The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I'm not as sold on the Brule idea though. If he was more capable than who we already have, he would have been picked up by a lesser team probably already. If we run into injury problems (knock on wood) I could see us having to look for more depth, but if we're already pushing down more talented players like Higgins, Hansen, Kassian, etc. to our 4th line as we get fully healthy then I wouldn't want to lose what toughness we do have.

Or if we're so deadset on moving Edler for a R side guy, how about:

Winnipeg - Luo, Weise (the Jets could use a depth RW).

Van - Bogosian, Frattin

Toronto - Pavelec (inb4 the Laffs don't need a goaltender haha).

Edler for Couturier + (personally there's no way I give Philly Edler unless Courturier is coming this way).

Edit: sorry, forget it - forgot about Enstrom's injury...the Peg may need Luo but would need a blueliner back...

Or if we're so deadset on moving Edler for a R side guy, how about:

Winnipeg - Luo, Weise (the Jets could use a depth RW).

Van - Bogosian, Frattin

Toronto - Pavelec (inb4 the Laffs don't need a goaltender haha).

Edler for Couturier + (personally there's no way I give Philly Edler unless Courturier is coming this way).

Christian Ehrhoff isn't a playoff player either. His defensive liabilities are more exposed, and teams are able to shut him down with a better system. Outside of two games where he benefited from Kesler's heroics in Nashville for 5 points, he was rarely effective offensively.

It's hard to tell how Garrison will be, as he was playing injured in his first playoff series, and missed a few games...but 3 points in 4 games is a pretty darn good start.

Its not that I am disappointed with having Edler on our left side. (although he is playing a lot on the right)

I do think that having Bieksa as our only natural Top4 capable right side D and shot is dangerous. I don't even disagree that having one of Edler /Garrison/Hamhuis cover the right side is a nice luxury. But I would feel better if we actually had a right side guy!

And watch the game again tonight; where was the break out and flow up ice we had two years ago?

That happens when a defender bursts up ice ahead of his checker and a guy who is supposed to be clogging the middle has to divert to cut him off. Then we have wingers breaking up ice open cuz their man left them.

Leddy did it tonight, Kieth a couple times, Bieksa once (although he got lost once he arrived in the offensive end LOL). How many two on 1's and 3 on 2's did Chicago have?

The net result is we're being turned back or playing the whole game waiting in the neutral zone.

AND we're not scoring enough goals.

So what we really need is a puck moving defender; and because the opening happens to be on the right side???

You and Smashian have put up excellent points!

Putting playoff hopes on Edler is a gamble as he has not shown consistancy as yet. Going after Green would be an option with a possible hugh upside. I agree with your conclusions on the left side overload.

Van's two biggest trading chips are IMO Lou and Ballard. The need is a Right side Dman, a 2RW and depending on what comes back from the first two deals a possible 3C. All the above have to have a physicality component. Not to much to ask. :(

I'm bored:

To NYI:

Lu

Ballard

Shroeder

Climie

Connaughton

1st

To VAN:

Tavares

Visnovsky

Dipietro

Nabokov

Canucks give up a lot of value and Aquilini agrees to buy out Dipietro's remaining $36 million. Essentially buying the trade.

NYI sells Tavares for a lot of money and gets a lot of value as well. The other NYI players are UFA's at th end of the season and both tried to get out of NYI.

NYI is moving to Brooklyn with the Nets and are turning it around. It could interest Lu.

Posted · Hidden by canuck2xtreme, February 20, 2013 - Inappropriate language/swear filter bypass
Hidden by canuck2xtreme, February 20, 2013 - Inappropriate language/swear filter bypass

I'm bored:

To NYI:

Lu

Ballard

Shroeder

Climie

Connaughton

1st

To VAN:

Tavares

Visnovsky

Dipietro

Nabokov

Canucks give up a lot of value and Aquilini agrees to buy out Dipietro's remaining $36 million. Essentially buying the trade.

NYI sells Tavares for a lot of money and gets a lot of value as well. The other NYI players are UFA's at th end of the season and both tried to get out of NYI.

NYI is moving to Brooklyn with the Nets and are turning it around. It could interest Lu.

At Teemu,

Dipietro would be a amnesty buyout so no caphit.

Canucks would be buying Tavares for almost $40 mil while also giving some good player. Similar to the Gretzky trade. It's all about the $$$. Vis and Nabokov are just thrown ins for depth.

Archived