The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Gardiner has alot of offensive upside but has played 1 season for the leafs. Question becomes, is he the type of player that:

1. Can fit in, in the west?

2. Can fit in on the nucks?

3. Is more than a flash in the pan?

In regards to:

1. I think he is a very good offensive player but question if he could take the grinding play in the west. He is not the best defensive player and he's not physically big (ie uses size). That being said, he is offensively talented and coachable to probably get past this.

2. Worry here is AV. He doesn't let the dancers dance and the singers sing. He wants everyone to play 2 ways. How long before he busts this kid? I like AV, I like his strategy but that can have an impact of the value of a player to us...

3. Don't believe so, but there is potential he is. He did get prime ice time on a crap leafs team that let him play his style. Inflated stats?

I responded to your claim,yes, that Gardiner is an uber-impressive top 4 who is far too valuable to be traded for Luongo. I've heard your claim enough times - that he's untouchable - that I thought I'd ad some context to his achievements as a rookie - things you've decided not to look at because they don't qualify your parroting of all the hype from HF boards that you bring to this thread.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice Smashian - disregard the underlying numbers all you want - I'll disregard your suggestion to talk to objective Leafs fans haha. Mine to you is to respond to what people actually say - I haven't seen the quote you allege - truth is you put those words in my mouth.

I won't be able to supply the quote, as the Luongo thread it was in (3.0 or 4.0) is sense long gone, but you do nothing but bash the leafs anyways, clear Anti-Leaf bias.

Also your wrong, I never said he too valuable to be delt for Luongo, I have maintained that they would never do it as he is way to important too there team.

Would we trade Zack Kassian or Nicklas Jensen or Chris Tanev in a deal for say.. Vincent Lecavalier??? Absoluetly not.

You obviously don't understand the concept of importance which is why I suggest you go to HF and propose alot of the terrible deals on there that you have on here and gauge other fans reaction.

But you won't...?? Because...??? You know I'm right??

It's easy Smashian - google my name and that quote - and those threads aren't gone - they're right here for your reference - they're just locked - but the truth is you're simply wrong fabricating something - those were your words not mine - so cut the BS.

Why would we trade Kassian, Jensen or Tanev when we don't have a greater, gaping need between the pipes? Good question.

Apparently in the absence of King, we've turned on our own...

Smashian and oldnews, you two are well past the intelligent debate stage and into the 'yelling over the internet' stage. And it's not even about Luongo - might be time to take a step back and see what the heck you're arguing about.

Anyway, after a pretty darn good night from Luongo tonight, and Gillis not saying the volume of check ins with other teams has increased but rather the quality of those check ins are a little more interesting, there's a chance we do see a deal at some point soon. No rush on Gillis' part, as he's made clear a few times, but we'll see how much of a rush other teams are in pretty soon.

Yeah it sucks there was some really good threads started today about Luongo but since this thread exists they were locked, so I come here to continue the conversation. And all I see is pages and pages of you morons arguing with each other about nothing that has to do with Luongo. Instead of moderators locking redundant threads, maybe they could ban all you that come here to argue with one another. This thread should not be named Luongo Trade Thread it should be named the argue with old news and smashinkassian about stuff that has NOTHING to do with Luongo. You guys ruin this site.

Yeah it sucks there was some really good threads started today about Luongo but since this thread exists they were locked, so I come here to continue the conversation. And all I see is pages and pages of you morons arguing with each other about nothing that has to do with Luongo. Instead of moderators locking redundant threads, maybe they could ban all you that come here to argue with one another. This thread should not be named Luongo Trade Thread it should be named the argue with old news and smashinkassian about stuff that has NOTHING to do with Luongo. You guys ruin this site.

Sorry, it was too harsh. It is just frustrating that threads involving relevant Luongo updates and conversations are locked and we are told to come to the only thread on this site were people aern't talking about Luongo.

after last night's choke to LA it looks as though Lu is past his "best before" date so that means his price is going down!! Has he actually recorded a win this season? Don't think so. I am very surprised he is suited up if Gillis is serious about trading/dumping him!! Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

after last night's choke to LA it looks as though Lu is past his "best before" date so that means his price is going down!! Has he actually recorded a win this season? Don't think so. I am very surprised he is suited up if Gillis is serious about trading/dumping him!! Injuries to Lu could very well be a double edged sword to this team!!!

Archived