[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 5.0

CBJ

Schneider

Raymond

1st

VAN

Umberger

Murray

This is more appealing to Columbus because they acquire a young goaltender who will comlement and stabilize their team for years to come. Luongo is more appealing to the Cancuks because he's elite and on a mission to prove you personally, how wrong you are and has been signed long-term and complements and stabilizes this team and that, for years to come.

Both teams win big.

In which case the Canucks would have a 1.167 burden with the salary cap going down.. until 2017.

Or a 3.5 burden until 2015 if they decided to keep him.

Not good cap management.

GMMG referred to this earlier anyway, stating he didn't want a player he'd have to turn around and buy out.

Edit: And no, you don't know if the Canucks have to, in order to make a deal with FLA.

Well, his GAA would drop, and SP would rise if he's given the chance to play.

I think Lu's having as good a year, because there's no pressure on him. More pressure on Schneider now, because he was designated as the No. 1 goalie. Schneids needs to start the game in Minny. Either way, I don't see Lu playing a good game against Minnesota. It's one team that's had his number for a number of years now. If he plays poorly, and the team loses, it'll be Schneider's turn, and I think for one, that he'll run with the opportunity.

I would say we had a bit of luck against the hawks too, hit the post twice, Hossa hit the side of the net with a wide open net. Hammer or someone deflects the puck through Lus pads but the whistle blows, maybe it didnt completely cross the line but it was darn close..so a lot of Luck for sure. And that game against Oilers we out shot them 40 to 25 so I would not say he was the only reason why we got points in that game either. I do respect how you feel about Lu and I really dont want to argue with you or try to change your views. So I m not gonna continue with this, honestly all i care about is this team and whats best for it to win the cup and whats best for it for the future.

Archived