The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Dude! Ryan Smyth was drafted in the first round 6th overall. We would probably have to send them luongo and kassian just for him. Jensen and a 1st should probably get us yakupov. That's like 2 first rounders for 1. We might have to include js if we went rnh. That way we are sending them 5 1st rounders but only getting back 3.

To those that could not pick up on the sarcasm of this tweet.

There is no hope for you

You will struggle mightily everyday for the rest of your life

For those who did detect sarcasm, congrats on not bring retarded.

I believe Gillis' little interview has got away from him and has back fired.

The only people that believe him are here in the Luongo thread.

False Alarm.

To those that could not pick up on the sarcasm of this tweet.

There is no hope for you

You will struggle mightily everyday for the rest of your life

For those who did detect sarcasm, congrats on not bring retarded.

I believe Gillis' little interview has got away from him and has back fired.

The only people that believe him are here in the Luongo thread.

False Alarm.

To be honest, I never really saw TO as a serious trading partner anyway. They just don't have what Van wants, or needs. I also think the emergence as Kass a legit top 6 scoring threat changes MG's strategy a bit. I think they're not so concerned with getting a top 6 roster player back as the centre piece, and can focus a little more on prospects and have a roster players as the secondary piece.

Agree that TO had to be a poor option. Kassian is looking good as his confidence seems sky high. It bodes well for teams who think they can play a more physical game against the Twins with Kassian banging bodies from the get go. Still think the 2nd line is a disaster and might be the downfall of the Canuck season. Kesler has to come back and be effective as well as Booth which might be a stretch.

Lui has to bring back a top 6 player, a prospect and a pic.

To NYI:

Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd

To Van:

Nino, Vis

Vis and Nino both don't want to play for NYI so they are most likely looking for a trade. Canucks gain an offensive dman and young centre with lots of potential.

NYI get a veteran starting goalie that bring leadership to a young team. Ballard would be a top 4dman on the Islanders and he'd be better in the East. Sweatt is a mid-prospect that may crack a depth wingers spot. A higher pick to increase offer.

With NYI having tons of young talent they are in a position to make a move. Lu would consider as it is in the Eastern easier Conference and they are moving to a new building in 2015 with the very wealthy Nets. Also a lot closer to Florida.

To NYI:

Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd

To Van:

Nino, Vis

Vis and Nino both don't want to play for NYI so they are most likely looking for a trade. Canucks gain an offensive dman and young centre with lots of potential.

NYI get a veteran starting goalie that bring leadership to a young team. Ballard would be a top 4dman on the Islanders and he'd be better in the East. Sweatt is a mid-prospect that may crack a depth wingers spot. A higher pick to increase offer.

With NYI having tons of young talent they are in a position to make a move. Lu would consider as it is in the Eastern easier Conference and they are moving to a new building in 2015 with the very wealthy Nets. Also a lot closer to Florida.

To NYI:

Lu, Ballard, Sweatt, 3rd

To Van:

Nino, Vis

lol At Adam Proteau, career Canuck-hater, tweeting 'Gillis just got an AMAZING offer for Luongo' after TO beat Pittsburgh last night. But i suspect that was some kind of lame twitter joke.

Twitter is overpopulated with lame jokes. Anytime anything happens in the sports world, you get reminded of it countless times by everyone in sports media and blogs who takes their crack at humour. And i must say, the majority of the jokes rank from 'Well that was freakin' obvious, douchebag' to 'Try harder. You can do better.'

I wish sports media and blog guys would just stop trying to be funny when they clearly aren't. Sure, the odd one 'haha' guy is fine. But EVERYBODY!?! Shut the hell up hell up, Carrot Top.

Twitter is overpopulated with lame jokes. Anytime anything happens in the sports world, you get reminded of it countless times by everyone in sports media and blogs who takes their crack at humour. And i must say, the majority of the jokes rank from 'Well that was freakin' obvious, douchebag' to 'Try harder. You can do better.'

I wish sports media and blog guys would just stop trying to be funny when they clearly aren't. Sure, the odd one 'haha' guy is fine. But EVERYBODY!?! Shut the hell up hell up, Carrot Top

Archived