The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Would be sweet, but not at the price of Ballard, having that Ballard - Tanev pair is more valuable than having a good line that won't play enough to be worth what we lose IMO.

Also on another note, I find it interesting. Reading a thread on HF (In the Panthers section) about Weiss, and the fans seem kind of split, some want him to stay badly, some don't see it as much of a loss. Kind of helps give some perspective.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324937

I think the only way Florida trades Weiss is if they feel Huberdeau is ready for top line minutes and Bjugstad can play 2nd/3rd line minutes.

Back to Torres for a minute. I agree that breaking up the Ballard - Tanev pair would be a bad idea, would a couple of picks at the trade deadline (2nd/3rd and a conditional 3rd/4th) be enough for Raffi?

I don't know why the Leafs would not trade Jake Gardiner, and maybe Frattin, and 2nds, 3rds, and or B grade prospects. They like Gardiner, but He seems to be on the bubble there, and He is a smallish defencemen, which really detracts from Defencemen's value. Unless they are a Markov or Niedermayer. I don't know where Gardiner would fit here though. Maybe Keith Ballard's spot, but Keith is a better Player now,and more physical.

I don't know why the Leafs would not trade Jake Gardiner, and maybe Frattin, and 2nds, 3rds, and or B grade prospects. They like Gardiner, but He seems to be on the bubble there, and He is a smallish defencemen, which really detracts from Defencemen's value. Unless they are a Markov or Niedermayer. I don't know where Gardiner would fit here though. Maybe Keith Ballard's spot, but Keith is a better Player now,and more physical.

meh, I don't think so.......grossly, grossly over rated. Good skater, but small, soft and one dimensional. He'd get eaten alive in the West......not to mention, where is he going to play? The d-corp is pretty locked up atm.

This is set t be one of the deepest drafts in a long time........the Leafs are trying to rebuild, they'll keep their picks

The guy is 6'2 and still has time to fill out his weight - Kevin Bieksa is an inch shorter, once Gardiner fills out he'll be solid.

The old 'west is tougher than the east' theory is definitely becoming more and more obsolete as cup-winning teams are more & and more often teams filled with strong players.

Gardiner put up 30 points as a rookie and was nearly a PPG in the AHL before getting hurt this year. Incl. 9 goals/23 games.

Gardiner - Tanev as a bottom pairing would give the Canucks great depth and a long-term plan on defense.

I dont think a luongo deal is as "imminent" as most think. The media puts words in MG's mouth.

This season will determine who gets dealt. Cory is the starter cause they want to see how he fairs with the pressure of a starting goalie. Dont get me wrong all signs point to a pending Lu deal but if Cory doesnt have a good season, it could be him on the block, for a bigger return too.

It always seems to be a shock in the end with situations like this..

I dont think a luongo deal is as "imminent" as most think. The media puts words in MG's mouth.

This season will determine who gets dealt. Cory is the starter cause they want to see how he fairs with the pressure of a starting goalie. Dont get me wrong all signs point to a pending Lu deal but if Cory doesnt have a good season, it could be him on the block, for a bigger return too.

It always seems to be a shock in the end with situations like this..

Archived