The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

This, simply put, is incorrect. Not my opinion, but completely not true. If you bothered to look it up instead of just spouting off opinion you'd have known that was false.

In the last 3 seasons (before the current one) CC had 8 fights while RT has had 9. Not a huge difference, but your statement is wrong nevertheless.

Fighting: Even

Mobility: Clutterbuck

Offense: Clutterbuck

Defense/PKing: Clutterbuck

Hitting/Physicality: Raffi

IQ: Edge to Clutterbuck

Consistentcy: Clutterbuck

Torres is feared for his size and hitting, but he is as streaky as they come. Clutterbuck is more rounded and bring alot of the same qualities and additional aspects aswell.

most of them were still in diapers. they have no idea what "bad" goaltending looks like. we should show them old tapes of essensa, snow, potvin, irbe, and the saviour alex auld (who was actually good compared to the rest of them). might be unfair to irbe actually he was an average goalie in the NHL in vancouver.

but you get the point, canuck fans have no idea what goaltending like the leafs/canucks of the 90's had looks like on a nightly basis - it aint pretty.

I'd say their preety similar players.

Hitting: Torres

Hockey IQ: slight edge to CC

Fighting: Even

Torres is probably one of the most feared forecheckers in the game, he puts the fear of God to defenders when on the forecheck.

Clutterbuck might be the more consistent hitter, but he's not a devastating hitter like Torres. He could turn a game with a single hit (Thornton,Seabrook) Good or bad he's a impactful player.

I thought one of MG's mistakes was not bringing back Torres, he's had a great chemistry with Hansen and Lappiere during our cup run..

How is Clutterbuck's offense better than Torres?

CC

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=76786

Torres

http://www.hockeydb....y.php?pid=42312

Those stats look preety similar to me. Also, if Clutterbuck was is more consistent, then he'd have more points than Torres.

Defense and PKing to CC? He's been a minus on all 4 years he's been on the leauge playing in one of the most defence oriented team in the NHL.

Mobility is also even, if Torres is not mobile, he'd never be able to hit anyone. CC is overrated, his hit count is inflated in Minny.

Lets just say we could use either Torres or Clutterbuck? Either helps our forward depth and could legitimize our 3rd lines ability to match up size wise, and shield the twins from having to match up against bigger line ups. We should be looking for a guy like this, or a top line right wing, where Kassian can fall somewhere into the mix.

Clutterbuck is probably better and he's also the more needed RIGHT wing; But he's also a big fan favorite in Minny; it will take a very good hockey offer to pry him loose.

But for the conversation here its not like we're going to offer Lou for either Torres or Clutterbuck?

Lets just say we could use either Torres or Clutterbuck? Either helps our forward depth and could legitimize our 3rd lines ability to match up size wise, and shield the twins from having to match up against bigger line ups. We should be looking for a guy like this, or a top line right wing, where Kassian can fall somewhere into the mix.

Clutterbuck is probably better and he's also the more needed RIGHT wing; But he's also a big fan favorite in Minny; it will take a very good hockey offer to pry him loose.

But for the conversation here its not like we're going to offer Lou for either Torres or Clutterbuck?

How? And I can't make the same argument that Torres point count was inflated by playing top 6 in edmonton?

I don't mean consistentcy just in scoring, just overall, Torres is a far more streaky player, not just how it is debatable, Torres is renound for being streaky, a great asset when on his game, but is bi-polar as to when he is on and off it.

"most defensive oreinted team in the NHL" :lol: Look at there defense core, after Suter and Gilbert it is a near nightmare.

There is a reason Clutterbuck has been a staple on Minnesota's PK for years, and why Raffi isn't often out killing penalties on any team he has been.

If you think Clutterbuck is overrated and Torres is just as good, go on HF board and ask Minnesota fans what they think of that.

Oh and I've already made the argument about Clutterbuck being better than Torres offensively. Here it is:

Okay make a thread, it is open to every fan, I guarentee not just Minny fans but everyone would take Clutterbuck over Torres.

And really they don't have depth? Couldn't be further from the truth.

Brodziak, Cullen, Koivu, Parise, Mitchell, Konopka, Powe are all capable of being solid penalty killers, that's 7 guys to fill 2 or 4 slots.

They have other guys who are fully capable, there is a reason Clutterbuck is consistently out killing penalties.

Archived