The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Damn Luongo wasn't impressive at all... toews kane sharp n leddy musta gone easy on him. Trade this bum!!! /Sarcasm.

He's elite. He's the best... if u thought other wise change ur mind and accept you are extremely wrong about the face of our franchise

I stated Luongo is playing better, but Schneider is still my preference. Lou is still here because other teams don;t see the value that MG has put on him and a trade has not happened.Lou still has work to do..has had some really good puck luck the last 2 games. The goal Kane scored was a good example of Lou's inability to get from one post to the other without falling forward. On a positive note, Lou was great in the shootout and showed a lot of patience.

Luongo lost the starting position because Schneider was a better goalie when it mattered most - in the playoffs.

It doesn't matter how well he plays in the first 10 games of the regular season. Nothing has changed.

No he lost it because the team was God awful infront. …f him and his spectacular play made them look not as bad. Luongo is better what don't u understand... he's an else goalie. Do u get that?

He's dominated for ten years and won't stop dominating

Seriously? It was announced loud and clear in games 3, 4, and 5 of the Kings series:

luongo-on-bench.jpeg

Of course AV is gonna downplay it. And yes, he DOES have two #1 goalies. But one was clearly chosen as the better choice with the season on the line.

In fact, your entire post is contradictory. You say that you refuse to believe one thing because it hasn't been specifically spelled out for you by the Canucks' organization. Then you point out that AV has repeatedly stated that neither of his goalies is considered the back-up. But then you immediately flip, and try to identify the back-up.

Did Schneider win the Cup yet? Did he even win a series? Has he even played one full season as a number one? Is he really a number one then?

Schneider, as of now, has a lot of crumbs to eat. If he is really better than Luongo, he will surface as the undisputed number one. If Schneider cannot handle the pressure of competing against an elite goaltender and falters, it ought to be a good indication that he might not be ready yet and/ or might not have what it takes.

As for the stupidity of saying Luongo is playing a no pressure game with nothing to lose, this guy has everything to lose. How about he's playing like the elite goaltender he is, the competitor he is and has worked all summer long with his old coach to better himself and compete and regain face and his rightful position?

Do you guys HAVE TO DIG A GRAVE FOR HIM? Do you really HAVE to? I don't know what the hell is in the Vncouver water but you guys have GOT to understand that you are creating some serious damage and on the Toronto speculation to say the least.

I'm in Ontario right now and I am taking hockey with people here and they just don't understand how the hell Vancouver can hate so much. They call their own team the Laughs. They understand it. They're not particularité fond Of Phaneuf, Kessel OR Kadri though they're warming up to Kadri. But what they don't understand is why Vancouver would ever get rid of Luongo. And according to my daily conversations with hockey fans here, they think a Luongo for Phaneuf deal is a steal for Toronto, and same in a Kessel for Luongo.

You guys HAVE GOT to get it together.

Schneider being number one is media fabrication.

Luongo demanding a trade is media fabrication.

Schneider's unhappiness is media fabrication.

An old man is threatened by some young youths: "give us your money" they say. The man says: "ok. I'll give you guys $1,00 each today. Tomorrow, I'll divide in two, the next day twice once more." The youths agree and they each get $1,00. The next day they come back to the old man and the old man gives them 0.50 cents each. The next day after that, 0.25 cents each. The next day after that 0.12 cents, then 0.06 cents. On the sixth day, the youths didn't bother to show up to collect their 0.03 cents and the old man had peace.

Archived