The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

The most amazing logic you have come up yet is you expected Luongo to play the way he plays but that shouldn't change anything, while disregarding Schneider's sub par numbers. Are you looking for reasons to complain for years to come?

If Luongo is in the process of regaining his rightful position, should you not support the guy? Are you that thick between the ears and ever so vindictive that forgiveness is not on your radar?

Give it a break already. You're like that last guy trying to dig for gold when everyone else know the well is exhausted. And so proud that you'll settle for any dust you find.

Ridiculous.

You got that right, it's ridiculous how you think Luongo has come out of nowhere played better than we have ever seen, once again become the best goalie in the world and is unquestionably our guy.

I support Luongo fully, I support that he wants to move on.

Like I said, Luongo is an all-star goalie, anyone who was expecting him to preform any worse than this is the one I would worried about being "thick between the ears"

It is expected Roberto plays like this, he is Roberto Luongo, like Cory said it isn't a rookie being called up.

Cory has been pretty good, while Cory was facing great scoring chances galore while our team was knocking off rust, it appears our team is much better now than before so when Cory steps in he will play just as well. Watch

Luongo has played a great couple of games, from the Calgary game on Schneider has played well too, no reason to overreact and blow a few good games by Roberto out of proportion, Cory is still our guy and he will step in and play well.

I think the Canucks are in the dressing room laughing at everyone and you think there is a trade and really there isn't one.

This is just a ploy to get the fans talking about something else other than how bad they played and just how serious of an injury Kesler had during the playoffs and how bad Edler played when we all knew he wasn't an all star who could be beat to the right by fast skaters.. Why answer the tough questions when you can let the fans create a frenzy. The Canucks only decided to do what they did all season. They played what goalie they felt had the best chance to win. They are still doing it and the press and the fans keep saying there is a trade. Haha, jokes on you! Yea there is a trade if a genaral manager out there is stupid enough to accept 3 top teir players and a couple 1st round choice. Gillis isn't going to trade Luongo unless he raids some other teams cupboards bare. I just don't think there is a GM who will be that stupid and also assume that rediculous salary too.

But truly, leave the goaltending duties to Sneider who hasn't proven he is a full time starter and to a prospect. Lets bring in Messier too!

Thanks, but I think you may be wrong about a couple things:

1. Fletcher, Burke, and Nonis have traded away good players and high draft picks and acquired PhaGoof and Mrs. Kessel, truculent pylons, and small prospects; none of which we want. And a short while ago it seemed to be the accepted fact that Luongo had turned down a move to the centre of the Canadian media universe.

2. DiPietro may well be the "player they need to decide what they are going to do with before we can get it done" Gillis was talking about when he said he had a potential deal in place. NYI also has, in my opinion at least, some of the goofiest management in the NHL, is moving to a new building in a better market, and plenty of players, prospects, and draft picks to satisfy GMMG's wish list. He also said it was not with any of the teams everyone was talking about, and at that time, somewhat like now, most people did not think the NY Islanders were a plausible trade partner.

3. Smarter, more knowledgeable people than I on these boards have made good cases for Washington and Florida. With Luongo's good play, new upbeat attitude, and expansion of his list of teams to which he would consent to be moved, perhaps other teams are looking a little closer at what they might need to do to get him. I think Bryzgalov might also have been the "player need to decide etc" but everyone had Philly in the mix back then. Who knows? Gillis has surprised me many times and like DeNiro says, "Gillis is smarter than me."

Anyway, thanks for all your smashes back at K of the BS troll and that ridiculous side-kick of his, Canucks Hockey 101, even if it is feeding the trolls.

Why these people have priviledges here is beyond me.

And no, it is not because they have good content that happens to be saying bad things about the Canucks.

It is because they clutter up the boards with all their crap.

Yeah the Anti-Leaf bias kind of bugs me aswell.

Yeah they aren't the greatest team and there is this stereotype that they suck and every player is terrible but that's not the case, they have better prospects/young players than we do and it isn't really that close.

You also like to make the claim that your words are being twisted Smashian, and yet here you go, once again, taking the liberty of rewriting conversations with simplistic straw paraphrases.

Was it not you who asked me to provide you a list of Leafs I would and would not be interested in?

I know we tend to have a short attention span here, and I'm not going to re-state that entire post or process, but to refresh your memory, I went through their roster and their were more players on the don't mind list than the not interested list. It simply happens to be the case that the best Leafs imo are poor fits. Grabovski - great player but a far too expensive cap hit to bury beneath Kesler. Their best players are left wings -again, overlap and excessive cap hits to fit in. Bozak, MacArthur - UFAs. Prospects are (perhaps necessarily) overvalued. Best fit - Frattin. Phaneuf and Kessel - over-rated.

Your sensitivity towards all things Leafs is very touching - on the other hand, the looseness with which you throw the "scraps" label at Raymond, Ballard, Schroeder and a 1st - not so much. Ironing if you ask me.

I'm glad you were watching last year. But you should start watching this year as you will see Bryzgalov is re-discovering old form and playing great. They need to get there defense healthy and maybe upgrade a bit there but they are fine, Goaltending isn't an issue for them anymore, atleast not now.

Archived