The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

Unfortunately, we're in a position where we need to get rid of 1 goaltender before the start of next season, with this knowledge bringing down the value of each goaltender with each passing day that we keep both. It's a game of chicken and I simply don't see how the bids will increase as we hold on to both guys.

The team that gets more desperate as time passes is us, not the other side, which continues to lower our bargaining position.

bob mckenzie said on tv that the canucks brass were at yale on saturday to see some prospects play, matt beattie who plays for yale and possibly some college free agents and that them being at the washington game was just a matter of circumstance. They will also go to another game ( i think he said NYI/devils) before heading home.)

exactly.........I also have to believe that it's do or die for McPhee this season. He's made players the fall guy, coaches the fall guy......his head is on the block this season. I have to think he's kicking a lot of tires regarding goalies. Maybe it's Leonis who's saying no to Lu?

Archived