The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

^^ I would imagine we will send Ebbett to Chicago and sign Tambellini. Schroeder has shown he's a step above Ebbett, and our depth on wing could use a little help. (Weise on the second line...)

Tambellini is a great ultility guy to have. He filled in great a couple seasons ago, and brings much more to the table then Ebbett.

Washington's vulnerable, & McPhee's been historically reluctant to make dramatic deals. Reasons which could lead to them overpaying. So these deals you guys are proposing(about 5 or 6 piece-trades) should be expanded to include Ballard for Alzner.

Between Philly, Florida & Wash one of them will cave, & overpay. MG needs to work these teams' offers against each other, & stick to getting/demanding a KEY young stud(Gudbranson, Alzner or Couturier). All goaltenders on these teams must feel excess pressure about now. This could be an amazing opportunity.

Lastly, I think Lu would accept going to any of these 3-and he's far away, to lessen the chance of burning us in PO's...

To be honest, I never really saw TO as a serious trading partner anyway. They just don't have what Van wants, or needs. I also think the emergence as Kass a legit top 6 scoring threat changes MG's strategy a bit. I think they're not so concerned with getting a top 6 roster player back as the centre piece, and can focus a little more on prospects and have a roster players as the secondary piece.

A couple more losses for WSH and they'll be desperate.

Get Perreault and Johansson! :P

Luongo + Malhotra

for

Perreault and Johansson + Erskine

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Kassian

Higgins - Johansson - Hansen

Perreault - Lappiere - Weise

We could roll 4 lines no problem with that.

Washington's vulnerable, & McPhee's been historically reluctant to make dramatic deals. Reasons which could lead to them overpaying. So these deals you guys are proposing(about 5 or 6 piece-trades) should be expanded to include Ballard for Alzner.

Between Philly, Florida & Wash one of them will cave, & overpay. MG needs to work these teams' offers against each other, & stick to getting/demanding a KEY young stud(Gudbranson, Alzner or Couturier). All goaltenders on these teams must feel excess pressure about now. This could be an amazing opportunity.

Lastly, I think Lu would accept going to any of these 3-and he's far away, to lessen the chance of burning us in PO's...

Archived