• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Templeton Peck

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Dude! Ryan Smyth was drafted in the first round 6th overall. We would probably have to send them luongo and kassian just for him. Jensen and a 1st should probably get us yakupov. That's like 2 first rounders for 1. We might have to include js if we went rnh. That way we are sending them 5 1st rounders but only getting back 3.

To those that could not pick up on the sarcasm of this tweet.

There is no hope for you

You will struggle mightily everyday for the rest of your life

For those who did detect sarcasm, congrats on not bring retarded.

I believe Gillis' little interview has got away from him and has back fired.

The only people that believe him are here in the Luongo thread.

False Alarm.

To those that could not pick up on the sarcasm of this tweet.

There is no hope for you

You will struggle mightily everyday for the rest of your life

For those who did detect sarcasm, congrats on not bring retarded.

I believe Gillis' little interview has got away from him and has back fired.

The only people that believe him are here in the Luongo thread.

False Alarm.

Sharp would be awesome, at this point I'd even go for bolland and a 2nd, but push for Bolland and a 1st. I'd throw in Raymond or Cannauton to get the first

To be honest, I never really saw TO as a serious trading partner anyway. They just don't have what Van wants, or needs. I also think the emergence as Kass a legit top 6 scoring threat changes MG's strategy a bit. I think they're not so concerned with getting a top 6 roster player back as the centre piece, and can focus a little more on prospects and have a roster players as the secondary piece.

Could have simply stated that it was sarcastic...Bags on others for being stupid... ...is this how you stroke your own pathetic ego? What a typical CDC'er

Could have simply stated that it was sarcastic...Bags on others for being stupid... ...is this how you stroke your own pathetic ego? What a typical CDC'er

Here's hoping Toronto, islanders, Chicago, Edmonton Washington, Philly, and Florida all let in 5+ goals tonight. Go into the weekend all with bad goaltending :)

Agree that TO had to be a poor option. Kassian is looking good as his confidence seems sky high. It bodes well for teams who think they can play a more physical game against the Twins with Kassian banging bodies from the get go. Still think the 2nd line is a disaster and might be the downfall of the Canuck season. Kesler has to come back and be effective as well as Booth which might be a stretch.

Lui has to bring back a top 6 player, a prospect and a pic.

To NYI:

Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd

To Van:

Nino, Vis

Vis and Nino both don't want to play for NYI so they are most likely looking for a trade. Canucks gain an offensive dman and young centre with lots of potential.

NYI get a veteran starting goalie that bring leadership to a young team. Ballard would be a top 4dman on the Islanders and he'd be better in the East. Sweatt is a mid-prospect that may crack a depth wingers spot. A higher pick to increase offer.

With NYI having tons of young talent they are in a position to make a move. Lu would consider as it is in the Eastern easier Conference and they are moving to a new building in 2015 with the very wealthy Nets. Also a lot closer to Florida.

I wouldn't mind:

To Chicago:

Luongo

Raymond

To Vancouver:

Bolland

Stalberg

2nd round pick

As far as gut feelings go, I think the Ducks may be in talks, but that Philly makes the most sense if they can move Bryz.

To NYI:

Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd

To Van:

Nino, Vis

Vis and Nino both don't want to play for NYI so they are most likely looking for a trade. Canucks gain an offensive dman and young centre with lots of potential.

NYI get a veteran starting goalie that bring leadership to a young team. Ballard would be a top 4dman on the Islanders and he'd be better in the East. Sweatt is a mid-prospect that may crack a depth wingers spot. A higher pick to increase offer.

With NYI having tons of young talent they are in a position to make a move. Lu would consider as it is in the Eastern easier Conference and they are moving to a new building in 2015 with the very wealthy Nets. Also a lot closer to Florida.

and the delusions of grandeur go on and on!!! With Lu's contract forget any other GM taking a deal from MG seriously. He'd have eat at least half of that contract!!!....

To NYI:

Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd

To Van:

Nino, Vis

lol At Adam Proteau, career Canuck-hater, tweeting 'Gillis just got an AMAZING offer for Luongo' after TO beat Pittsburgh last night. But i suspect that was some kind of lame twitter joke.

Twitter is overpopulated with lame jokes. Anytime anything happens in the sports world, you get reminded of it countless times by everyone in sports media and blogs who takes their crack at humour. And i must say, the majority of the jokes rank from 'Well that was freakin' obvious, douchebag' to 'Try harder. You can do better.'

I wish sports media and blog guys would just stop trying to be funny when they clearly aren't. Sure, the odd one 'haha' guy is fine. But EVERYBODY!?! Shut the hell up hell up, Carrot Top.

Why would Anaheim be in the mix? The have Hiller, plus Fasth and John Gibson. Even if Hiller doesn't do well they have excellent depth in net and know they aren't immediately contending for a cup anyway. It's not Hiller's fault they were bad last year.

Twitter is overpopulated with lame jokes. Anytime anything happens in the sports world, you get reminded of it countless times by everyone in sports media and blogs who takes their crack at humour. And i must say, the majority of the jokes rank from 'Well that was freakin' obvious, douchebag' to 'Try harder. You can do better.'

I wish sports media and blog guys would just stop trying to be funny when they clearly aren't. Sure, the odd one 'haha' guy is fine. But EVERYBODY!?! Shut the hell up hell up, Carrot Top