.

schneider for Huberdeau

schneider, Raymond and 2014 first for Bjugstad, Mathias, 2013 1st.

Raymond would do well in the SE because no one plays D and the goaltenders suck

Schneider for John Carlsson

there are so many teams out there with poor goaltending...why is there no trade to be had??

Pietrangelo isn't happening.

If we want Pietrangelo we are going to have to add Kesler or Edler to Schneider.

We are talking about probably the best young Dman under 25 in the entire league. That isn't going to happen.

He's about as unmovable for them as the Sedins are for us.

Luongo is the goalie that will propably get traded.

The ONLY way I can see Schneider getting traded, is if we can get a player like, Perry or Getzlaf or Ryan or Backes. If it something that knocks Gillis off his feet.

These Schneider proposals you guys are putting together aren't even close and would never happen unless it's a blue chip player.

You're making it sound like the way it was with Pavel Bure back in the day. Bure wanted nothing to do with us anymore.

Luongo loves his teamates and loves the city. Luongo just wants to play and be a starter. If Luongo really wanted out of here, he would not play and sit out until he was traded.

So two Schneider trade threads, both locked. When will people learn Schneids won't be traded???