The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

The Leafs are holding up the deal.

Their young goaltenders are delaying the arrival of Bryzgalov haha.

Once he's off to TO, Couturier is a Canuck.

Save your words if you think Philly would never move Couturier - I've heard it - I don't buy it. If Philly is bothering to call Gillis, you've gotta know that one of their young forwards has got to be in a deal, and undoubtedly he'd be on top of Gillis demands. As good as Couturier is, a goaltender is more important to that club - no skater is going to make up for Bryzgalov.

As far as the Toronto deal goes, I think Gardiner was the piece GMMG was looking for mostly. Not saying Toronto is still in talks, but Gardiner isn't a forward and hence, the forward injuries MAY not really effect the deal.

Gardiner, Reimer + a 2nd isn't that far off from a fair deal, maybe one more prospect or pick.

I really hope we don't trade Luongo until the trade deadline. But I feel for cap reasons next season a deal HAS to be made then. Our highest possible return will come at this point. And as fans I think we should be patient and wait until then.

If it goes past the Trade deadline, it could be possible we have to buy him out in the summer, or trade Corey. Either idea is bad imo.

Archived