The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

I'm sure Gillis flew 4000 km just to scout the Capitals chili fries...

Why would those reporters be so naive. Washington needs a legit goaltender, Gillis has one for the right price. It doesn't take a genious to put two and two together.

Anyone who thinks MG is going to pull the trigger on any deal involving one of our goaltenders before Ryan Kesler and David Booth comes back is out to lunch on this situation.

Gillis hasn't even had the chance to evaluate his full and complete roster to assess which positions need to be addressed in return for a goaltender... And knowing how meticulous Gillis is, don't expect us to make any moves before we have a chance to see how good our team is in front of both Roberto and Cory...

If our team looks dominant, and I mean 2011 dominant, I can easily see Gillis standing pat and going into the playoffs with two elite goaltenders. The only difference is, Schneider is on par with Luongo this time, and if Luongo falters, AV won't hesitate to put Schneider in - say games like games 4 or 6 vs Boston.

This is the best case scenario I can see for us in this shortened season - if we are a dominant elite team upon Kesler and Booth's return, stand pat with two elite goaltenders, and add a couple depth pieces using draft picks if the opportunity presents itself.

Man, you can't even take the compliment that it was a reasonable post. Even with sarcastic stuff in the middle about you putting up the ideal return where you reminded everyone they didn't need to reply to that part, so I ignored it as you suggested.

It'd be great if you'd reply to the topic at hand, is there anything about my post other than what you bolded that's interesting? What do you think of Galiev or do they have to send us back a goalie (versus sending Holtby back to the AHL or trading one separately)? How about if Bryz's playoff experience from Anaheim has much impact on his comparison to Luongo?

Can't see MG and LG making a 'casual' trip to Washington. It may have nothing to do with Lu, but I would think they're looking at someone. Carlson was on the infamous "top 5 for Coho" list, but that would demand +++ in return. Whatever happened to Eric Fehr? He seems to have fallen off the map of late. Sounds like a MG reclamation project.

If it is about Lu, then I think Carlson would be coming back.

Lu, Ballard, Hansen/Higgins

Carlson, Fehr, Backup G

I love how half the people here want to trade Schneider now. Like holy, I thought I didn't have patience. We are not trading Schneider unless we get a really good younger player with star talent. Those trades are extremely hard to come by so for awhile we're going to have both Lu and Schneider in net. The Boston Bruins won with two starting goalies and so will we. I wouldn't mind trading Luongo in the off season so teams like Philli can be in the conversation. Schneider is still our future, Lu aien't getting any younger.

OK, so McGuire inferring that it's "more than likely not just a casual trip" is enough to fuel pages and pages of new speculation and proposals, but Washington's sources are completely unfounded for saying that they're not interested in Luongo.

Is that what you're saying? And wouldn't Pierre McGuire be considered a member of the media himself, which thus invalidate your last two sentences?

Anyone who thinks MG is going to pull the trigger on any deal involving one of our goaltenders before Ryan Kesler and David Booth comes back is out to lunch on this situation.

Gillis hasn't even had the chance to evaluate his full and complete roster to assess which positions need to be addressed in return for a goaltender... And knowing how meticulous Gillis is, don't expect us to make any moves before we have a chance to see how good our team is in front of both Roberto and Cory...

If our team looks dominant, and I mean 2011 dominant, I can easily see Gillis standing pat and going into the playoffs with two elite goaltenders. The only difference is, Schneider is on par with Luongo this time, and if Luongo falters, AV won't hesitate to put Schneider in - say games like games 4 or 6 vs Boston.

This is the best case scenario I can see for us in this shortened season - if we are a dominant elite team upon Kesler and Booth's return, stand pat with two elite goaltenders, and add a couple depth pieces using draft picks if the opportunity presents itself.

Alright let me try

To Vancouver: Evgeny Kuznetsov, Mike Green, Braden Holtby/Michal Neuvirth

To Washington: Roberto Luongo, Mason Raymond, 2013 2nd

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen

Volpatti - Malhotra - Lapierre

Hamhuis - Green

Edler - Garrison

Ballard - Bieksa

Schneider

Holtby/Neuvirth

Putting two and two together anybody should be able to see that missing their own teams game on friday night to fly to Washington clearly shows there is something going on. Its funny that you refuse to aknowledge that, but a reporter who simply asks the gm "hey are you interested in Luongo" and gets the reply No, you believe. Because Gm's have to be honest to the media? Do they like telling them inside information??

I'm not saying that there's nothing to it. I'm merely pointing out credible members of the Washington media deny it. I'm very confident that if those same members instead said something like "we're hearing that there are serious discussions going on right now between VAN and WAS about Luongo", not a single person here would be questioning their credibility. Funny how that works, isn't it?

What's interesting to me is that they only mentioned Luongo, and not Schneider. Honestly, to me, it's looking more and more like Cory is the one that may well be on his way out.

Archived